MVL 2022

The Tipp-Troy game was not the best version of football I've seen. Troy had Tipp's run game completely stuffed, but Tipp insisted on doing it anyways. Meanwhile Troy put together a few drives, but they were killed by turnovers and penalties. With how Tipp played the field position battle in the 2nd half, Troy really never mounted any threat. Tipp is going to need to be a lot better next week if they're gonna have a shot to beat Piqua.

The Tipp-Troy game was not the best version of football I've seen. Troy had Tipp's run game completely stuffed, but Tipp insisted on doing it anyways. Meanwhile Troy put together a few drives, but they were killed by turnovers and penalties. With how Tipp played the field position battle in the 2nd half, Troy really never mounted any threat. Tipp is going to need to be a lot better next week if they're gonna have a shot to beat Piqua.
Kudos to the Tipp punter for pinning Troy inside the 10 several times. A very boring 2nd half.

Not the game I was expecting to see especially in the 2nd half. Very sloppy from both teams. Tipp had their work cut out for them next week. But after seeing the Xenia score gotta wonder if both Tipp and Xenia didn’t come to play tonight.

Brock Short of Greenville needs about 280 rushing yards to break the school single season record. I'll be shocked if he gets it this week, but barring injury, he should blow past it before season's end.
Any idea how many yards Brock ran for against Piqua?

Not the game I was expecting to see especially in the 2nd half. Very sloppy from both teams. Tipp had their work cut out for them next week. But after seeing the Xenia score gotta wonder if both Tipp and Xenia didn’t come to play tonight.
Looking at the box score of the Xenia game tells you all you need to know about that one
iCpb5DI.png

Xenia absolutely handled Butler, just turned the ball over, including a 60 yard fumble return for TD for Butler. A lot of bad luck, but they still ended up winning by 2 scores.

Tipp was moreso very even with Troy and had what appeared to be an off game.

Looking at the box score of the Xenia game tells you all you need to know about that one
iCpb5DI.png

Xenia absolutely handled Butler, just turned the ball over, including a 60 yard fumble return for TD for Butler. A lot of bad luck, but they still ended up winning by 2 scores.

Tipp was moreso very even with Troy and had what appeared to be an off game.
It wasnt bad luck Butler hit him stripped the ball and ran it back. The interception for a TD was a great play. Great teams dont turn it over 5 times.

It wasnt bad luck Butler hit him stripped the ball and ran it back. The interception for a TD was a great play. Great teams dont turn it over 5 times.
Butler also had a pick six called back due to a block in the back, and ended up not scoring that drive. Butler kids played very well and never gave up. Xenia had just too many athletes and the running backs are very good.

WW will definitely get a windfall of points added to their total provided they take care of business and beat Milford this week. Should be enough to put them in the driver seat as Xenia has a weak schedule the last 3 games which won't net them much in terms of level 1 points the rest of the way.

It would benefit Xenia to fall to #2 and Edgewood to hold at #3 to avoid Winton Woods and Kings as long as possible in the playoffs. Not saying they are better than Edgewood, Anderson, or any other team they could play in the first three rounds; however, those teams are a better option than playing either Winton Woods or Kings. I see Kings finishing either #4 or #5.

WW will definitely get a windfall of points added to their total provided they take care of business and beat Milford this week. Should be enough to put them in the driver seat as Xenia has a weak schedule the last 3 games which won't net them much in terms of level 1 points the rest of the way.
They will only be separated by 3.0 Level 1 points (0.3 rating in the calculations). Winton Woods will have about 45-50 more Level 2 points (4.5 to 5.0 in the ratings) and that will be the difference.

Xenia’s got a solid team, however, it seems like if they begin to make mistakes, it becomes difficult for them to get past that, and more mistakes follow. They nearly gave the game away to Tipp, and they let Butler hang around much closer than they should have. They may be able to get through it ok for the rest of the regular season, but if they run into a solid team in the playoffs, it may cost them a game.

It would benefit Xenia to fall to #2 and Edgewood to hold at #3 to avoid Winton Woods and Kings as long as possible in the playoffs. Not saying they are better than Edgewood, Anderson, or any other team they could play in the first three rounds; however, those teams are a better option than playing either Winton Woods or Kings. I see Kings finishing either #4 or #5.
Y'all acting like you don't want this Winton Woods smoke.

Xenia’s got a solid team, however, it seems like if they begin to make mistakes, it becomes difficult for them to get past that, and more mistakes follow. They nearly gave the game away to Tipp, and they let Butler hang around much closer than they should have. They may be able to get through it ok for the rest of the regular season, but if they run into a solid team in the playoffs, it may cost them a game.
We definitely gotta clean up on these stupid turnovers ever since Tipp game .. but i believe Coach Mo will get us focused.. XeniaBuccaneer4Life

They really don't. Not yet, at least. Xenia is vastly improved, but they still have a lot of work to do to be at that level. I'm rooting for them to get there.
When I see them throwing less then 10 times a game, that's a recipe for disaster against WW.

The Piqua-Tipp game is obviously the big game in the conference this week and will decide the Miami division.

I'd give Piqua the edge by something like a 28-10 score, along those lines.

One thing is Piqua hasn't had to play a full 4-quarter competitive game yet this season, as they either had a running clock and won easily, or the 28-0 loss to Xenia. Tipp has had to battle till the end for a few of their wins, and then there was obviously the loss to Xenia that came down to the end. Not that it'll likely matter in the least, just something interesting to note.

Looking forward to what should be a competitive game tomorrow! It'll be available on TKDS for a live stream if anyone cares.

I'm going to roll back my thoughts on Piqua running clocking them, because I think Piqua's OC is the biggest X factor here. After watching the Xenia and Troy game the fact that both of them were bigger and stronger and was able to just run right at them and chunk yardage was obvious. Xenia got themselves into a spot by turning the ball over and Troy just couldn't play defense and got themselves into trouble. Piqua is bigger and stronger and should just run it down their throat until they choke, but I don't think the OC will do that and I think that will hurt them. On defense is where Piqua will struggle a bit early, which will allow them to score some points. They are quick and shifty enough to create some bad angles and the WR #17 (I think) will be taller than anyone Piqua has to defend him. But after a while Nees will dial the defense in and get some stops it's just a matter of how much momentum they can gain early.

I think I agree with BoomerSooner on the score, 28-10 or 35-17 is what I'm thinking.

I am thinking 24-21 Piqua but I can definitely see Tipp wining as well. Could be one of those games that whoever has the ball last will win. Might not be a pretty game but it'll be a good one!