MVL 2022

RunTheTriple

Didn’t see a thread so figured I’d get one started. I feel like it will be a 3 way race for the top spot between Troy, Piqua and Tipp. I wouldn’t be surprised if Xenia made a little noise this year also.

My thoughts are Piqua in the Miami division and Sidney in the Valley division. I could be wrong but unless Xenia has some new players on the roster, from last year I thought they would be worse than last year. I think Stebbins is the same. They lost some good players and I didn't see in the program who would replace them.

The word is Sidney's best reciever wants to be QB. He was his sophomore year a few games for reserve then moved to varsity receiver. I was saying he needed to be QB last year but he wanted to be receiver as a junior. I think Sidney replaces 2 lineman on offense. Which 2 sophomores filled in nicely last year at the end of the year. They will miss 78 and the MVP outside linebacker, name is slipping my mind, on defense.

They will more than likely lose to Piqua, Troy and Tipp. I think they can win the rest. If and only if they open up the offense like they did at the end of the year last year.

Sidney returns some good players, may be the favorite in the Valley. I know Xenia has a lot back, but those lopsided losses to Stebbins and Sidney late in the season show they've got a lot of work. And they may make up that gap and win the Valley, because probably Sidney is only one that stands in their way, but I don't see them making up the gap to compete for the overall title. Piqua and Tipp thumped them, I'm sure Troy would have too. Hope new coach can get Fairborn competitive again. Stebbins was very senior-heavy, so I'm assuming they'll be in a rebuilding year? West Carrollton lost a lot and coach, so I don't see any difference coming from them.

I don't think there's any doubt Troy, Piqua and Tipp are the favorites in the Miami and for the overall title. I know Piqua lost a lot, but they have enough back (with Ouhl headling returnees) and have the program in place that I'm sure they won't drop off much. Troy has a lot back, and with that good new coach, I wouldn't be surprised if they're even better. Tipp lost a lot, but I don't think Butler and Greenville catch them. Butler I expect to be better in year two of Cates. Greenville has some good kids back, but I don't know if they do any better than 2-8 again.

The word is Sidney's best reciever wants to be QB. He was his sophomore year a few games for reserve then moved to varsity receiver. I was saying he needed to be QB last year but he wanted to be receiver as a junior. I think Sidney replaces 2 lineman on offense. Which 2 sophomores filled in nicely last year at the end of the year. They will miss 78 and the MVP outside linebacker, name is slipping my mind, on defense.

They will more than likely lose to Piqua, Troy and Tipp. I think they can win the rest. If and only if they open up the offense like they did at the end of the year last year.
Are you talking about Reynolds when referring to best WR? Well Spradling was the runner-up for starting QB last year. I'm assuming he's the QB for the next three years. They need someone who can run and scramble (like Gordon) back there.

I think you're thinking of Swiger and Taborn who they lose on defense.

Reynolds is a much better QB then Spradling. Spradling is a special talent but Reynolds arm is way better. After the St Marys scrimmage Spradling never played QB again. I do agree they need someone that can scramble around. I just think Reynolds will be the better option next year.

EJ Davis is who I was talking about. Swiger was the other. I think Taborn was slowed down by his knee last year.

My thoughts are Piqua in the Miami division and Sidney in the Valley division. I could be wrong but unless Xenia has some new players on the roster, from last year I thought they would be worse than last year. I think Stebbins is the same. They lost some good players and I didn't see in the program who would replace them.

With Xenia I was taking into consideration their starting qb was a freshman last year and did a solid job. Also leading RB Sanders is back along with Tremell Wright who's a stud both ways. I definitely think Sidney will be the favorite to win the Valley Division.

Sidney returns some good players, may be the favorite in the Valley. I know Xenia has a lot back, but those lopsided losses to Stebbins and Sidney late in the season show they've got a lot of work. And they may make up that gap and win the Valley, because probably Sidney is only one that stands in their way, but I don't see them making up the gap to compete for the overall title. Piqua and Tipp thumped them, I'm sure Troy would have too. Hope new coach can get Fairborn competitive again. Stebbins was very senior-heavy, so I'm assuming they'll be in a rebuilding year? West Carrollton lost a lot and coach, so I don't see any difference coming from them.

I don't think there's any doubt Troy, Piqua and Tipp are the favorites in the Miami and for the overall title. I know Piqua lost a lot, but they have enough back (with Ouhl headling returnees) and have the program in place that I'm sure they won't drop off much. Troy has a lot back, and with that good new coach, I wouldn't be surprised if they're even better. Tipp lost a lot, but I don't think Butler and Greenville catch them. Butler I expect to be better in year two of Cates. Greenville has some good kids back, but I don't know if they do any better than 2-8 again.
I agree, it would be nice if Fairborn became relevant again. Cox will give them some structure. Honestly I can see West Carrollton being better, you can only go up from 0-9. Both of the teams should improve with the recent hires. Stebbins losing guys like Keller and Holloway will hurt for sure, I agree on the rebuild comment.

