National Champion at every level

neofb2021

I was just thinking that Mike Doss from Canton McKinley won a national title at McKinley, a national title at OSU, and a Super Bowl with the Colts. I’m not here to debate the legitimacy of an AP poll title I’m just curious if there is any one else that has ever also completed this same Trifecta.

I was just thinking that Mike Doss from Canton McKinley won a national title at McKinley, a national title at OSU, and a Super Bowl with the Colts. I’m not here to debate the legitimacy of an AP poll title I’m just curious if there is any one else that has ever also completed this same Trifecta.

Debating AP Poll Titles is a fruitless venture that is usually started by the weak minded with ulterior motives. Wouldn't one think that if there absolutely has to be a debate it would be over the National Titles at the HS level? Or even, on a much smaller scale, the college National Titles pre playoffs and definitely pre BCS?

Debating AP Poll Titles is a fruitless venture that is usually started by the weak minded with ulterior motives. Wouldn't one think that if there absolutely has to be a debate it would be over the National Titles at the HS level? Or even, on a much smaller scale, the college National Titles pre playoffs and definitely pre BCS?
Yes

Wow great feedback. Massillon folks mentioned on here were no doubt on some elite teams however I was looking for a super bowl championship. Notthose individuals fault as that game didn’t exist yet, and it certainly doesn’t diminish their accomplishments. Michael Irving was on a state championship team according to the post not a national championship team in HS.
For the record I do personally find HS national championships and pre bcs national championships somewhat dubious as they were just rankings by an AP poll or some other group. I think it is obvious that a any championship won on the field of play is more legitimate, but poll championships have to count because that was the system in place at the time. Just my personal thoughts and I’m not trying to $ hit on anyone or their accomplishments.

Wow great feedback. Massillon folks mentioned on here were no doubt on some elite teams however I was looking for a super bowl championship. Notthose individuals fault as that game didn’t exist yet, and it certainly doesn’t diminish their accomplishments. Michael Irving was on a state championship team according to the post not a national championship team in HS.
For the record I do personally find HS national championships and pre bcs national championships somewhat dubious as they were just rankings by an AP poll or some other group. I think it is obvious that a any championship won on the field of play is more legitimate, but poll championships have to count because that was the system in place at the time. Just my personal thoughts and I’m not trying to $ hit on anyone or their accomplishments.

Then no offense, but the non Super Bowl NFL championships have to count too. That was the system in place at the time. I get what you mean, but we can't pick and choose.

Then no offense, but the non Super Bowl NFL championships have to count too. That was the system in place at the time. I get what you mean, but we can't pick and choose.
Did the browns actually win a final, championship game to be considered champs or did voters give them the title?

We are in the minority, and it doesnt get talked about much, but I concur withe the pre bcs titles as well.

As much crap that the BCS system received, it at least gave us a game with the supposed top two teams for a title. Kids today do not even understand the old bowl system and national titles where there wasnt a title game, nor did 1 v 2 play often in a bowl game.

The preplayoff tiger 'titles' would garner more respect if......they actually won some when the playoff system went into place. The fact that there was 212 titles before the playoffs and it stops stone cold when they playoff system begins opens the eyes to everyone except the Massillll0n jock sniffer.s

Did the browns actually win a final, championship game to be considered champs or did voters give them the title?

We are in the minority, and it doesnt get talked about much, but I concur withe the pre bcs titles as well.

As much crap that the BCS system received, it at least gave us a game with the supposed top two teams for a title. Kids today do not even understand the old bowl system and national titles where there wasnt a title game, nor did 1 v 2 play often in a bowl game.

The preplayoff tiger 'titles' would garner more respect if......they actually won some when the playoff system went into place. The fact that there was 212 titles before the playoffs and it stops stone cold when they playoff system begins opens the eyes to everyone except the Massillll0n jock sniffer.s

Even more reason to count the Browns titles that were, in fact, won in a championship game.

I agree with you but I really didn’t want this to turn into a Massillon bash fest. I’m by no means a Tiger fan but that isn’t the purpose of this thread

Not from Ohio but Andrew Whitworth won 2 National HS Championships at West Monroe High School (LA) in 1998 and 2000, a BCS National Championship at LSU in 2003, and a Super Bowl with the Los Angeles Rams in 2022. I think that was enough for him as he retired shortly after the Super Bowl.

True, but national titles back in the day were all voted on in college and still is in high school.

True, but national titles back in the day were all voted on in college and still is in high school.
That's my point, some people like to rag on the poll titles from back in the day....and that's fine, but wouldn't determining a national title be a little more difficult than determining a state title? That's all I'm saying.

Something I told my friend Mike Fox (Akron North)

Never played State championship, but played in City championship and lost, played for National championship in college (West Virginia-Fiesta Bowl)) and lost, Then played in Super Bowl (New York Giants 1991) and won. I guess I would be happy for that results also lol