Miami Valley League 2021-22

Are NWWarrior and LetsGoBig GWOC??? I dunno... just asking. All they did was give an opinion as to why the MVL did not do good in the tourney and that they do not like the MVL setup. I don't like it either......

I'm not mad at the MVL and I am not sure who you think my team is. If you are referring to Wayne though they did not flop in the tourney and they surpassed my expectations of what they did this season. I had them as a .500 team and losing in Sectionals. Just so you know I follow the MAC and SCAL schools as well as the GWOC schools plus Sidney, Troy, and Piqua.

So basically you are admitting that you were stooping to the level of the posters on here you were complaining about by stating non truths?

I had said several times that the GWOC was way down outside of Centerville and Fairmont and that is why I was shocked by how easily the GWOC teams dismantled the MVL schools. To me, that shows how down the MVL was as well.
It shows what happens when schools with 800+ boys play schools with 400 boys.

Just stating people get getting on here saying stupid stuff about the MVL and then you came along and proved me right on that. Thanks.

It shows what happens when schools with 800+ boys play schools with 400 boys.

Just stating people get getting on here saying stupid stuff about the MVL and then you came along and proved me right on that. Thanks.

and yet one of those schools of 400 boys defeated a school of 1300 boys. No, it only showed that the MVL could not compete for whatever reason. Other schools of similar size fared much better against schools larger than them.

you don't like my opinions so you call them stupid. That is all I need to know about you. I give facts while you give false truths.... once again, that is all I need to know about you.

and yet one of those schools of 400 boys defeated a school of 1300 boys. No, it only showed that the MVL could not compete for whatever reason. Other schools of similar size fared much better against schools larger than them.

you don't like my opinions so you call them stupid. That is all I need to know about you. I give facts while you give false truths.... once again, that is all I need to know about you.
One school one just one.

Heck that changes everything. My bad one school did well.

One school. Just one.

Therefore the other 20 are meaningless. I can give you 20 examples and you can give one and so then another fool says you win.

The MAC is overrated. Why? One of their teams didnt do well. The others are did but Vamps just needs one example and its a FACT. HAHAHA!!!!

Facts? Almost chocked on my lunch reading that one.

Last edited:
One school one just one.

Heck that changes everything. My bad one school did well.

One school. Just one.

Therefore the other 20 are meaningless. I can give you 20 examples and you can give one and so then another fool says you win.

The MAC is overrated. Why? One of their teams didnt do well. The others are did but Vamps just needs one example and its a FACT. HAHAHA!!!!

Facts? Almost chocked on my lunch reading that one.

You want another one..... Walnut Hills, smaller school but beat one of the top D1 teams in Cinci in Princeton in the tourney. Also made it to the District Finals. I can keep going... once again, I state facts while you stoop to insults. Please don't respond as I can be done with this thread and move on.

You want another one..... Walnut Hills, smaller school but beat one of the top D1 teams in Cinci in Princeton in the tourney. Also made it to the District Finals. I can keep going... once again, I state facts while you stoop to insults. Please don't respond as I can be done with this thread and move on.
You mean the school that is DI in football? You are comparing them to the D2 and D3 schools in the MVL? :D :D :D

If this is the true MVL expectation - which I agree with - then you need to spread the word around to your fellow MVL parents that their kids will not get Division 1 scholarships, because that seems to be almost every parent's belief.

A parent said that the Sports vs. Life Balance was so out of control at her son's high school because a coach told the team that if you want to be really good, you have to do the extras on your own, i.e. workout, get extra training/coaching when possible, play on good clubs outside the school team, etc.

Oh! The horror!
I dont know what you are talking about.

You mean the school that is DI in football? You are comparing them to the D2 and D3 schools in the MVL? :D :D :D

Turpin is not D1 in football. If you are referring to Walnut Hills, I am referring to Turpin beating Walnut Hills as another school that they defeated bigger than them. A very quality D1 school that defeated Princeton in a tourney.

I'm ready to leave this alone but you keep it going.....

Feels like there are two separate arguments. The first is should the MVL and GWOC be in the same tournament? I don't believe they should and have posted the data about it. The second argument is about the quality of the MVL overall. Well, by any metric, the MVL was awful this year. It went something like 7-38 in the nonconference. Some of those losses were to GWOC teams, but the CBC also went 5-2 against the MVL. The best non-conference MVL win was probably Tipp beat Oakwood by 3 in the tournament.

Feels like there are two separate arguments. The first is should the MVL and GWOC be in the same tournament? I don't believe they should and have posted the data about it. The second argument is about the quality of the MVL overall. Well, by any metric, the MVL was awful this year. It went something like 7-38 in the nonconference. Some of those losses were to GWOC teams, but the CBC also went 5-2 against the MVL. The best non-conference MVL win was probably Tipp beat Oakwood by 3 in the tournament.

Are you saying that the MVL should be D2 or that they should have their own sectional assuring that 1 MVL school makes it to the District Final Game?

