MVL 2022

yeah, it's harder when you aren't taking the best player off of other teams.

" a state champion head coach who knows how to build and sustain a successful program."
We all know what his method is for all that building and sustaining. Another "ing" word.
Always the excuse, words of someone that's not accustomed to winning "it's always someone else's fault", that's ok because you guys can't keep a coach and one the bigger D2 schools around if not the biggest however Dues wins in baseball for decades with the same kids, maybe Dues doesn't like his players around an inconsistent program with a losing mindset IDK just a thought you tell me? I'm sure you know better than I...?

No one cares about Butler Football. Sorry, that's the facts. So, Lebron James should have continued playing football his senior year even though he wanted to play in the NBA the following year??

Why are you blaming a successful baseball coach who let's ALL his players play multiple sports for the football shortcomings? Makes no sense!

Are you talking about Q Hall? First love: baseball. Second love: basketball. He's from a basketball family. And according to you, he's supposed to play football (on a bad team) too? Kid was a grinder dealing with bad wheels his entire senior year!

Do you follow any Butler Girls sports? Is that travesty Dues fault, too?

Next time I ref one of their games, I'll ask each kid why they aren't playing football for you.
Talk to the last 4 football coaches. Talk to them. I have.

Always the excuse, words of someone that's not accustomed to winning "it's always someone else's fault", that's ok because you guys can't keep a coach and one the bigger D2 schools around if not the biggest however Dues wins in baseball for decades with the same kids, maybe Dues doesn't like his players around an inconsistent program with a losing mindset IDK just a thought you tell me? I'm sure you know better than I...?
Talk to the last 4 football coaches.

I am hearing really good things about what cates is doing at Vandalia. Will take some time, but something good is brewing. It will take time. Can he control the crazy parents. YES

Cates is doing fantastic job. Cates be the first to tell you the parents are not a problem. Cates is very open to tell what they problem is. He took over a complete mess. Parents had nothing to do with that mess. But some will get on Yappi and tell you different when they have no clue.

Amazing how some people just get on here to trash one school. Girls soccer, football, basketball. Makes you wonder what the agenda is.

Heard Steve Channell is gonna be Troys OC and they are committing to running the old school wing-t. Don’t know how that will be received by the community but I tell ya if they stick with it for at least 3 years Troy is gonna be more dangerous than at other anytime this century

Heard Steve Channell is gonna be Troys OC and they are committing to running the old school wing-t. Don’t know how that will be received by the community but I tell ya if they stick with it for at least 3 years Troy is gonna be more dangerous than at other anytime this century
Beavercreek tried this idea and failed miserably

Yet you spread lies! Go figure, eh?

Tell everyone why your softball coach was removed with one week left in the season.
What happened to the softball coach? I also heard the basketball coach stepped down? Butler has too good of facilties to be failing at sports. That gym is huge!

A huge difference compared in enrollment. Beavercreek has 959 boys compared to 522 for Troy. Creek has 898 girls while Troy has 486. And for 486 girls Troy has 102 of them out for track this spring. Football wise Troy is 49-24 since 2015 while Beavercreek is 22-49.

I don’t know about this century but some of us are welcoming a change and would love a wing t approach. It’s been proven to be very successful if operated correctly. Under Steve Nolan, Troy always had 1 to 2 1,000 yard Rushers and the Qb was more of a game manager. I am a bit concerned with it being an offense that can make a deep playoff run though at the D2 level. It will only get you so far. The deeper you get into the playoffs the more a team can expose you. Have to be able to have a backup plan. I hope they don’t make it a do or die approach

A huge difference compared in enrollment. Beavercreek has 959 boys compared to 522 for Troy. Creek has 898 girls while Troy has 486. And for 486 girls Troy has 102 of them out for track this spring. Football wise Troy is 49-24 since 2015 while Beavercreek is 22-49.
But same in mindset, mentality, demographics and results. I give you football but that's the only difference however I can say that Beavercreek is ahead on hiring minority head coaches even if it's just for the optics, it balances out your football and enrollment comparison.

So, I just want to see if I have this straight.
Enrollment differences and winning percentage differences are balanced out by hiring a head coach who is not white.

Troy's been around since 1852 but I'll just go off the past half century...they've never had a minority head coach. Don't you think it's about time? So yes, it balances out. Minorities have lived there forever and minorities are enrolled all over the school district, why hasn't there never been a minority head coach? Troy is diversified both have the same minority population but I would say Beavercreek is winning when it comes to hiring minorities to be in charge. Hire the best qualified but at least call them to the room.

They have had a boys gymnastics head coach who was black and currently have a black head coach for mens track and field. He is Deon Metz. Stan Simpson was the gymnastics coach. Richard Phillips (boys soccer), Jeremy Hughes (girls basketball)

Last edited:
I think zezzo is getting at the most visible coach has never been a minority. With head football coach being a figure head and sometimes more easily pointed out then the principal. Most minorities just want a change to get an interview at some of these more suburban schools and want a real change not just Defensive Coordinator.

Who is everyone playing week 1. Piqua plays Dayton Belmont at Welcome Stadium (assuming it's done) and I have zero interest in watching that game. So now we are looking for a game to go watch.

Troy's been around since 1852 but I'll just go off the past half century...they've never had a minority head coach. Don't you think it's about time? So yes, it balances out. Minorities have lived there forever and minorities are enrolled all over the school district, why hasn't there never been a minority head coach? Troy is diversified both have the same minority population but I would say Beavercreek is winning when it comes to hiring minorities to be in charge. Hire the best qualified but at least call them to the room.
Why is this even a topic of conversation? What does it matter the color of a man’s skin when it comes to coaching? I get tired of all of this racism talk. Minorities can mean quite a wide range of backgrounds. Who said Troy has never interviewed a “minority” candidate?

it’s really nice to see Stebbins starting to be competitive on a yearly basis. they were down for awhile. they obviously have talent in the school but it’s a tough place to make the most of it. i was skeptical of the Bonifay hire at first, but i’ll also be the first to admit he’s done a heck of a job in Riverside for what he’s been given

it’s really nice to see Stebbins starting to be competitive on a yearly basis. they were down for awhile. they obviously have talent in the school but it’s a tough place to make the most of it. i was skeptical of the Bonifay hire at first, but i’ll also be the first to admit he’s done a heck of a job in Riverside for what he’s been given
I always said that Stebbins had the talent to be a Wayne. They do lose quite a few to parochial schools and Wayne.

SWBL is doing the same thing. Maybe merge the SWBL and MVL. ??
I played against Greenville back in the day at MU. I really wish that series could rekindle. Greenville was always a very tough out for us. My sophomore year we finished 9-1 with the one loss being Greenville. It was a very close game. Magoteaux was so pissed over that game.

Last edited: