Midwest Athletic Conference 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's absolutely a benefit to the league overall. Both teams got wins in week 2, rather than one of them getting a loss. This means more computer points for anyone who is able to beat them later in the conference slate. This means a higher chance that more MAC teams play home games in the playoffs.

If Versailles played Coldwater in week 2, they're, in all likelihood, 1-2 at this point in the season. Is it not better for Versailles to be 2-1 and many believing they're a State Championship contender than to be at 1-2?

Also, you could argue the reason Versailles is better over the course of the past few years is because they've benefitted as much as anyone from not having to play someone better than them in week 2, and taking a loss. We can pretend that there is no difference between 2-8 and 1-9 or 3-7 and 4-6, but there is. The MAC absolutely, unequivocally benefits from not playing all other opponents.

Is it a shame that two of top 3 teams in the conference won't play this year? Sure it is. But to say as a whole it doesn't benefit the league overall is incorrect.
I tend to agree with you on this. I've been a huge proponent for MAC scheduling for other leagues as well as a way to alleviate some headaches and benefit it's playoff chances. In the years that the MAC has had their current scheduling, how often have we seen this issue happen? I don't have the history of the league in front of me, but I don't recall this being an issue posted about in season's past. I'm assuming it's not something that occurs on a regular basis.

Week 5 picks:

Marion Local over Minster
Coldwater over DSJ
New Bremen over Anna
Versailles over Fort Recovery
St. Henry over Parkway

Seems like one of the more straight forward weeks in the MAC.

Week 5 picks:

Marion Local vs Minster
Coldwater vs St. John's
New Bremen vs Anna - Only really interesting game in the MAC this week, the other games should all be decided pretty early. I think this game could go either way but going with the defending state champs for now
Versailles vs Ft Recovery
St. Henry vs Parkway

Cats are very young at this point and counted 12 kids not playing this past Sat because of injuries..... I'm just glad the Bluejays got their JV's some playing time, with around 2 minutes left in the game up by 27....
I am surprised Minster did not go with Nixon at QB this season, one of the top returning QB's in the area.

Interested in how the New Bremen Anna game turns out. Versailles plays both teams yet.
I'm expecting NB to take it to Anna. If they don't, what does that indicate.....NB is not as good as we think or Anna is better than we think.
Thoughts about this game?

Interested in how the New Bremen Anna game turns out. Versailles plays both teams yet.
I'm expecting NB to take it to Anna. If they don't, what does that indicate.....NB is not as good as we think or Anna is better than we think.
Thoughts about this game?
Interested in the outcome of this game…while passing thru Anna this summer for work a few folks I had spoken to were really positive on the progress the program had made. NB will be a good barometer to the progress tonight - would imagine some of the Region 24 schools will be watching this score as well.

My guess only…
Once Minster got it handed to them by Loramie, the coach immediately started thinking about the future and getting the young QB more involved.
Only thing about that is he could be set back by losing all confidence. The Bears are sitting Justin Fields, a 1st round draft pick, so his psychological mindset doesn't get ruined.
Freshman Qb could get experience playing Freshman or JV.
I hope it works out for the Cats.

Marion Local 56
Minster 14

Minster Qb threw two very nice long passes, hitting the receiver in stride, resulting in the two Td's. Seitz got a little bit of playing time on defense. Definitely not 100% but nice to see him getting eased back into it. Marion travels to Delphos next week. Versailles hosts New Bremen. That will be a good one.

Marion Local 56
Minster 14

Minster Qb threw two very nice long passes, hitting the receiver in stride, resulting in the two Td's. Seitz got a little bit of playing time on defense. Definitely not 100% but nice to see him getting eased back into it. Marion travels to Delphos next week. Versailles hosts New Bremen. That will be a good one.
Minster played with out both Stephey and Nixon. Flyers for the 3rd straight week had a special team TD as Kyle Otte took one too the house.

Marion Local 56
Minster 14

I'll take the Tigers at Hole field

Minster played with their 6th string QB (the backup freshman QB), 4th string punter, 4th string long snapper, and 10 combined seniors and juniors.

Of the original 22 offensive and defensive starting positions coming out of camp, Minster only had the same people at 6 of those. The other 16 positions had to be changed due to injury or illness.

The way I see it we are down to a three team race, Coldwater, Marion and the winner of Versailles and NB next week. Coldwater and MSML both control their own destiny, Cards and Tigers would need help after next week. The bottom of the league might be just as interesting! Feels like DSJ has some wins left in them, does Minster, Parkway or Fort?

The way I see it we are down to a three team race, Coldwater, Marion and the winner of Versailles and NB next week. Coldwater and MSML both control their own destiny, Cards and Tigers would need help after next week. The bottom of the league might be just as interesting! Feels like DSJ has some wins left in them, does Minster, Parkway or Fort?
Ver. knocks off NB, NB def. ML, ML def. CW, result 3 way championship same as in 19 just different champions except for ML. Parkway goes 0 - 10, everything else is a toss up.

Ver. knocks off NB, NB def. ML, ML def. CW, result 3 way championship same as in 19 just different champions except for ML. Parkway goes 0 - 10, everything else is a toss up.
I could see the same scenario, only NB beats Versailles. I also think Parkway has a shot against Minster, call me crazy.

Interesting week for the Tigers. NB has won the big game(s) and got over the hump. Versailles won over a good Fort Recovery team last year but have failed to come up with other signature victories. I think this week goes a long way in establishing a winning culture, confidence in the system, and prediction of playoff run this season.
Last year it was apparent that Versailles was going to play Roger Bacon and Corey Kiner in the playoffs and I predicted that if Versailles could stop NB rush attack then the Tigers could stop Kiner. That didn't work out so well last year. Fast forward to this year, Tigers lost a close game to ML , people are not happy........what will the feeling be after this Friday night?
Versailles will not take NB lightly, can they get that signature win?

Interesting week for the Tigers. NB has won the big game(s) and got over the hump. Versailles won over a good Fort Recovery team last year but have failed to come up with other signature victories. I think this week goes a long way in establishing a winning culture, confidence in the system, and prediction of playoff run this season.
Last year it was apparent that Versailles was going to play Roger Bacon and Corey Kiner in the playoffs and I predicted that if Versailles could stop NB rush attack then the Tigers could stop Kiner. That didn't work out so well last year. Fast forward to this year, Tigers lost a close game to ML , people are not happy........what will the feeling be after this Friday night?
Versailles will not take NB lightly, can they get that signature win?
tough to take a4-1 team lightly.... who just happened to have won a state championship last year....

Status
Not open for further replies.