Moeller

4GX

So, how's this gonna go? Moeller is stepping up to Division I competition, for the second time this year, in Game 5 of a ten-game schedule...seems pretty ambitious.

Last edited:

Just trying to understand why did Moeller (Divsion1) play a Division 5 team Ironton?????
My understanding is that Ironton approached Moeller on this one. Moe was having difficulty filling out it's schedule and said yes. You may or may not agree with their decision but it is what it is. Ironton wanted this matchup more than Moeller. Backups pretty much played a key role in this one so I don't think trying to embarrass a lower division team was any motivation at all. We will all learn about Moeller's reemergence this week. I personally think they are a year away from regaining their true footing and can only benefit from the step up in competition over the next 4 or 5 weeks. St X is the clear favorite and anything that Moe can do to erase the stigma of last year's playoff beat down would be seen as a step in the right direction. I hope both teams can play at a high level and avoid any catastrophic injuries the entire year. GBM

I wish I knew something about Moe beyond how to spell Moe.

I have watched both LaSalle and Elder play. Based on what I saw in those games I believe my unknown, Moe, may offer X their best GCL challenge.

I am looking forward to the game!!!

I am probably the biggest Moeller "homer" on yappi but not nearly as obnoxious as ReJect. If Moe can keep from getting blitzkrieged like last year they have a punchers chance. If not, you can turn out the lights before halftime. My guess is that they are way better than LY but might be a year away from serious contention. Right now ST. X is the best performing team in the state of Ohio. Your HC and OC are probably the most effective and creative staff members in all of Ohio. Having said that I wish that Big Moe kicks your proverbial @$$ from here to Tipperary :) GBM

Payback for the 3 decades of the cheating era of Fuzzy and Klonne continues ad infinitum
1963 X lost 26-6 Week 7 at ????
1964 X lost 19-16 Week 8 at Sycamore Stadium
1965 X lost 14-6 Week 8 at ????
1966 X lost 8-0 Week 9 at Sycamore Stadium
1967 X lost 38-6 Week 9 at ?????
1968 X tied 6-6 Week 10 at Reading Memorial Stadium
1969 X lost 19-0 Week 9 at Ballaban Stadium
1970 X won 24-7 Week 4 at Lockland Stadium
1971 X won 6-3 Week 9 at Ballaban Stadium
1972 X lost 15-0 Week 3 at Sycamore Stadium
1973 X lost 8-7 Week 3 at Ballaban Stadium
1974 X lost 14-3 Week 5 at Riverfront Stadium
1975 X lost 20-0 Week 5 at Ballaban Stadium
1976 X lost 35-0 Week 10 at Riverfront Stadium
1977 X lost 40-0 Week 10 at Ballaban Stadium
1978 X lost 48-7 Week 7 at Nippert Stadium
1979 X lost 34-0 Week 7 at Ballaban Stadium
1980 X lost 35-7 Week 7 at Sycamore Stadium
1981 X lost 37-3 Week 7 at Ballaban Stadium
1981 X lost 18-7 Regional Final at ???
1982 X lost 37-0 Week 6 at Galbreath Field
1983 X lost 54-19 Week 6 at Ballaban Stadium
1984 X lost 38-28 Week 8 at Galbreath Field
1985 X lost 56-42 Week 8 at Ballaban Stadium
1986 X lost 27-17 Week 6 at Galbreath Field
1987 X lost 14-7 Week 6 at Ballaban Stadium
1988 X lost 32-8 Week 6 at Galbreath Field
1989 X lost 28-20 Week 6 at Ballaban Stadium
1990 X lost 28-2 Week 6 at Galbreath Field
1991 X lost 28-21 Week 5 at Ballaban Stadium
1992 X won 44-0 Week 5 at Galbraith Field
1993 X lost 27-17 Week 5 at Ballaban Stadium

I am probably the biggest Moeller "homer" on yappi but not nearly as obnoxious as ReJect. If Moe can keep from getting blitzkrieged like last year they have a punchers chance. If not, you can turn out the lights before halftime. My guess is that they are way better than LY but might be a year away from serious contention. Right now ST. X is the best performing team in the state of Ohio. Your HC and OC are probably the most effective and creative staff members in all of Ohio. Having said that I wish that Big Moe kicks your proverbial @$$ from here to Tipperary :) GBM
Good post and I hope St. X puts a running clock on Moeller again.

I think this was a good performance by X's offense-- demonstrating the ability to play smash-mouth, and dominate an Ohio Division I Iikely playoff opponent... I did think the pass protection broke down a bit more than would have been expected, forcing McCaughey to either scramble or throw it out of bounds more than would be ideal...

I also think (not having viewed these plays on video replay) that Specht is going to be very unhappy with both the tackling and the "assignment football" that the defense played on the long run that resulted in Moeller's last score-- that never should have happened.

The X defense also gave up an unexpected (late first-half) length of the field drive for the closing FG-- that was enabled by really poor tackling on the Hobbit that Moeller had in at RB on a 3rd and long play-- but, to give Moeller credit where it is due-- that was the best drive that anyone has put together against X's starting defense this season so far.

