NBA restart - what's your interest level?

The NBA begins later this week, what is your intereste leve?

• Can't Wait!

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I'll watch if there's a good matchup

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I'm done with the NBA, too much off court stuff

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters

Red14

The NBA players are, I feel, trending into dangerous waters with all of the off court, political things that keep being mentioned. As a fan, I'm most interested in their basketball games and how it affects my team. Could the NBA players be sabotaging their own careers and the future careers of others by potential alienating the fanbase?

I usually don't watch any NBA outside of interesting matchups in the playoffs. Since it's been months without live sports I'll probably be watching whenever I can when there's a decent matchup.

In particular I'm really interested in seeing the Nuggets and the oversized lineup they've used a bit in their scrimmages with Jokic and Bol Bol frequently playing on the perimeter.

Highly doubt the social activism of NBA players/‘not sticking to basketball’ is going to turn off any fans that even remotely follow the Association. It’s also not uncharted territory the players are entering (see: “I Can’t Breathe” campaign in 2014.)

Can one be negative % interest?

Havent been much of an NBA fan the last decade plus.
May take the boy to attend a Pacer's game, or watch one if I am bored and I know a former Hoosier is playing, but other than that even that interest is GONE.

Leave the social activism OUTSIDE the lines......

I usually don't watch any NBA outside of interesting matchups in the playoffs. Since it's been months without live sports I'll probably be watching whenever I can when there's a decent matchup.

In particular I'm really interested in seeing the Nuggets and the oversized lineup they've used a bit in their scrimmages with Jokic and Bol Bol frequently playing on the perimeter.
Nuggetts are an interesting matchup for teams. Unfortunately due to marketing, we get very little info on teams outside of the Lakers, Rockets, Celtics, Warriors, Sixers (my team) and now the Pelicans. I still think many don't remember that the Raptors won the title last year. NBA/ ESPN/ TNT is so bent on pushing stars they don't market all their teams. Although Giannis is becoming more popular by the day, the Bucks are also a low marketed team. Imagine a Bucks/ Nuggets final?

Highly doubt the social activism of NBA players/‘not sticking to basketball’ is going to turn off any fans that even remotely follow the Association. It’s also not uncharted territory the players are entering (see: “I Can’t Breathe” campaign in 2014.)
While that may be true, the way sports grow fanbases is by making their games more attractive, not less. I think the NBA is dangerously pushing alot of fringe fans away.

Can one be negative % interest?

Havent been much of an NBA fan the last decade plus.
May take the boy to attend a Pacer's game, or watch one if I am bored and I know a former Hoosier is playing, but other than that even that interest is GONE.

Leave the social activism OUTSIDE the lines......
I thought Oladipo wasn't going to play?

I think we'll find out in another year that many of these players will see their "brand" has been damaged by off court stuff and we'll go back to athletes acting like athletes, and not politicians.

I thought Oladipo wasn't going to play?

I think we'll find out in another year that many of these players will see their "brand" has been damaged by off court stuff and we'll go back to athletes acting like athletes, and not politicians.
Saw on the bottom line he was going to practice at least. I was just saying that if i go to a pacers game, it would only to watch VO and try to go to a matchup against another former Hoosier.

Haven't watched a single game this year and still won't. Comrade James wants to be 4-6 that we will "finish" a season with no fans and then have a playoff.

The officiating has gotten worse each year. Then you have these spoiled athletes pretending to be victims yet OK with Nike and their Slave Labor as well as oppressing Hong Kong.

Read something this morning about the ratings for the Lakers-Clippers restart game. It was a fawning piece bragging about a "massive" 3 rating. Lol.

It actually achieved a 4.1 the last 15 min of the game, bolstering the theory that all you need to see of an NBA game is the end.

PF.jpg

No Bubble Basketball for me,too much before the game,court,uni's,refs,background,a lot of golf to watch...BAM!

Catching a few minutes here and there. Normal NBA season for me, I’ll watch more in the playoffs.

Cavs got the #5 pick? Might as well move to Vegas now. 25 wins next season tops.
I would tend to agree, but there are no clear franchise-changers in this draft...but there are always some in every draft. Will the Cavs get lucky and pick one? Who knows, but they need an impact player from this draft to build a legit line up.

I would tend to agree, but there are no clear franchise-changers in this draft...but there are always some in every draft. Will the Cavs get lucky and pick one? Who knows, but they need an impact player from this draft to build a legit line up.
And I think that player needs to be a forward

I just figured they'd get the first pick with there being no clear cut all-stars in the bunch, a la the Anthony Bennett year.