Mslca- No Respect!

R4LAXFAN

Unbelievable! MSLCA brackets were posted today and Moeller was snubbed for Worthington Kilbourne in A bracket.

The ONLY rationale for that would have to be the head to head loss early in Moeller's season this year OR the dominance of Columbus influence in midwest lacrosse. Since that loss (Moe's first game of the season) the Crusader's went 12-2 before dropping their final game 13-16 against WRA.

Kilbourne didn't play WRA or Bro Rice and got humbled 11-3 vs. UA this year. They also barely got by St. Ignatius 13-12 who Moe demolished 14-2. Kilbourne also was bested by St. X who Moe handled as well.

Moeller should dominate the B-bracket which will be a nice perk but clearly the MSLCA needs to wake up and share the wealth. Let's just hope they don't fly all the refs out to Michigan from Columbus to help the "home" teams.

Unbelievable! MSLCA brackets were posted today and Moeller was snubbed for Worthington Kilbourne in A bracket.

no..........very believable actually. moeller lost to kilbourne. plain and simple. head to head counts and moe lost. end of story.

This is complete bull, to say the least. Moeller deserves that A bracket in my opinion...16-13 loss to WRA...seriously.

I guess all I can say that I hope that Moeller makes the best with what they were given, and wipe the B bracket clean with more-than-solid wins!

if you look at the votes, you can see that the schools that snubbed Moe were St. Iggy's, Franklin Regional, Sewickely, and Shady Side. Why? I have no idea.

the schools that snubbed Moe were St. Iggy's, Franklin Regional, Sewickely, and Shady Side. Why? I have no idea.

Has to be name recognition and the head to head result between Moe and WK. Franklin, Sewickely and Shady Side barely played any Colubus teams so their tilt toward Mt. Lebo makes sense. How St. Iggy could overlook the spanking they received is still beyond me- never mind the head to head result!:shrug:

Supposedly it was pretty obvious to coaches that moeller was playing better than kilbourne at this point in the season and was an A bracket talent, however it was hard to ignore the numbers. Kilbourne was 6-1 in the midwest and won the head to head battle while moe was 4-3. Moe did get snubbed by a couple of teams but i think if moe would have gotten in the A bracket, Kilbourne would have had a pretty strong case. Just sucks that moeller's first game of the season came back and bit them in the end.

all this whinning makes me feel like you gys are a bunch of soccer players!

Go play the darn game and shut up about it.

If you knew anything you'd also be frustrated with this lack of respect. But, you continue to show your ignorance on your short time on this board, so please, continue.

Ok no disrespect SportsDad but before you go criticizing anybody on this thread, have more than 5 posts and get above the freshman level because you obviously don't know how things are done on Yappi. Also judging by the content of your 5 posts, you need to get some knowledge on the game and this season before you voice your opinions. Thank you.

X has been requesting to be in the midwest scholastic for years, iggy's almost dropped out a few years ago and x would have been the team to fill the void but iggy's decided to stay in. X will be the team to fill a vacated spot or one of the first admitted if the league expands to 18

well in that case i guess ur right... NOT

How about be cause X is the oldest program in the city and one of the best pretty much every year and has 150 kids playing lacrosse in high school, that's 10% of their enrollment, how many D-1 Ohio schools can say that?

How about be cause X is the oldest program in the city and one of the best pretty much every year and has 150 kids playing lacrosse in high school, that's 10% of their enrollment, how many D-1 Ohio schools can say that?

Ih has been playing as long as x I belive the have 60 kids playing with a school of 400 or so boys if that many. the also were the first team in cincy to have a team back in the late 70's early 80's

You are misinformed my friend. Moeller is the oldest program in the city. Moeller was winning state championships in the early 90's before X even knew what lacrosse was.

Last edited:
You are misinformed my friend. Moeller is the oldest program in the city. Moeller was winning state championships in the early 90's before X even knew what lacrosse was.

Moe is the longest program presently, however IH had Lax back in the 70 -80's era then they dropped it that is all i am saying. The longest continious program is Big Moe but they were not the first

I just didn't say what I meant clearly enough. The question was, why should St. Xavier be considered to join Moeller in the Midwest league. And I was saying ASIDE FROM MOELLER (since Moeller is not a candidate to join Moeller in the Midwest league) St. X is the oldest.

Sometimes context gets lost in these threaded discussions. :thumb:

UA had a pretty convincing win over Brother Rice in their backyard for the MSLCA tournament. TW is making at least a decent showing by beating Detroit Jesuit, even if DJ isn't that good.

Upper Arlington 10, Bloomfield Hills (Mich.) Brother Rice 3
UPPER ARLINGTON -- Goals: Drake 4, Hanover 2, Devilbiss, Donahue, Smith, Tanner.Saves: Hall 18.
BROTHER RICE -- Goals: Shea, Advendt, Henneghan. Saves: Yost 12.
Halftime: Upper Arlington, 3-0. Records: UA 15-1; BHBR 17-1.

Thomas Worthington 10, Detroit Jesuit 8
THOMAS WORTHINGTON -- Goals: Tarr 4, Cleveland 2, Killian 2, Gifford 2. Saves: Baker 16.
JESUIT -- Goals: Degenhardt 3, A.Van Tiem 2, T.Van Tiem, Reese, Bruder. Saves: Ostrowski 9.
Halftime: Thomas Worthington, 6-4. Records: TW 9-8; DJ 4-12.

http://www.dispatch.com/dispatch/co...07/05/20/high20_ART_05-20-07_C10_L46P7P0.html