MVL 2023-24

Tippisgreat2.0 is one of the funniest cats on this thread. But they got the win vs Troy and I do suspect they will run the table now in the MVL. But that's not really saying much when you look at the league as a whole. Won't be very many of us if any will be playing football in week 13.
Like I said Tipp is not elite but in the MVL this year I’d consider them the best. (I know that’s not saying much) Likely not going to be a deep run like last year but Burgbacher and co. will get everything and then some of of these young men.

Tipp had 5 red zone possessions and threw 4 picks. If anything Tipp could have won this game by multiple touchdowns. Tipp outgained Troy by a fairly large amount as well. Anyone who watched that game would be lying to themselves if they said that Tipp wasn’t clearly the better team. It is just amusing that once again most people were on the Troy train and gave Tipp City very little chance in this game. Troy’s seniors have never beaten Tipp City. That has got to sting a little bit. Tipp has also now clean sweeped both Piqua and Troy in freshman, JV and Varsity. Also, looking at Troy’s roster, they will be loosing so much after this year. I wouldn’t be surprised if Tipp wins the next 2/3 against Troy

Tipp had 5 red zone possessions and threw 4 picks. If anything Tipp could have won this game by multiple touchdowns. Tipp outgained Troy by a fairly large amount as well. Anyone who watched that game would be lying to themselves if they said that Tipp wasn’t clearly the better team. It is just amusing that once again most people were on the Troy train and gave Tipp City very little chance in this game. Troy’s seniors have never beaten Tipp City. That has got to sting a little bit. Tipp has also now clean sweeped both Piqua and Troy in freshman, JV and Varsity. Also, looking at Troy’s roster, they will be loosing so much after this year. I wouldn’t be surprised if Tipp wins the next 2/3 against Troy
Trojans are loaded with quality sophomores. Look again bozo!!!

I think everyone agrees Butler is better this season than last. I guess I’m not clear on Xenia. Part of me still thinks it’s the team that went 10-0 last season. I haven’t seen enough of them to get a good gage to see if they’re a great team or a decent team. Last night’s score would indicate they’re not quite as strong as last season. Also, Sidney is playing well recently. They could make some noise down the stretch as well.
SLM outlined in the post about yours while they won't. They're coming along, but they're still a year or two away from really making a run.

I was not impressed with Xenia in comparison to last year. They are good, but not great. Butler's D impressed me vs. Troy, and their O appears to be coming along.

I didn't go to WC last night, but saw Spradling got hurt and will be out a while. Don't know how long. But Jackets should still not have many problems with Greenville.

Insider info: I heard tip is taking up a collection to pay off the refs vs Butler.
seriously true story! sad when they admit it. Must have spent too much against Troy? I agree tips gonna need major help or find a new qb to limit the INTs Hard for the refs to help with bad throws/poor decisions. maybe Troys pass defense was too much for tip? Even with the refs help Butler will be way too much for tip. I’m calling it now like I called Butler over Xenia. Rest Easy MVL, Butler will roll through tip this week. BELIEVE THAT! Buckle up horns going DOWN!

Insider info: I heard tip is taking up a collection to pay off the refs vs Butler.
seriously true story! sad when they admit it. Must have spent too much against Troy? I agree tips gonna need major help or find a new qb to limit the INTs Hard for the refs to help with bad throws/poor decisions. maybe Troys pass defense was too much for tip? Even with the refs help Butler will be way too much for tip. I’m calling it now like I called Butler over Xenia. Rest Easy MVL, Butler will roll through tip this week. BELIEVE THAT! Buckle up horns going DOWN!
Insider info LOL. Get out of here clown. You clearly didn't watch the game on friday. Troy false starting 6 times isn't anyone paying off the refs. Blatant holdings and blocks in the back are easy calls for officials. There were a few times Troy had pass interference but they were no-calls. Don't forget the constant shoving and hitting after the plays by Troy- very few of which were called. Tell your coach to have a more disciplined team clown.

You are obviously posting tongue in cheek but let me just say this. Troy is a good team and couldn’t beat Tipp so to think for a second that Butler who lost to Troy can somehow beat Tipp is flawed logic. Tipp has NEVER lost to Butler under Burgbacher. Let that sink in. I’ll go a step further and say that Tipp will NEVER lose to Butler as long as coach is there. I’ll give a breakdown of how Tipp will beat Butler later this week right now it’s time to be with my grandkids.

7th and 8th grade both beat Tipp
Amazing! Congratulations, once again, I wouldn’t be surprised if Troy doesn’t beat Tipp the next 2/3 years, those middle schoolers won’t make an impact for another 3 years. Once Tipp’s middle schoolers get to Burgbacher it’ll be a different story. Troy will be looking for a new coach in the next year or two anyway

Very proud of my grandson who helped Butler defeat Xenia. He scored the winning TD for the Aviators. This is a decent team that they have. Big game this week at Butler vs Tipp.

SLM outlined in the post about yours while they won't. They're coming along, but they're still a year or two away from really making a run.

