Middletown Boys Basketball

Not sure about Fenwick assistants, but the following are on staff (I do not know to what capacity)
Bill Edwards Jr.- Middletown alumni. Played at Penn State, Miami
Ryan Fairchild- Middletown alumni. Former JV coach/Varsity assistant at Madison & Edgewood
Al Milton- Middletown alumni. Played football at Vandy I believe. A staple in the Middletown community graduated with Cris Carter
Sounds good.

side note: I went to watch Middies games as a kid. One play that I always recall was Al Milton going down the middle of the lane and jamming it. The crowd went crazy at Wade E. They may have been playing Springfield.

Sounds good.

side note: I went to watch Middies games as a kid. One play that I always recall was Al Milton going down the middle of the lane and jamming it. The crowd went crazy at Wade E. They may have been playing Springfield.
AM was a very good athlete. Quarterback on a team that had Jimmy Calhoun and Chris Carter.

Staff is excellent.

Not sure about Fenwick assistants, but the following are on staff (I do not know to what capacity)
Bill Edwards Jr.- Middletown alumni. Played at Penn State, Miami
Ryan Fairchild- Middletown alumni. Former JV coach/Varsity assistant at Madison & Edgewood
Al Milton- Middletown alumni. Played football at Vandy I believe. A staple in the Middletown community graduated with Cris Carter
Excellent choices.

I haven't heard. My guess is Terry will follow him and Arlinghaus and McCarthy will put in for the hc job.

Also maybe I missed it but the assistant ad is now the ad once Coleman leaves, starting about June 1.

Im unsure what the talent looks like currently in Middletown. One would think with this hire more kids will be coming out, hometown kid coming home makes a difference.
Hope your right!

Somebody help me out here and explain what this head coach did at Fenwick that was so impressive. He had a 6'10" w/a D1 scholarship who was the area's D2 high school player of the year and what did he do with it? No deep tournament run or league dominance with that kid and he was only there for 2 seasons so it isn't like he built anything at Fenwick. What part of this guy's resume indicates he would have a plan to turn around the fortunes of an underachieving public school program?

Somebody help me out here and explain what this head coach did at Fenwick that was so impressive. He had a 6'10" w/a D1 scholarship who was the area's D2 high school player of the year and what did he do with it? No deep tournament run or league dominance with that kid and he was only there for 2 seasons so it isn't like he built anything at Fenwick. What part of this guy's resume indicates he would have a plan to turn around the fortunes of an underachieving public school program?
I think it is rather obvious.

He's an ex-Middie with ties to the community. Strong ties with the African-American community. He inherited a tough situation at Fenwick with the departure of long-time coach Kreke. Fewick is a mess athletically all the way around, he did a pretty good job all things considered. He'll be fine at Middletown.

He's an ex-Middie with ties to the community. Strong ties with the African-American community. He inherited a tough situation at Fenwick with the departure of long-time coach Kreke. Fewick is a mess athletically all the way around, he did a pretty good job all things considered. He'll be fine at Middletown.
You’re in the gym with your 10-12 guys and one of them is a 6’10 D1 player?? You build a team. You don’t cry about the environment. You take an us against the world attitude and you compete and win. Good coaches do it every day.

You’re in the gym with your 10-12 guys and one of them is a 6’10 D1 player?? You build a team. You don’t cry about the environment. You take an us against the world attitude and you compete and win. Good coaches do it every day.
Ok. He'll still be fine at Middletown. He can't be any worse. I bet he'll at least show up to the tournament draw. Also, there must not be many good coaches at Fenwick right now since the majority of their athletic programs are a train wreck. The 6'10" dude is going to Wright State, let's not pretend he's some big time Power 5 player. He might have been the best player in the league, but overall Fenwick did not have the best overall talent in the league. Moss was there 2 seasons, the first full of turmoil after the stupid decision to fire Kreke, the second was Covid. I wouldn't be fair to judge anyone's coaching ability under those circumstances. Good coaches struggle in tough situations everyday. Real life isn't a Disney movie where the underdog story always finds a way to win.

Ok. He'll still be fine at Middletown. He can't be any worse. I bet he'll at least show up to the tournament draw. Also, there must not be many good coaches at Fenwick right now since the majority of their athletic programs are a train wreck. The 6'10" dude is going to Wright State, let's not pretend he's some big time Power 5 player. He might have been the best player in the league, but overall Fenwick did not have the best overall talent in the league. Moss was there 2 seasons, the first full of turmoil after the stupid decision to fire Kreke, the second was Covid. I wouldn't be fair to judge anyone's coaching ability under those circumstances. Good coaches struggle in tough situations everyday. Real life isn't a Disney movie where the underdog story always finds a way to win.
Amen to Fenwick being a train wreck. Except volleyball I can't think of a team at Fenwick that has a good coach or has any promise (not sure about football yet, they don't have any returning talent but let's see what the new coach is able to bring). If I had a kid looking at Fenwick I would encourage them to go anywhere else if they wanted to succeed in athletics. Badin, Alter or even Carroll are better options athletically. Too bad with them having the best facilities in the GCL.

Everybody he coached against dealt with Covid also. Also, he had talent beyond the 6’10 player. It wasn’t a great GCL North year either, although CJ had a great finish.

Amen to Fenwick being a train wreck. Except volleyball I can't think of a team at Fenwick that has a good coach or has any promise (not sure about football yet, they don't have any returning talent but let's see what the new coach is able to bring). If I had a kid looking at Fenwick I would encourage them to go anywhere else if they wanted to succeed in athletics. Badin, Alter or even Carroll are better options athletically. Too bad with them having the best facilities in the GCL.
What happened to the girl’s soccer coach? They had some serious success.

I recently saw a tweet to welcome the "new" Fenwick head coaches for the upcoming school year. I believe there were 8 of them. Holy cow what the heck happened. I think I counted 21 athletic teams on their website and still looking for two other coaches. That's half of the staff. WOW,LOL.

I’m a Monroe alumni 2012 but the problem with Middletown isn’t coaching it’s their best players can’t keep their heads on strait. They’d rather be selling drugs on the streets than play sports. That’s been the problem for the last 10 years. Same goes for their piss poor football team. A school as big as Middletown should be competitive every year but the star players get arrested for drugs or expelled from school there for that’s why they struggle.