I believe one would want the top 3 teams in the Miami Valley regardless of what league they are in in the District Finals. Right now, it is set up that way.

Turpin is not D1 in football. If you are referring to Walnut Hills, I am referring to Turpin beating Walnut Hills as another school that they defeated bigger than them. A very quality D1 school that defeated Princeton in a tourney.

I'm ready to leave this alone but you keep it going.....
You have ONE example. ONE example is all you got. If you want to leave then take off. Your reasons are terrible. I can do this all year if you want. Go to the GWOC thread and complain about Wayne more and leave the MVL alone. If you were talking about Turpin the say them. You said Walnut Hills.

You have ONE example. ONE example is all you got. If you want to leave then take off. Your reasons are terrible. I can do this all year if you want. Go to the GWOC thread and complain about Wayne more and leave the MVL alone. If you were talking about Turpin the say them. You said Walnut Hills.

You want more examples of what? Teams that Turpin defeated who are D1 in football or Teams that are not D1 in football that defeated teams that were? Or smaller schools that beat schools much bigger than them? Either way, I can go on and on and on.....

I'll leave when you stop responding to my post.

It is great to see ButlerParent smashing her keyboard while ingesting banna floats at airline dairy creme screaming at the clouds. Get calm ButlerParent.

You want more examples of what? Teams that Turpin defeated who are D1 in football or Teams that are not D1 in football that defeated teams that were? Or smaller schools that beat schools much bigger than them? Either way, I can go on and on and on.....

I'll leave when you stop responding to my post.
You going to be here long time then.

For every example you have I have 10 proving your wrong. Case closed. Game over. Go to GWOC thread and complain about Wayne more and leave us alone on here.

It is great to see ButlerParent smashing her keyboard while ingesting banna floats at airline dairy creme screaming at the clouds. Get calm ButlerParent.
Your shift at Shell over with already? Havent seen you in forever. Figured your parents stopped paying for the internet.

You going to be here long time then.

For every example you have I have 10 proving your wrong. Case closed. Game over. Go to GWOC thread and complain about Wayne more and leave us alone on here.

OMG, your a woman???? That explains everything..... Shake your head and get that Soccer Mom mentality out of it.

You stated that the MVL schools could not compete with the GWOC schools because of the discrepancy of enrollment numbers. I gave examples of smaller schools defeating bigger schools so I guess enrollment numbers are not the end all. It has to do with great coaching and attitude of the program. If the MVL coaches share your attitude they will never succeed.

Two MAC schools defeated St. Mary's. St. Mary's was 2 and a half times bigger than Marion Local. Sidney is 80% larger than St. Mary's yet St. Mary's defeated Sidney at Sidney. The ratio of enrollment of Marion Local to St. Mary's is equivalent of Butler defeating a school with just over 1000 boys. St. Mary's went pretty far in the tourney, Marion Local did not. That mean, there were plenty of other small D4 schools that would of whipped up on bigger schools given the chance.

I doubt there is a GWOC thread and my opinions about Wayne does not matter on this thread. Since you brought them up, I would gather that 30% of the enrollment at Wayne is not even eligible to play sports while at Butler it is probably 100% eligible. Meaning, eligible enrollment of the two schools are basically the same. The reason why the future of this Country is crap is because of the over sheltering that parent like you do to the kids. Instead of a work habit that improves performance you go for making the competition less and less until one succeeds. Back arse way of thinking and that is probably why the MVL does not succeed.

OMG, your a woman???? That explains everything..... Shake your head and get that Soccer Mom mentality out of it.

You stated that the MVL schools could not compete with the GWOC schools because of the discrepancy of enrollment numbers. I gave examples of smaller schools defeating bigger schools so I guess enrollment numbers are not the end all. It has to do with great coaching and attitude of the program. If the MVL coaches share your attitude they will never succeed.

Two MAC schools defeated St. Mary's. St. Mary's was 2 and a half times bigger than Marion Local. Sidney is 80% larger than St. Mary's yet St. Mary's defeated Sidney at Sidney. The ratio of enrollment of Marion Local to St. Mary's is equivalent of Butler defeating a school with just over 1000 boys. St. Mary's went pretty far in the tourney, Marion Local did not. That mean, there were plenty of other small D4 schools that would of whipped up on bigger schools given the chance.

I doubt there is a GWOC thread and my opinions about Wayne does not matter on this thread. Since you brought them up, I would gather that 30% of the enrollment at Wayne is not even eligible to play sports while at Butler it is probably 100% eligible. Meaning, eligible enrollment of the two schools are basically the same. The reason why the future of this Country is crap is because of the over sheltering that parent like you do to the kids. Instead of a work habit that improves performance you go for making the competition less and less until one succeeds. Back arse way of thinking and that is probably why the MVL does not succeed.
So proud of you Vamps!!

At the very least Division 1 in basketball should be the same as in football. You could then distribute the rest of the schools into three divisions even though they would be much bigger than they are currently. Or just add a 5th division comprised of the D1 football schools.