I was not impressed with Xenia in comparison to last year. They are good, but not great. Butler's D impressed me vs. Troy, and their O appears to be coming along.

I didn't go to WC last night, but saw Spradling got hurt and will be out a while. Don't know how long. But Jackets should still not have many problems with Greenville.
Sidney's best chance was this year to be competitive. Spradling will be QB next year because we have no QB coming up. Next year might be ok but from what I see coming out of the Freshman and Sophomore class is not good. JV in my opinion is not good at all.

Spradling out is real bad on offense, unless we find a RB that can read and hit the holes faster. The oline isn't great but are opening holes that the RB's aren't seeing or are to slow to make a 5 to 6 yard gain a 20 to 30 yard gain. We can still be a good defense without him.

Ranking games this week by intrigue:

1 - Tipp @ Butler - obvious division implications, and this game shows every sign of being pretty competitive.
2 - Piqua @ Troy - Still "the" rivalry game. Just how bad is Piqua this year?
3 - Xenia @ Fairborn - Should be a Xenia win, but they haven't been overly impressive so far in conference games
4&5 (tie) - WC @ Stebbins and Greenville @ Sidney - both easy wins for the home teams. Stebbins looks improved from last year and Sidney will set up a big game next week @ Tipp

WC needs to go to the DPS league. Think this will give them the best opportunity to be successful and then let someone else in. Who that would be is a good question.

Guess we will find out how much Butler has improved this week. This has to be a fun atmosphere when the game is competitive again!

Does Xenia bounce back? Think they will be out to prove to everyone that they are still in it to win a league title in the remained of the games they have left.

Piqua has seemed to fall off after last year. Hopefully, they right the ship and get back on track. However, I do not see that happening this week.

WC needs to go to the DPS league. Think this will give them the best opportunity to be successful and then let someone else in. Who that would be is a good question.

Guess we will find out how much Butler has improved this week. This has to be a fun atmosphere when the game is competitive again!

Does Xenia bounce back? Think they will be out to prove to everyone that they are still in it to win a league title in the remained of the games they have left.

Piqua has seemed to fall off after last year. Hopefully, they right the ship and get back on track. However, I do not see that happening this week.
I don’t see WC joining up with the Dayton Public Schools anytime soon. Plus, the league isn’t exactly a gauntlet this year. I would argue it’s a down year for the league overall.

I don’t see WC joining up with the Dayton Public Schools anytime soon. Plus, the league isn’t exactly a gauntlet this year. I would argue it’s a down year for the league overall.
Does the 9 game league schedule hurt the MVL?

You are obviously posting tongue in cheek but let me just say this. Troy is a good team and couldn’t beat Tipp so to think for a second that Butler who lost to Troy can somehow beat Tipp is flawed logic. Tipp has NEVER lost to Butler under Burgbacher. Let that sink in. I’ll go a step further and say that Tipp will NEVER lose to Butler as long as coach is there. I’ll give a breakdown of how Tipp will beat Butler later this week right now it’s time to be with my grandkids.
Still waiting on your breakdown Ridin?!?!?

Tonight's game should be competitive between the Aviators and Red Devils. Does Butler have enough to beat them? Not too sure. Seemed like against Xenia they were pretty banged up. Happy to see them competitive again.

Still waiting on your breakdown Ridin?!?!?
I’ve been a bit under the weather this week but feeling fit as a fiddle for game night! Burgbacher and his staff are the best around and they do a meticulous job of breaking down their opponents each week and exposing every weakness and vulnerability on game night. Butler is improved this year no doubt. But there are still glaring issues particularly with their offense. Butler hasn’t seen a team with the speed and strength of Tipp’s defense and they will be in the backfield wreaking havoc in under 3 seconds. Siebert will be pressed to get rid of the ball quickly and assuming the backs or receivers can make the catch the linebackers will gobble them up for 2-3 yard gains.The Tipp offense has a speed, strength and skill advantage here as well and will eat against the Butler secondary. I do think we will be able to get the edge and break some good runs there but I will concede that Butler has done a nice job keeping stingy in the middle versus the run. The little bit of film that I have seen shows a Butler secondary that will give up the big play and we will air it out tonight. I think Butler can keep it close for a quarter or two but the experience and overall skill of Tipp will be too much. I think it will be the closest game they have played against us in many years but not exactly a must see tv matchup. Red Devils slam the door in the second half and win 38-17. Horns Up! Again we have outscored them 164-24 over the last few games and those stats don’t lie.

Butler has put up more than 250 yards on offense exactly one time this year. That’s not a recipe for success, especially against a Tipp defense that is this good. It’ll be a low scoring game, but Tipp just seems to know how to win

Butler has put up more than 250 yards on offense exactly one time this year. That’s not a recipe for success, especially against a Tipp defense that is this good. It’ll be a low scoring game, but Tipp just seems to know how to win
Bingo! I said 17 but that’s probably too many points to be honest.

Sidney 28
Greenville 7

Halftime

Sidney gave up an 80 yard TD run up the middle with seconds left before half. Must've checked out early.