Mission Viejo lost

so LB Poly beats a well respeted Glenville team and loses in California

Mission Viejo beats a well respected Moeller team and loses in California

yeah California has no quality football teams

SLC lucks through two playoff games last year and 1 regular season game this year

and SLC got pounded by a better team from FLorida, who beat another FLA team only 28-18

yeah Texas FB abd SLC are great

LMAO

SLC lucks through two playoff games last year and 1 regular season game this year

and SLC got pounded by a better team from FLorida, who beat another FLA team only 28-18

LMAO

Like crusaders said.. "glenville sucks.. moeller is average"!

And.. yup, SLC battled through a hard-hitting Top 10-Ranked Euless Trinity team, in the playoffs, last year. A team that was very large in size, physical, fast and very aggressive. SLC beat'em! Thanx for making that point.

About SLC getting pounded.. only a bias moron would suggest SLC got "pounded". They played poorly (and yes, MNW had some to do with it, but the majority of it was SLC making mental mistakes). SLC turned the ball over 5 times (1 forced, 4 unforced) and still had an opportunity to win, at the end of the game. I've seen Poly, Vejo, St. X, MNW and Colerain and I'd feel good about putting a dozen (or so) Texas teams up against anyone of them. (I'd put, at least, 25 teams against Colerain.)

And again... MNW turned the ball over 6 times vs Homestead.. and still beat'em by 10 pts. That tells me MNW was light years better, but had an off game. Imagine that.. you have a WAY off game, turn the ball over 6 times and still win by 10 pts. I guess that doesn't happen in California?? Give it a rest, dude.. the envy is painfully obvious.

glenville sucks

I guess you're saying St. X sucks too, because Glenville gave them a tough game. St. X padded the score late on a fluke play (turnover?) Otherwise, the score would have ended 20-12. Face it, Glenville gave Ohio's top dog a very competitive game.

Saying Glenville sucks is an attempt, by you, to discredit Poly's victory.

glenville sucks, Moeller is average. and mnw and slc wouldve gotten rocked if they had turned it over like that against x. plus, slc doesnt have a very good d at all to give up 42 pts to rockwall.

was impressed when i watched Birmingham and Notre Dame last night though. ND had 1 player, the QB, but he was TOUGH. Took the whole defense to bring him down. and Birmingham's RB almost knocked a safeties helmet off that tried to come up and tackle him near the goaline once.

ND was ranked but they were overrated. Birmingham is close to a top 25 team... per cal preps they were about 8 in cali. i think thats about right... they looked like a regional finalist (top 8) in ohio...

good win for Birmingham, sorry i was off topic.

Birmingham Patriots 28
Sherman Oaks Notre Dame Fighting Irish 21

MNW had two turnovers. How many TO's would X have against MNW? I say, at least 2 with how hard MNW hits.

I guess you're saying St. X sucks too, because Glenville gave them a tough game. St. X padded the score late on a fluke play (turnover?) Otherwise, the score would have ended 20-12. Face it, Glenville gave Ohio's top dog a very competitive game.

Saying Glenville sucks is an attempt, by you, to discredit Poly's victory.

As an X fan, I'll say this...Glenville has a ton of athletes on their team...much more than St. X...they are not, however, a very good football team. I'd call them an average team with above average talent in Ohio.

Yes, but what do total yards matter if teams can't capitalize and turn those into points?

if someone says a team sucks a nd they put 400 yards up on a supposedly awesome defense something has to give

either the team doesnt suck or the other team does not have the awesome defense

Is it true they got 400 yards against x

If you know anything about X though, you would be aware that their defense is a "bend, don't break" unit. They gave up 12 points. They should win every single game if they only give up 12 points.

Like I said, Glenville does not suck at all like some people have said. They have a large talent pool, just very undisciplined, which makes them not as successful as they should be on paper.

If you know anything about X though, you would be aware that their defense is a "bend, don't break" unit. They gave up 12 points. They should win every single game if they only give up 12 points.

Like I said, Glenville does not suck at all like some people have said. They have a large talent pool, just very undisciplined, which makes them not as successful as they should be on paper.