Reynolds is a much better QB then Spradling. Spradling is a special talent but Reynolds arm is way better. After the St Marys scrimmage Spradling never played QB again. I do agree they need someone that can scramble around. I just think Reynolds will be the better option next year.

EJ Davis is who I was talking about. Swiger was the other. I think Taborn was slowed down by his knee last year.
Spradling played QB a couple of series in their last scrimmage down against CJ, that's when I saw him play QB.

IMO they don't need a third one-year QB. It's time to develop a QB over multiple years again.

Spradling played QB a couple of series in their last scrimmage down against CJ, that's when I saw him play QB.

IMO they don't need a third one-year QB. It's time to develop a QB over multiple years again.
You are correct about the scrimmage. I like the kid but he needs alot of work at QB. I can also understand your opinion on the third one year QB. We shall see.

Butler lost some talent from the senior class. Did not catch to much of the JV's games last year but I expect them to improve with Cates having a full off season there now. Butler's biggest issue for years has been continuity with the staff and according to my son, every coach is returning from last year and they have many new players coming out from other sports. Take it for what it is worth but I heard close to 110 kids freshman through senior.

Butler lost some talent from the senior class. Did not catch to much of the JV's games last year but I expect them to improve with Cates having a full off season there now. Butler's biggest issue for years has been continuity with the staff and according to my son, every coach is returning from last year and they have many new players coming out from other sports. Take it for what it is worth but I heard close to 110 kids freshman through senior.
Wow that is great news!! Great job vb football staff.

Wow that is great news!! Great job vb football staff.
Hopefully that leads to an improvement on the field. I personally did not think they were horrible last year. Defense looked good and offense had their moments. Just hope Butler becomes relevant in this league as they use to be in the GWOC.

Hopefully that leads to an improvement on the field. I personally did not think they were horrible last year. Defense looked good and offense had their moments. Just hope Butler becomes relevant in this league as they use to be in the GWOC.
Confused Hanna Barbera GIF by Warner Archive
When was Butler relevant in the GWOC?

Confused Hanna Barbera GIF by Warner Archive
When was Butler relevant in the GWOC?
yeah, it's harder when you aren't taking the best player off of other teams.

" a state champion head coach who knows how to build and sustain a successful program."
We all know what his method is for all that building and sustaining. Another "ing" word.

That was there state run but they were competitive till 2007. Regardless, Butler needs to be relevant in football to help this conference.
I agree on the relevance but I think they should in basketball as well. The school is too big and too nice facilities for them not to be especially in conference. The same could be said for Miamisburg, Springboro, Northmont, and Beavercreek, these schools are all the same demographically, enrollment wise, facilities and communities starving to support winning programs but selfish agendas kill them.

I agree on the relevance but I think they should in basketball as well. The school is too big and too nice facilities for them not to be especially in conference. The same could be said for Miamisburg, Springboro, Northmont, and Beavercreek, these schools are all the same demographically, enrollment wise, facilities and communities starving to support winning programs but selfish agendas kill them.
I completly agree with you. Baseball is thriving currently at Butler. Football needs to become relevant along with basketball. I remeber when the town use to pack the stands on Friday nights. I think it will take one good season to get the town talking again. Maybe an upset week at Northmont could help?

You guys dont know how much previous two coaches destroyed the culture. None of the baseball players will play football. Need to get the athletes back out for the team. Numbers are around 100 but no great athletes.

Seniors had 3 head coaches in 4 years. Ask Cates about what they said.

With Xenia I was taking into consideration their starting qb was a freshman last year and did a solid job. Also leading RB Sanders is back along with Tremell Wright who's a stud both ways. I definitely think Sidney will be the favorite to win the Valley Division.
Xenia also got another rb back from Springfield had over 500 yards and 7tds last year

Ever hear of Austin Flohre, Luke Mitchell, Mike Masters, etc.?

Xenia FB coach is a class act. He will do good things there.
Yep heard of them. The majority of the baseball players dont play football. This is well known. Dont you think Clark and Hall could have been starters in football? Why didnt Damon Dues play? Kid was a stud football player growing up?

Butler coaches dont like Xenia coach at all.

Because Damon Dues wanted to be a professional baseball player!

Sam Mitchell. Carson Bennet. Caydon Borders. Mitchell Thomas. All these baseball players play football!

Butler coaches don't like him because they are jealous!
Cant play professional baseball and also play football?

You didnt answer about Clark and Hall. Maybe you missed it.

Listened to the 937 Podcast this morning discussing the MVL combine. It sounds like Piqua has a chance to be the best team in the league again in 2022. He also seemed really high on Xenia and Stebbins. Also mentioned West Carrollton could be better in the future. Apparently Troy did not participate in the combine.