Mr football

catscatscats

Who are all the nominees or people you think that should win. I know most are going say Allar or Gabe Powers? I’m a bit of a homer and would love to see a kid like Tesean Smoot from Springfield win it this year stats
2,657 passing yards 20 touchdowns to go with another 960 rushing and 22 touchdowns

Didn't UA have losing seasons the last two years? This year they were within a score of favorite St Ed? I kind of like that RB at UA. I only saw him early in the season, I'm presuming he continued to do what I saw.

Id bet on Allar. It'd be cool to see Novak from western brown get some votes. Just being from my area. Statistically speaking his season was bonkers.

Green's Trey Martin had 90 receptions for 1432 yards and 19 receiving TD, as well as 4 rushing TD, a defensive TD, a punt return TD and 4 interceptions on defense. He was a full-time starter on both sides of the ball. Martin scored 12 of his touchdowns in Green's 5 playoff games. Trey scored 3 touchdowns in both the Regional semifinal game against Wooster and the Regional Championship game against Massillon.

Drew Allar - NO doubt. You have to give it to someone who had a phenomenal season, is a power five national contender (Penn State) recruit and played in the premier division (Division 1) in Ohio. I think those three things nailed it for him.

Drew Allar - NO doubt. You have to give it to someone who had a phenomenal season, is a power five national contender (Penn State) recruit and played in the premier division (Division 1) in Ohio. I think those three things nailed it for him.
Why does it have to go to a Power 5 recruit or someone on a D1 team? And its hard to call Penn State a national contender. Shouldn't this award be based solely on the winner's performance this season?

Why does it have to go to a Power 5 recruit or someone on a D1 team? And its hard to call Penn State a national contender. Shouldn't this award be based solely on the winner's performance this season?
Not going to disagree with what you said. But why wouldn't Allar be a viable winner based off of performance???

Naturally it doesn’t have to, but in my opinion Power 5 recruit (you got me on national power - but Penn St could annually be top 20ish) shows the players ceiling. A D1 team, especially a very good team as Medina shows your playing top competition in your state. And of course it’s all based on performance as well. It just seems to me that Mr Football should be one of the better players in the country to represent the state of Ohio.

I agree. There is a difference between a 2000 yard rusher going to a Power 5, versus a 2000 yard rusher going to welding school, though both put up the same stats. Mr. Football should be Power 5 imo. Otherwise we'll be here all day, lol.

Green's Trey Martin had 90 receptions for 1432 yards and 19 receiving TD, as well as 4 rushing TD, a defensive TD, a punt return TD and 4 interceptions on defense. He was a full-time starter on both sides of the ball. Martin scored 12 of his touchdowns in Green's 5 playoff games. Trey scored 3 touchdowns in both the Regional semifinal game against Wooster and the Regional Championship game against Massillon.

Outstanding! Do it all guy similar to Brawley. Tough choice for Stark POY, maybe co-winners(?). But both outside looking in for Mr. Football imo.

What about Ursuline’s DeMarcus McElroy? He has over 2000 yards rushing and just broke Akise Teague's(when he won Mr. Football) single season TD record as he now has 45 TD's

Last edited:
Not going to disagree with what you said. But why wouldn't Allar be a viable winner based off of performance???
I think his accomplishments at Medina this year would make him a deserving winner, I just don't think him going to Penn State should factor into it. Allar would be every bit as deserving if he were going to Akron U instead.

Outstanding! Do it all guy similar to Brawley. Tough choice for Stark POY, maybe co-winners(?). But both outside looking in for Mr. Football imo.
According to Massillontigers.com (easily the most detailed team website I've ever seen) Brawley had 585 receiving yards and 4 touchdowns on offense, 57 solo tackles and 31 assisted tackles, 4 intercpetions 3 forced fumbles, 7 blocked kicks and 4 special teams touchdowns.

Very impressive, especially the 7 blocked kicks. Has to be a state record.

I think his accomplishments at Medina this year would make him a deserving winner, I just don't think him going to Penn State should factor into it. Allar would be every bit as deserving if he were going to Akron U instead.
The 6 pts he put up on the biggest game of his hs career beg the differ

sorry I don’t think it should be awarded to someone who beats up on garbage teams all year then chokes when it matters most . My votes for the Ursuline kid.

Yeah people forget Brungard was runner up last year. if they had got to state title game again I think he had real shot. McElroy should get some consideration because 45 tds and competing for state title d4 or not is still winning and producing. I think thats what It should take. your team is winning plus you are best player on field night in and out

If just regular season probably kid from medina, but both he and the kid from NMS well not good in their last games at all!

I agree. There is a difference between a 2000 yard rusher going to a Power 5, versus a 2000 yard rusher going to welding school, though both put up the same stats. Mr. Football should be Power 5 imo. Otherwise we'll be here all day, lol.
The Heisman doesn’t always go to a college player projected to be drafted in the top 10. Not sure why Mr. Football should have an analogous requirement?