I agree with both your points

the one pervasive attitude I have seen from almost anybody here is

.... whoever your team plays (win or lose) is an all time loaded world beater

.... whoever your comeptitor plays (win or lose) is overrated, badly coached, in a down year

LB Poly beat a very good GLenville team who beat Warren Central and put 400 yards up on St X

they do not suck

if someone says a team sucks a nd they put 400 yards up on a supposedly awesome defense something has to give

either the team doesnt suck or the other team does not have the awesome defense

This stat says a ton about X's defense. They gave up 400 yards but only gave up 12 points

LMAO

I dont think you'll hear any Cali bashing from the Ohio crowd anymore. They earned respect out here for their play.

I think the LB Poly win over Cleveland Glenville was a very good win. I also thought they played Cincinnati St. Xavier very tough.

For anyone who wants to evaluate that for himself, you can find that game video online at http://www.waycross.tv/StX_Glenville_Football

(That is just freakin' amazing, BTW.)

I'm a little more circumspect about Moeller. Beating Mason & Findlay proves little, and even Birmingham (MI) Brother Rice has lost again to Orchard Lake (MI) St. Mary's by 3 TDs. We'll see how they do against the GCL, Indianapolis Cathedral, and Lakewood St. Edward.

I agree with both your points

the one pervasive attitude I have seen from almost anybody here is

.... whoever your team plays (win or lose) is an all time loaded world beater

.... whoever your comeptitor plays (win or lose) is overrated, badly coached, in a down year

LB Poly beat a very good GLenville team who beat Warren Central and put 400 yards up on St X

they do not suck

Another nice touch is that predictions of games that actually happen (MNW vs. SLC, among many others) are wrong so often, but so many people are so confident that one team would destroy another team, if they ever played. As in "sure, we lost to them, even though I was sure we'd win, but I saw the team you are talking about on TV, and it would not even be close."

Another nice touch is that predictions of games that actually happen (MNW vs. SLC, among many others) are wrong so often, but so many people are so confident that one team would destroy another team, if they ever played. As in "sure, we lost to them, even though I was sure we'd win, but I saw the team you are talking about on TV, and it would not even be close."

I posted this awhile back on another board. consumerman appears to be refering to rule #9. Chicago is using a little of #1 and #2.

1. The home team rules. They either have more talent, work harder, have better coaching, better chemistry than you have seen.

2. Suggesting there is a weakness with a team, means you do not know what you are talking about.

3. The only way to have a correct point, is to agree that the home team has whatever aspect of #1 the fans think they do.

4. If the team is talented, they have the most talent of anyone in the country. Trying to say that there are teams elsewhere with similar talent will get you blasted.

5. Likewise, many teams do not like to acknowledge they are talented, see DLS/SLC. Suggesting the teams sucess might be related to the level of talent that is currently in the college ranks or in the pros will dismissed.

6. You have to understand there is no mixing of #4 and #5. If you are a talented team, you cannot work hard, have heart etc. If you have heart, good coaching etc. you cannot be talented.

7. The home team fanbase is the best and travels everywhere. The community is behind its team.

8. The home team school does not recruit, but it is a known fact that other schools do. Primarily schools in other states, but usually the rival school can be fit in there as well. If you are a public school fan, you can blanket all privates. If you are a private school fan, apply the first part of this rule.

9. If your team does lose, it was not any good, had an injury and was not representative of past or future teams. Likewise the opponent, was the tops of their state/region/hometown and more than likely cheated anyway.

10. Pretty much the only way you can be respectful is to state that the home team rules and will win, with the most talent or hardest work, with the best fans, and local players.

Very nice.

If you want an (11), maybe:

Your team does not get breaks; it forces opponents into errors and takes advantage of them. And any poor calls or non-calls going its way (and there really were none, anyway) do not come close to making up for the laughable calls and non-calls that went against it. The other team, on the other hand, was the beneficiary of so many fluke bounces and horrible calls and non-calls it was ridiculous.

Very nice.

If you want an (11), maybe:

Your team does not get breaks; it forces opponents into errors and takes advantage of them. And any poor calls or non-calls going its way (and there really were none, anyway) do not come close to making up for the laughable calls and non-calls that went against it. The other team, on the other hand, was the beneficiary of so many fluke bounces and horrible calls and non-calls it was ridiculous.

I am in the midst of tweaking. I think I can combine 4-6...