Midwest Athletic Conference 2022

Per Blessem and confirmed by arbiterlive.com, Versailles and Celina's week one series is coming to an end and Versailles will start playing Milton Union starting in 2024 week 1 @ Versailles

coldwater's deal with kenton ends after the 2023 game...any chance they're picking up celina?

Stirred not Shaken

Marion Local has 2 openings for 23, just drop Kenton starting next year and ML - CW non league game will count as league game. Flyers and Cavs won't have to participate in MAC's rotating schedule and play one more league game, scheduling issues solved or at least partially.

bigkat

what
Marion Local has 2 openings for 23, just drop Kenton starting next year and ML - CW non league game will count as league game. Flyers and Cavs won't have to participate in MAC's rotating schedule and play one more league game, scheduling issues solved or at least partially.
?

marion local has 2 openings for 23, just join the NFL and play the green bay packers in week one and the scheduling issues solved or at least partially

is as equally as dumb of a post as yours

VTJGball

marion local has 2 openings for 23, just join the NFL and play the green bay packers in week one and the scheduling issues solved or at least partially

is as equally as dumb of a post as yours
Disagree.....Stirred not Shaken has some merit........yours is just Dumb.

Stirred not Shaken

it really doesnt though. "hey to make scheduling easier, were gonna take someone you were already supposed to play and have you play them in the easiest week to schedule a game". stupidity.
ML and CW played twice a year in the early 80's, I guess both AD's were stupid. I think your inability to think out of the box is.... I won't partake in insults I usually leave that for the debate forum.

Basement Bias

Scrap the qualifying and go to an all in tournament. Keep the tournament seeded though! Just have conference games for the regular season. Have 8 or 9 divisions 😄

bigkat

Don't know, but I do know coaches like players love competition. However, were the AD's "stupid" for scheduling those games ( CW - ML playing twice in a season ).
for two years they did this, Minster Split with the school up north, in 1980 and 1981, split the games in 80 and also 81.....

State2013

I mean with the increase to how many teams qualify for the playoffs, is the rotating schedule even necessary anymore?

Rangerfan

The rotating schedule was not set up to increase playoff teams. That was just a side benefit. The rotating schedule was set up to protect teams at the bottom of the standings from the brutal top of the MAC conference. That need is still as great as ever.

Basement Bias

The rotating schedule was not set up to increase playoff teams. That was just a side benefit. The rotating schedule was set up to protect teams at the bottom of the standings from the brutal top of the MAC conference. That need is still as great as ever.
Who gets a state football title first between New Knoxville and Parkway? 🤣

serpico

Don't know, but I do know coaches like players love competition. However, were the AD's "stupid" for scheduling those games ( CW - ML playing twice in a season ).
No, and I wouldn’t call them “stupid” for doing it now, either, as unlikely as it would be. But it was a different time back then, and competing for a state title wasn’t really on teams’ radars as it is now.

To your first point, yes, coaches and players absolutely love competition, but playing a top tier league rival twice in the regular season - with the possibility of playing them again in the playoffs - just isn’t something these teams are going to want to do, IMO.