Mike Leach

Arrogate

Is now at Mississippi State. Not sure that is the best fit but it is safe to say the Egg Bowl just got real interesting. Willing to bet the press conferences leading up to it will be packed and hilarious

Is now at Mississippi State. Not sure that is the best fit but it is safe to say the Egg Bowl just got real interesting. Willing to bet the press conferences leading up to it will be packed and hilarious
Is that what they call the ole Miss and Miss St game?

Yes it is, unsure of why. Also don't really understand this move from a football standpoint. It makes little sense for Leach, his style of offense fit the Pac12 better and he has no real powers other than Oregon most years and even they are usually beatable. But I'm all for a division with Mike Leach, Lane Kiffin and Ed Oregeron annoying Saban.

The move was all about an answer to what Ole Miss did with their Kiffen hire. Those Miss State fans were fuming when they saw the attention that Ole Miss got and the excitement it generated and felt they needed to make a similar hire. Moorehead wasn't a bad football coach just too plain and "Yankee" so they felt they had to keep up with their cross state rival.

Yes it is, unsure of why. Also don't really understand this move from a football standpoint. It makes little sense for Leach, his style of offense fit the Pac12 better and he has no real powers other than Oregon most years and even they are usually beatable. But I'm all for a division with Mike Leach, Lane Kiffin and Ed Oregeron annoying Saban.
I question the fit with the fanbase, he wont pander to boosters. The other thing is he wont go hard after recruits, just not his strong suit.

However I have no doubt his offense will be successful in the league, the real question is will he go hard recruiting and will he be able to get a good defensive coordinator.

The move was all about an answer to what Ole Miss did with their Kiffen hire. Those Miss State fans were fuming when they saw the attention that Ole Miss got and the excitement it generated and felt they needed to make a similar hire. Moorehead wasn't a bad football coach just too plain and "Yankee" so they felt they had to keep up with their cross state rival.
Moorehead actually brought in a top 15 recruiting class too. Didnt think he was a good coach though and definetly wasnt a good fit. It was destined to fail

what’s crazy is probably none of this happens if that kid doesn’t pretend to piss like a dog on that final TD.

Leach won’t last 3 years at Mississippi State unless he completely changes his personality!
He’s done really well in “small mkt” college football, where there’s almost zero media pressure and scrutiny. Starkville is a small town, but the pressure will be infinitely higher than at either TT or Wazzu. Being quirky in media interviews won’t get him off the hook if he’s not winning

He’s done really well in “small mkt” college football, where there’s almost zero media pressure and scrutiny. Starkville is a small town, but the pressure will be infinitely higher than at either TT or Wazzu. Being quirky in media interviews won’t get him off the hook if he’s not winning

Exactly and I don’t think his quirkiness will be well received by media,boosters and fans when the team is losing more than winning!

Exactly and I don’t think his quirkiness will be well received by media,boosters and fans when the team is losing more than winning!
Talking about pirates for an hour won’t distract fans if you’re 6-6. I think Moorhead got a raw deal, but I selfishly hope Notre Dame can land him as their OC for a few years.

From Wikipedia-

The Aggies (Bulldogs) dominated the early days of the series including a 13-game A&M winning streak from 1911–1925 during which time the Aggies outscored the Red and Blue by a combined 327–33.[10] Through 1925 Ole Miss had won only five times out of 23 total contests. In 1926 when the Red and Blue ended their 13-game losing streak by defeating A&M 7–6 in Starkville, the Ole Miss fans rushed the field with some trying to tear the goalposts down. A&M fans did not take well to the Ole Miss fans destroying their property and fights broke out. Some A&M fans defended the goal posts with wooden chairs, and several injuries were reported. According to one account:
"Irate Aggie supporters took after the ambitious Ole Miss group with cane bottom chairs, and fights broke out. The mayhem continued until most of the chairs were splintered."[11]

To prevent such events in the future, students of the two schools created the "Golden Egg," a large trophy which has been awarded to the winning team each year since 1927. The trophy is a large football-shaped brass piece mounted to a wooden base and traditionally symbolizes supremacy in college football in the state of Mississippi for the year. The footballs used in American football in the 1920s were considerably more ovoid and blunter than those in use today and similar to the balls still used in rugby; the trophy thus, to modern eyes, more resembles an egg than a football. The awarding of the "Golden Egg" was instituted in 1927 by joint agreement between the two schools' student bodies. In the event of a tie (before overtime was instituted in Division I college football in 1996)[12] the school that won the game the previous year kept the trophy for the first half of the new year and then the trophy was sent to the other school for the second half of the new year.[13] The game was given the nickname "Egg Bowl" by Clarion-Ledger sportswriter Tom Patterson in 1979.