Moeller Basketball 2016-17

Kballer

With two of the top senior Crusaders basketball players signing their NLI yesterday (Keegan McDowell- Liberty; Ryland Voss- Cornell), thought it was time to start the thread for this year. Lots of experienced players coming back from last year, and some good, young talent coming in/moving up. Looking forward to watching the teams play!

I am looking forward to this season. They should have a solid squad and if everyone stays healthy, hopefully make a run at it this year. Payton should be really fun to watch. I was surprised to see McCracken wasn't on the varsity roster. Did he decide to concentrate on football? I thought he was one of the better players on the team his freshman and sophomore year.

This is a very good team- any weaknesses that could hurt them in the long run? This starting five and first couple of the bench are very strong.

Congrats on completing a perfect 22-0 regular basketball season. It's the first in school history. Hopefully, they keep it rolling in the tournament.

This team is incredibly impressive. They have zero weaknesses. This is not the most talented team that Moe has ever fielded but it might be the most complete. Given the schedule they've faced, to go undefeated is silly. They certainly aren't invincible but it's going to take a monumental effort by someone to beat them. Only Massilon Jackson has the personnel that could give them fits. Otherwise, an opponent is going to have to just go berserk from 3 to beat them.

Last edited:
I wonder how much longer Duece is going to play football.

This seems to be a question on the minds of many Moeller fans. I heard a rumor that they were having him work out at wide receiver. If that is true I wonder if it would prompt him to commit only to basketball.

Regardless of whether he continues playing both basketball and football, or chooses to focus on one sport, he is incredibly talented with a bright college future.

This seems to be a question on the minds of many Moeller fans. I heard a rumor that they were having him work out at wide receiver. If that is true I wonder if it would prompt him to commit only to basketball.

Regardless of whether he continues playing both basketball and football, or chooses to focus on one sport, he is incredibly talented with a bright college future.

Why would they move him to wide receiver? He was the backup QB last season and was promoted to starter in the LaSalle game. He was only a sophomore and it seems everyone pretty much agrees he has incredible potential. I know he has his summer basketball commitments, but he had those same commitments last year and Rodenberg raved about him. If true, that's a head scratcher.

Moe is going to have nearly a two week layoff between its last regular season game and first game in the tournament. Not that I think rust will make much of a difference versus whomever the first playoff opponent is but you have to think the coaching staff hates the extended down time. The scheduling is just baffling to me. You go 3+ months of playing twice a week, sometimes more, and now at the most important juncture you go almost two weeks without a game. Obviously Moe has a first round bye and there are a lot of moving parts when it comes to volume of teams and venues for the playoffs but damn... There has to be a way to truncate the playoff schedule from what it is now.

Moe is going to have nearly a two week layoff between its last regular season game and first game in the tournament. Not that I think rust will make much of a difference versus whomever the first playoff opponent is but you have to think the coaching staff hates the extended down time. The scheduling is just baffling to me. You go 3+ months of playing twice a week, sometimes more, and now at the most important juncture you go almost two weeks without a game. Obviously Moe has a first round bye and there are a lot of moving parts when it comes to volume of teams and venues for the playoffs but damn... There has to be a way to truncate the playoff schedule from what it is now.

That is a long stretch, but hopefully the time is used to heal up any nagging injuries so they can be full force in the playoffs. The first few games will give them a chance to get the rust off....if there is any. Hopefully, they can get to Columbus this year.

The obvious answer is --LESS TEAMS!

So this is the new Moeller yappi experience- complaints about logos, colors and uniforms; kicked out kickers;, wringing hands about coaches; and grammar lessons...?! #1 team in the state- undefeated!!!- could be discussing Duece, Keegan, Riley (one of the smartest basketball players I have seen), but instead we are focused on if I used the grammatically correct word for the situation- good times people!

So this is the new Moeller yappi experience- complaints about logos, colors and uniforms; kicked out kickers;, wringing hands about coaches; and grammar lessons...?! #1 team in the state- undefeated!!!- could be discussing Duece, Keegan, Riley (one of the smartest basketball players I have seen), but instead we are focused on if I used the grammatically correct word for the situation- good times people!

Much better. GBM

LOL! Go Crusaders and GCL! We need to bring as many state championships to Greater Cincinnati as possible, I don't care who does it.