Moeller vs Christian High School of Grand Rapids, MI

Watkins goes down... just a cramp thank the Lord. Moeller has some inexperienced speed at WR that hasn't had too many touches yet in Pankey, Gentry, and Kraus. I hope one of those guys can step up and give us the true deep threat(s) that we had last year in Madaris and Means.

keep dodging bullets eventually you get shot. great adjustments by Lipp at halftmie. Let's do it from start to finish next week.

Grand Rapids did a good job with the film they had on us. Good passing attack from Grand Rapids. I think its always going to be a tough game when you factor in the travel, home field advantage, and a target on your back.

#3......a HUGE game

216 rushing yards on 20 attempts
82 passing yards on 3 completions
2 Rushing TD's
1 Passing TD

Little Walter is my official nick name for him

Moeller 42
Grand Rapids 34

Final

Team offensive statistics GR-CHRIS MOELLER
FIRST DOWNS 21 19
Rushing 10 15
Passing 11 4
Penalty 0 0
RUSHING ATTEMPTS-YARDS 35-142 44-354
Avg. per rush 4.1 8.0
PASSING YARDS 282 166
Comp-Att-Int 18-40-3 10-18-0
Avg. per pass 7.1 9.2
Avg. per completion 15.7 16.6
TOTAL OFFENSE YARDS 424 520
Avg. gain per play 5.7 8.4
FUMBLES NO-LOST 1-0 1-0
3rd-Down Conversions 8-17 4-11
4th-Down Conversions 2-4 0-0
Possession Time 24:01 23:59
Red-Zone Conversions 2-2 3-4

Other team statistics GR-CHRIS MOELLER
PUNT RETURNS-YARDS 0-0 2-16
KICK RETURNS-YARDS 3-94 2-24
INTERCEPTIONS-YARDS 0-0 3-0
FUMBLE RETURNS-YARDS 0-0 0-0
PENALTIES-YARDS 0-0 5-53
PUNTS-YARDS 3-74 5-174
Avg. per punt 24.7 34.8
Net punt average 19.3 30.8
Touchbacks 0 1
Inside 20 0 2
50+ yards 1 1
Fair catches 0 1
KICKOFFS-YARDS 7-377 7-314
Avg. Yards Per Kickoff 53.9 44.9
Net Yards Per Kickoff 39.0 20.0
Touchbacks 4 4
Sacks By: Number-Yards 0-0 0-0

Thanks for the updates guys. Awesome info. Tickled the boys pulled it out, but it sounds like maybe they took em lightly at first? And agreed, I think Watkins would tear it up on D.

To me, it looked like the 4-4 just wasn't working against the spread offense that GR Christian was running. It looked like they were running a 3-4 in the second half and it made a huge difference.

The team looked a little sluggish in the first half. Eagles did have some tall receivers with good speed.

After that first tipped TD (that should have been picked), I got a taste of the uh-ohs. But about 5 minutes into the 2nd half, I had a pretty good feeling that it was over and Moe would survive.

Time to focus on the next opponent.

I was impressed with Grand Rapids offense. Their quarterback was very accurate and #1 will probably be the best reciever they see this year...besides Trinity's Quick. Moeller just couldn't get any pass rush in the first half. Hopefully, this area will improve. When they blitzed, the qb knew what to do with the ball. I've noticed that Jones rarely rushes the QB. I know he's in coverage, but I'd love to see him on some blitzes get after the QB. Our wide recievers had a lot of drops again today....this has to improve. Watkins played lights out. I can't figure out why he gets taken out of the game so much. I know he cramped up at the end, but throughout the game, he gets subbed a lot. I can only guess they're trying to limit the hits/carries he takes for the season. He is such a threat when he's on the field. Overall, it was a good win. Moeller overcame adversity and got the win. Hats off to Grand Rapids. They were a well coached team and played hard.