I think this was a good performance by X's offense-- demonstrating the ability to play smash-mouth, and dominate an Ohio Division I Iikely playoff opponent... I did think the pass protection broke down a bit more than would have been expected, forcing McCaughey to either scramble or throw it out of bounds more than would be ideal...

I also think (not having viewed these plays on video replay) that Specht is going to be very unhappy with both the tackling and the "assignment football" that the defense played on the long run that resulted in Moeller's last score-- that never should have happened.

The X defense also gave up an unexpected (late first-half) length of the field drive for the closing FG-- that was enabled by really poor tackling on the Hobbit that Moeller had in at RB on a 3rd and long play-- but, to give Moeller credit where it is due-- that was the best drive that anyone has put together against X's starting defense this season so far.
They practice too...

Very nice job by the Bombers on both sides of the ball. The game went about as expected. Deliberate and methodical breaking down of an opponent over 4 quarters. I really don't think Moe having their #1 signal caller would have made a huge difference although their were some under thrown deep balls that may or may not have been hauled in. Give credit where credit is due for St. X. I don't see Ed's hanging with this team very long if it comes to that. Barring a catastrophic series of injuries to any key players X will be celebrating another state championship. No use rooting against you guys. X deserves their state and national rankings until (and if) someone can bring them down but I just don's see that happening. GBM

What is your kid the QB, the entire team played well, just leave it at that

What is your kid the QB, the entire team played well, just leave it at that
It's called looking for areas to "get better"-- which is X's head coach's mantra-- nobody is saying the whole team did not play well. I'm saying that a defense, that had really only given up two scores (both on very short fields) so far this season, will want to "clean up" some mistakes that led to two of Moeller's three scores. It does not hurt anybody's feelings to discuss areas for improvement-- this team's goal is to try to win a state championship-- there will be other, tougher challenges down the road, in which those same mistakes could be the difference between winning and losing.

The head coach and his staff will address any issues for improvement in house, nobody wants some dingdong deciding they know what needs to be fixed in an open forum. The coaches will never read this or listen to a single one of your suggestion. The only people may read this are the Kids or their parents and the only thing that can happen with that is to create issues with a really good team.

The head coach and his staff will address any issues for improvement in house, nobody wants some dingdong deciding they know what needs to be fixed in an open forum. The coaches will never read this or listen to a single one of your suggestion. The only people may read this are the Kids or their parents and the only thing that can happen with that is to create issues with a really good team.
No one has suggested that the coaches would ever come here for information on what needs to be fixed. You seem to have lost sight of what this forum is for-- it's a DISCUSSION FORUM-- in this case, about HS football. People discuss things of interest related to HS football here. If that's not your thing, then go somewhere else-- don't read the site. If anybody is a "dingdong", it's you for apparently failing to realize that, when you came here. If the parents or kids come here, and don't like what they read, then go somewhere else, or don't read it. It's just like television has been for 70 years-- if you don't like what's on, change the channel or don't watch. What the hell are you here for, anyway?

Bombers sweep the Evil Empire
Varsity (5-0) beat Moeller 49-16; next 9/24 Elder 7pm
JV (4-1) beat Moeller 29-13; next 9/25 at Elder 10am
Freshmen (4-0) beat Moeller 15-14; next 9/22 at Elder 5:30pm

4G, don't stress about this idiot....clue & classless

Heck of a crowd and atmosphere!
Screw the communists and their plandemic complete with bogus masks and clot shots
We were still in a long line after the game started waiting for a couple college kids to clumsily scan people's tickets.
Finally we said to he!! will it and just walked around them in mass.
Reminded me of the 2001 doubleheader at Paul Brown Stadium when they weren't anywhere near prepared for a crowd of 67,000 and they just told people in massive lines to buy tickets to just go in free of charge
So did the game last Friday have 20,000+ in attendance?
It was overwhelmingly in StX favor I would say 5 to 1.
Keep playing there Moe.......anything you might build wouldn't handle the X following

Screw the communists and their plandemic complete with bogus masks and clot shots
We were still in a long line after the game started waiting for a couple college kids to clumsily scan people's tickets.
Reminded me of the 2001 doubleheader at Paul Brown Stadium when they weren't anywhere near prepared for a crowd of 67,000 and they just told people in massive lines to buy tickets to just go in free of charge
Keep playing there Moe.......anything you might build wouldn't handle the X following
I think the announced attendance was 19,425. Awesome night!

They announced 19,425 and wasn't close to 5 to 1. And while it was a decent crowd, nowhere near the crowds we used to get for that game where X side would be pretty full endzone to endzone and doesn't compare to the famous X-Elder regional championship.

They announced 19,425 and wasn't close to 5 to 1. And while it was a decent crowd, nowhere near the crowds we used to get for that game where X side would be pretty full endzone to endzone and doesn't compare to the famous X-Elder regional championship.
35,000 at that barn burner.
I meant 4:1 ratio, I figured the Moeller contingent to be @4,000

It was comparable to other big crowds at nippert but nothing like those huge games. But about as good as you could’ve asked for for two very mismatched teams

Anybody see any halftime shouting matches between the Moeller fans and the Moeller coaching staff?
That's usually entertaining, although at Nippert the coaches are pretty insulated from the fans unlike at Lockland's Roettger Stadium.
Man that was fun to watch back in 2017.