Midwest Athletic Conference 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Week 6 Picks :
ML 42 DSJ 6
CW 41 Anna 13
SH 34 Fr 13
Minster 27 Parkway 20
Versailles 21 NB 13 New Bremen has a football program that will be good for sometime, not a 1 or 2 year run like Anna had.

lost the battle up front on defense* with multiple guys injured*
Coldwater has over 80 on their roster, St. John's barely has over 30, if they even have that many. Coldwater just played bad and St. John's out-played themselves for their talent level

Coldwater has over 80 on their roster, St. John's barely has over 30, if they even have that many. Coldwater just played bad and St. John's out-played themselves for their talent level
Actually DSJ has 39 on their roster. Roster size alone does not win football games - really only makes a difference if a team suffers injuries. Hardin Northern under Brunow usually had between 30 - 40 players and the Polar Bears won a D - 6 state title.
This from The Lima News Preview : The good news for the Blue Jays is that 21 starters are back, including 10 on offense. If this is true kind of surprising DSJ does not have a better record.

Last edited:
Actually DSJ has 39 on their roster. Roster size alone does not win football games - really only makes a difference if a team suffers injuries. Hardin Northern under Brunow usually had between 30 - 40 players and the Polar Bears won a D - 6 state title.
This from The Lima News Preview : The good news for the Blue Jays is that 21 starters are back, including 10 on offense. If this is true kind of surprising DSJ does not have a better record.
Per the Delphos Herald preview DSJ had about 14-15 returning starters, not 21.

I'm liking how this is shaping up for my Indians... I see a 14 seed and a first round game at Arcanum. That would be ideal for this young team.

Roster size might not help you win games this year but having enough kids on the roster to have JV and freshman games is a huge advantage. I work at a DVI school that hasn't had a JV team for several years now and it's devastating to your program. Young kids are either forced to play when they are nowhere near ready for varsity or they quit because they don't get to play in a game all year.

At some point the roster number reaches the point of diminishing returns but at some point having a small roster hinders the development of young players in your program.

Roster size might not help you win games this year but having enough kids on the roster to have JV and freshman games is a huge advantage. I work at a DVI school that hasn't had a JV team for several years now and it's devastating to your program. Young kids are either forced to play when they are nowhere near ready for varsity or they quit because they don't get to play in a game all year.

At some point the roster number reaches the point of diminishing returns but at some point having a small roster hinders the development of young players in your program.
I agree it is better to have a big roster, their is no doubt about that. But a big roster alone does not win football games, HN under Brunow was proof of that, now when a team gets below 30 players yeah it becomes very problematic.

I agree it is better to have a big roster, their is no doubt about that. But a big roster alone does not win football games, HN under Brunow was proof of that, now when a team gets below 30 players yeah it becomes very problematic.
if i recall , HN, had some VERY goodplayers on those successful years....not sure, but didn't Brunow struggle the last couple of years coaching?

Anyone think St. Johns can sneak into the playoffs in R26?
Have to look at the numbers.
They are pretty far out of the 16 spot right now. Believe it or not, only 2 of the top 16 are below .500. They need a bellcow win. The CW came would have helped.

If they get to 4 wins, and can knock off the Steiners or Tigerball they may have a chance.

MSML is obviously the front runner in the league

I believe if Versailles dominates NB then I think that close game with MSML was not a fluke.

NB - Versailles game a dandy, Homan for NB very impressive in the loss.
Marion Local vs DSJ - heard Kyle Otte went out with a knee injury for the Flyers ( hopefully not too serious ) in ML's 35 - 0 blanking of DSJ.
I take it Minster still had quite a few starters out as the Cats were routed by Parkway 53 - 29.
SH vs FR ( 41 - 7 ) and CW vs Anna ( 42 - 7 ) went pretty much as expected.

NB - Versailles game a dandy, Homan for NB very impressive in the loss.
Marion Local vs DSJ - heard Kyle Otte went out with a knee injury for the Flyers ( hopefully not too serious ) in ML's 35 - 0 blanking of DSJ.
I take it Minster still had quite a few starters out as the Cats were routed by Parkway 53 - 29.
SH vs FR ( 41 - 7 ) and CW vs Anna ( 42 - 7 ) went pretty much as expected.
lots of Khaki shorts on Minsters sideline tonight.. again

lots of Khaki shorts on Minsters sideline tonight.. again
Khaki shorts or jeans. Some things never change... well, I guess most things never change in MAC land towns. They're like a time capsules.

Also, Dang! I had to go all the way to the bottom of page 3 to find this thread. Not a lot of activity midway through the season. Just an unremarkable or uninteresting year?
I mean, I'm not as engaged personally because the team I follow is just... not good, and thus have more time to invest in other interests.

Khaki shorts or jeans. Some things never change... well, I guess most things never change in MAC land towns. They're like a time capsules.

Also, Dang! I had to go all the way to the bottom of page 3 to find this thread. Not a lot of activity midway through the season. Just an unremarkable or uninteresting year?
I mean, I'm not as engaged personally because the team I follow is just... not good, and thus have more time to invest in other interests.
lots of arm slings, crutches... wrapped knees, operations pending.... been tough season for a extremely young team....

Week 7 picks :
ML 35 FR 0 Drew Lause and Peyton Moeller take over the running back duties for the injured Kyle Otte.
CW 28 SH 9
DSJ 20 Parkway 16
Versailles 41 Anna 7
New Bremen 49 Minster 13 The battle of 66 has turned in the favor of the town to the north.

Except for a few of us, most people have better things to do than post statements about midget football ( MAC ).

Week 7 picks :
ML 35 FR 0 Drew Lause and Peyton Moeller take over the running back duties for the injured Kyle Otte.
CW 28 SH 9
DSJ 20 Parkway 16
Versailles 41 Anna 7
New Bremen 49 Minster 13 The battle of 66 has turned in the favor of the town to the north.
Agreed. This looks like a pretty clear cut week in the MAC. Coldwater vs. St. Henry is probably the best game of the bunch even though DSJ/Parkway might be the closest score.

Status
Not open for further replies.