Moeller Basketball 2017-18

Kballer

While everyone else handles the post-mortem of the football season, it's a great time to look towards this years Moeller basketball team. Coming off an undefeated regular season and a state finals game appearance, the crazy question has to be asked- is this team better than last years? It's going to be another solid year with an excellent senior class with good experience. Thoughts?

Barring injuries, this team should make a serious run again. There's a lot of talent on this team. Looking at the roster, I was glad to see McCracken playing basketball again. I didn't see Khayo on the roster, so I guess he's focusing on football. I thought he was going to be the point guard of the future after Payton graduates. Looking forward to the year and hopefully they find a way to get back to state and win it this year.

https://amp.cincinnati.com/amp/864980001

Preview on team from Scott Springer. Was glad to see McCracken back also- he and Davenport are very athletic and seem to find a way to come up with rebounds out of nowhere. The notes about the Beach Ball tourney also show why Moeller is Moeller- the coaches choose to play very tough schedules that are geared towards getting the team prepped for a long run.

Side note- the season tickets no longer have assigned seating, imagine there are some long-standing season pass holders/ alums that aren't too happy about that.

Looked like the foundation game at Springboro was an easy W last night. How did the team look despite not having Hayes?

The team looked really good. They got off to kind of a slow start, but dominated once they settled into the game. They showed everything you would expect....tenacious defense, good shooting from the outside, good inside play and quite a few dunks.

Wow- watched some of the footage from last nights game- Moeller really aired it out from the end of 3Q where they wer tied up at 31. Final was 61-44 against Eastmoor Academy

Clean sweep in round 1 of the GCL, the boys won on a dunk fest tonight against Elder. Kramer is definitely letting them air it out a bit more this year. Moeller is averaging over 70 opoints in GCL games and over 60 pts overall. The last time they were even close to these averages was...2007, the last time they won State.

A few thoughts
-Hayes is struggling on free throws and that could hurt if they have a deep run. Sometimes when kids grew that much that fast, they strggle with touch so I think that will improve just not sure it will be this year.

-It's easy to miss but the transfer from Bacon is really good, not flashy like Davenport or Hayes but does all the little things well and has great vision in the court.

- Moeller should win the GCL but I think the rematch vs X could be a much closer finish. I was very impressed with them when they came to Moeller and playing them in their gym will be more of a challenge than CK would like to see.

- the bench is not deep, other than Land who has good potential and McCracken who is a abut streaky, the rest is merely above average or less. Not sure how this will affect them in a deep run.

Elmo joined the team!!!

I mean seriously people- this team is likely making a deep run once again this year and nobody on yappi is showing the love!?! ❤️