MVAC 2021

The Salem News article someone posted in here said that too.
I don’t see how the state doesn’t chalk this up as a forfeit. Yes Crestview is willingly sitting a couple of players but still have more than enough to field a team. What would they do if those kids were out all year? Cancel the season? So if my favorite team has the quarterback go down week nine and a rival week 10 we can say “well our qb is out we need to cancel” that’s ridiculous

I don’t see how the state doesn’t chalk this up as a forfeit. Yes Crestview is willingly sitting a couple of players but still have more than enough to field a team. What would they do if those kids were out all year? Cancel the season? So if my favorite team has the quarterback go down week nine and a rival week 10 we can say “well our qb is out we need to cancel” that’s ridiculous
Couldn't agree more..... a shame really.

I 100% agree with you. I love how they’re complaining about low numbers. Look at how many kids D7 schools play with on a weekly basis. At first, I thought Crestview canceled for legitimate reasons. I don’t buy it now.

100% should be a forfeit. If you start the season then cancel any game for any reason other than covid it should be a forfeit and there should be a penalty too. The ohsaa needs to step up here. What keeps teams from dropping the tougher games on the schedule to assure that they get in the playoffs? "20-some" players is enough to okay the game.

100% should be a forfeit. If you start the season then cancel any game for any reason other than covid it should be a forfeit and there should be a penalty too. The ohsaa needs to step up here. What keeps teams from dropping the tougher games on the schedule to assure that they get in the playoffs? "20-some" players is enough to okay the game.
this would be the perfect instance where the OHSAA can set a precedent where cancelling due to non-Covid issues results in a forfeit. It needs to be done, especially if you’re canceling with only 2 days notice, and then say you’ll be fine for next week.

Last edited:
this would be the perfect instance where the OHSAA can set a precedent for cancelling due to non-Covid issues results in a forfeit. It needs to be done, especially if you’re canceling with only 2 days notice, and then say you’ll be fine for next week.
Yep. There are teams out there picking snd choosing who they are playing week to week. Blaming low numbers is a convenient excuse.

If the vaping is the reason then I 100% agree it should be a forfeit. If this is true I’m sorry I defended the program, it won’t happen again!

This is getting a bit ridiculous....not enough healthy players with 20 something? what exactly is 20-something? 29? 27? 23? G-men were out for revenge from last year's play-offs and the Rebels didn't want any of it!
Seriously WR played a game with 22 guys this year, that’s dumb

I think Lowellville had 19-20 against you guys. It’s obvious there’s more to the Crestview situation, but they’re keeping it under wraps.
Exactly and they still played. This is the healthiest WR has been all season. Not sure it’s enough to take down the Tigers, but hoping it’s a game for at least a half like last year. Also going to continue to publicly say. Western Reserve and McDonald not being made up is insane. If coaches trying to protect their record or fearful of losing is the reason why…then shame on all involved. Why take that game away from the kids? This is what happens when you let non football people make decisions.

Being the only C-View poster on Yappi, I'm sorry that I can't provide any insider info on the situation as I just became aware of this while browsing Yappi. I have no contacts in "the know" and my kids are too young, so I can't ask them what's going on. If there are kids sitting out due to vaping or otherwise breaking school rules, then it is a very unfortunate situation. If the remaining number of available players is less than 20 and those 20 are freshman/JV players, I agree that a forfeit is the correct thing to due. I can't comment on OHSAA rules in situations like that as I just don't know what the rules are. My first impression is that Cusick is protecting those young kids from possible injury who would be forced into the game due to the suspensions. Also, Garfield is having a great season. I would hate to see one of their starters get injured because the younger players don't know the proper way to tackle or block. That does happen in those situations. Sorry that I can't be more helpful with info.

Last edited:
The Crestview situation is just the tip of the iceberg, there will be multiple teams the next few weeks mysteriously not playing so that they can protect playoff seeding. The OHSAA dropped the ball big time with this one

The Crestview situation is just the tip of the iceberg, there will be multiple teams the next few weeks mysteriously not playing so that they can protect playoff seeding. The OHSAA dropped the ball big time with this one
They did create a heck of a loophole! Unless they are willing to evaluate this on a case by case basis and demand test results AND be willing to declare a game a forfeit then they dropped the ball again.

Exactly and they still played. This is the healthiest WR has been all season. Not sure it’s enough to take down the Tigers, but hoping it’s a game for at least a half like last year. Also going to continue to publicly say. Western Reserve and McDonald not being made up is insane. If coaches trying to protect their record or fearful of losing is the reason why…then shame on all involved. Why take that game away from the kids? This is what happens when you let non football people make decisions.
You can’t be THAT surprised that the McDonald-WR game is not going to be made up. Why should the league switch around schedules to accommodate one game? Maybe both schools just should forgo the postseason and play each other? I think WR would beat McDonald pretty handily.

You can’t be THAT surprised that the McDonald-WR game is not going to be made up. Why should the league switch around schedules to accommodate one game? Maybe both schools just should forgo the postseason and play each other? I think WR would beat McDonald pretty handily.
It’s not one game though. You’re going to have multiple league teams looking for a game.
WR McDonald have not played
JM Ridge have not played
Sebring Lowellville have not played
It can be done…

It’s not one game though. You’re going to have multiple league teams looking for a game.
WR McDonald have not played
JM Ridge have not played
Sebring Lowellville have not played
It can be done…
But to play those games you’d need to cancel other league games in week 10. The only MVAC schools that will be looking for games week 10 are WR and Lowellville. McDonald will play Milton, Ridge will play Waterloo, and Sebring will play Springfield. All of this is assuming no other games are canceled, if other games are canceled things could get moved around

But to play those games you’d need to cancel other league games in week 10. The only MVAC schools that will be looking for games week 10 are WR and Lowellville. McDonald will play Milton, Ridge will play Waterloo, and Sebring will play Springfield. All of this is assuming no other games are canceled, if other games are canceled things could get moved around
I highly doubt lowellville plays week 10.

I can’t believe Crestview dodged a beat down because of 20 something players being available….. Crestview has dominated teams with no remorse with 20 something players in the past….. Unbelievable honestly…. They can sure dish it out but when they are put in the other end of situation they cancel. Total BS in my opinion.