Moeller 15 Lakota West 10

After halftime Moeller had pulled their starting goalie and some of the regulars. They looked very disineterested in the 2nd half, better clean up that act before the postseason.

moeprep, there is nothing to be cleaned up. Moe had control of this game from start to finish, and they easily could have scored 20 goals on them, but Coach Kennedy is better than that so he let the kids play that dont get to see the field too much. Coach Kennedy also doesnt need any of his starters getting hurt before the trip this weekend which is 2 huge games for Moeller's standings in the Midwest. So get ur facts straight before you start judging a team that clearly had control the whole game.
On another note, great game for Alex Hofricter...he had 5 on the night.

It was 12-3 at half. When the 2nd half started, West put in a quick goal, which was then followed up by Moeller (or it could've been vice versa...). Either way, after that, it was all West. I believe they outscored Moeller in the 3rd quarter by maybe a goal, and then by about 3-4 in the 4th.

I didn't notice any of the starters coming out until late in the 4th, to be honest.

I did, however, have a question...the starting goalie...he wasn't the one who had the great 2nd half against St. X was it? I thought it was Faust who was, but he didn't start...or am I wrong?

I did, however, have a question...the starting goalie...he wasn't the one who had the great 2nd half against St. X was it? I thought it was Faust who was, but he didn't start...or am I wrong?

No, the starting goalie was the goalie that played in the X game. He wasn't feeling well and has an injured hamstring and came out at half tonight.

Also, the 3rd stringers started playing tonight in the second quarter. The starting defense played one quarter together then the subs were swapped in and out.

No, the starting goalie was the goalie that played in the X game. He wasn't feeling well and has an injured hamstring and came out at half tonight.

Also, the 3rd stringers started playing tonight in the second quarter. The starting defense played one quarter together then the subs were swapped in and out.

Thanks for clearing up the goalie issue...I thought I heard a different name called on speaker before the game.

I'll be honest, it didn't really look like Moeller took out the key players until late in the 4th. I mean, West put in a JV attackmen for a little bit during the 3rd and 4th (actually had two goals!), put in their 4th d-pole for a bit (in the 2nd) and ran some of the 4th middies in the 3rd/4th...

Moeller kept in a few of their starters on attack only because they only have 4 attackmen, in the 2nd half the 2nd and 3rd line middies saw alot of playing time as well as the 2nd string defense. Moeller just isnt that deep to totally take all of their starters out of the game when they are up

Taking out a few players doesn't mean much, since West did the same thing. Bowman scored in the 4th, Rudy played the whole game, and Finegan didn't come out till there was about 1:30 on the clock in the 4th when it was already 15-10.

2nd line middies are supposed to play a lot in a normal game anyway, and the 3rd lines are supposed to get a solid amount.

While Moeller definitely didnt play a good second half and they need to be able to put together 4 quarters if they expect to go far in the playoffs. But after the 1st quarter a senior co-captain was subbed out for a sophmore that hasn't really ever played on defense and then at halftime the 6th and 7th d-poles were put in because the 4th pole wasn't at the game because of illness. It was then in the second half that west went off with this defensive squad in not to mention the 2nd string goalie who hasn't played really since the beginning of the season. The three starting attack were only in together for 1 and a half quarters. And Moeller was running the 3rd and 4th middie lines in the 3rd quarter and well into the 4th. It was almost too late that the coaches decided to put most of the starters back in with about 2:30 left in the game. Not taking anything away from West, they did capitalize on the situation but when Moe's starting unit was on the field it was 11-3 and the game was under Moe's control.

West had a shakey start but played well in the second. Why dwell on Moe pulling their starters? West rotates in at least three lines during the course of every game but usually leaves in the starting long poles. The score was indicative of a top five ranked D1 team playing a middle of the pack D1 team, no reason to dwell on who played when!!! It looked like both teams played a hard fought, spirited contest. Ossie had a very slow start and West was a little slow to pick up on Moe's tough scoring plays. It was a good game. Congratulations to both squads. It's great to see this type of competition in SW Ohio!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: