Mr football

If just regular season probably kid from medina, but both he and the kid from NMS well not good in their last games at all!
They also might not have had the same cast of players around them, their opponents have. Particularly in the case of Medina. My thoughts are still on the UA RB, I think similar thoughts may be about the Medina QB. There were no indispensable players for St. Ed, next man up. They're that balanced. Similarly schools like Hoban.

We have this discussion every year and every year someone poses the question, "what's the definition on the trophy?" or similar. What is it? Most athletic? Most next level potential? Best offers? Most indispensable (presuming a high winning team)? I guess every voter gets to bring their own definition.

This thread one of the seasonal traditions, soon to be followed by the congrats to the winner thread filled with outrage and complaints that no one in SE Ohio ever wins.

I'd miss them if they didn't happen. :D
no one from Moeller ever won?

The Heisman doesn’t always go to a college player projected to be drafted in the top 10. Not sure why Mr. Football should have an analogous requirement?

Maybe not top 10 but I would say 1st day draft pick and from a winning team after successful season (conf. champed, ranked) would be comparable prerequisites.

Would you argue that an undersized QB/RB from a MAC school with the best stats in the country should be considered for the Heisman? Maybe he should but like I said earlier we'd be here all day.

Brungard of Springfield will be in the conversation. Probably won't win being D6 but he's worthy.
He seems like decent kid, but is going to YSU. If that is only offer that is not much, not even D1 material so very doubtful, hes kinda a big fish in small pond

THere's a solid chance now the majority of champs will be from the West Central and South West Ohio. Even more reason to have a Mr. Football from Cuyahoga regions. Always good sport to watch heads explode on Yappi.

Allar by a landslide
There are no guarantees, but we agree with you. Allar seemed to us to be a prohibitive favorite even before the season began. There are levels of Mr. Football, with the occasional once a decade or two winner like Robert Smith or Charles Woodson that seem head and shoulders above all other worthy contenders. Allar is one of those kinds of guys. Call it hype, perception, whatever. We've even heard really respected coaches and scouts compare him to Josh Allen. Who knows what he'll live up to being or not at Penn State or beyond. But when crazy stuff like that is being said, it's yours to lose. We'll all know shortly.

when it became inconvenient for the narrative?

I'm sure he meant FCS. YSU's conference usually has a few solid P5 games a year. Nothing to sneeze at.
YSU's conference (MVFC) is by far the best FCS conference- just look at what NDSU has done against FBS opponents or that Missouri State almost beat Oklahoma State this year. The MVFC is just as good if not better than a lot of the lower level FBS leagues

This thread one of the seasonal traditions, soon to be followed by the congrats to the winner thread filled with outrage and complaints that no one in SE Ohio ever wins.

I'd miss them if they didn't happen. :D
For someone from SEO to win it it just takes Heisman, National Champ, and #1 draft pick to win it. Basically the greatest athlete since Lebron James. For NEO an average D2 college athlete can win it