There are 121 D1 basketball schools that are D2 in football. None of them have won a state title in the last decade. In SW Ohio, I believe only 3 of the last 40 (10 years worth) of district champions have come from D2 football schools. The argument is that enrollment doesn't matter in basketball because you only need five guys. The data does not support that assertion.

I'll bump this post and update that 2009 was the last D2 football sized school to win the D1 basketball championship (that was Northland, who was basically a collection of Columbus' best players). We're up to 41 out of the last 44 district champions in the SW District being D1 football sized schools despite there being an equal number of D1 and D2 football schools in SW D1 basketball.

If I were a woman, it would the only one talking to you.

Yeah, the sun shines on a dogs rear every now and then. Overall, the size of the schools matters and you have to be a complete fool to sit here and keep telling us to play bigger schools so that will fix everything in the tourney. I mean, this is real earth is flat stuff here.

No there isnt a good GWOC thread which is why you guys come in here and ruin this one. Keep reaching with eligibility and stuff though. I guess if you come up with enough excuses you will start to believe them and you have.

I'll bump this post and update that 2009 was the last D2 football sized school to win the D1 basketball championship (that was Northland, who was basically a collection of Columbus' best players). We're up to 41 out of the last 44 district champions in the SW District being D1 football sized schools despite there being an equal number of D1 and D2 football schools in SW D1 basketball.
But but but Turpin made a run this year so none of this matters LOL!!!! At this is what Vamps wants us to believe. According to him your 41 out of the last 44 means nothing because Turpin beat Princeton. :LOL: Oh and two MAC schools beat bigger schools so 41 out of 44 is worthless. Just 93% of the time the big schools win it but Turpin beat Princeton so that carries far more weight. :ROFLMAO:

If I were a woman, it would the only one talking to you.

Yeah, the sun shines on a dogs rear every now and then. Overall, the size of the schools matters and you have to be a complete fool to sit here and keep telling us to play bigger schools so that will fix everything in the tourney. I mean, this is real earth is flat stuff here.

No there isnt a good GWOC thread which is why you guys come in here and ruin this one. Keep reaching with eligibility and stuff though. I guess if you come up with enough excuses you will start to believe them and you have.

So all women think alike, got it. Oh, and if someone does not think like you then cancel, cancel, cancel baby..... I know your type.

The size of the school matters if everything else is equal. We are talking about 5 kids on the court. If one can't find 5 quality athletes at a school the size of Butler, with the resources that Butler offers, and the $$$ that the parents have and there are likely two parents for most kids at Butler then there is something wrong with Butler. As for playing larger schools, I can care less if the MVL plays larger schools or not. I just stated that they should have more non-conference games then what they currently have. As for the tournament draw, Sidney did not play a GWOC school and lost, Piqua did not play a GWOC school and lost. West Carrollton has the choice of playing another MVL school in the first round but they chose to play Wayne instead. Butler could of chose a bye in the first round. Instead they chose to play Springboro a very young team starting freshman and sophomores. Butler got beat badly by likely the worse GWOC team.

As for excuses, it is you that are using them. Instead of using it as a challenge you are using it as an excuse. Not every school wins state and that what makes winning state a big deal. There is no excuse why a school like Butler could not beat Springboro that is way way down. None at all. No excuse why Sidney could not beat Lebanon, no excuse for why Piqua could not beat Tecumseh.

You are trying to use enrollment numbers as your reasoning but yet the MVL schools are much bigger and yet the MVL kicked them out. Trotwood beat and dominated most MVL schools. It seems like it is not enrollment numbers but programs that consistently beat MVL schools. Just get together with your like minded buddies and convince the MVL to not enter into the state tourney, have your own league tourney and crown the winner the state champion and all the other teams gets a nice fancy participation trophy!!!!!

So all women think alike, got it. Oh, and if someone does not think like you then cancel, cancel, cancel baby..... I know your type.

The size of the school matters if everything else is equal. We are talking about 5 kids on the court. If one can't find 5 quality athletes at a school the size of Butler, with the resources that Butler offers, and the $$$ that the parents have and there are likely two parents for most kids at Butler then there is something wrong with Butler. As for playing larger schools, I can care less if the MVL plays larger schools or not. I just stated that they should have more non-conference games then what they currently have. As for the tournament draw, Sidney did not play a GWOC school and lost, Piqua did not play a GWOC school and lost. West Carrollton has the choice of playing another MVL school in the first round but they chose to play Wayne instead. Butler could of chose a bye in the first round. Instead they chose to play Springboro a very young team starting freshman and sophomores. Butler got beat badly by likely the worse GWOC team.

As for excuses, it is you that are using them. Instead of using it as a challenge you are using it as an excuse. Not every school wins state and that what makes winning state a big deal. There is no excuse why a school like Butler could not beat Springboro that is way way down. None at all. No excuse why Sidney could not beat Lebanon, no excuse for why Piqua could not beat Tecumseh.

You are trying to use enrollment numbers as your reasoning but yet the MVL schools are much bigger and yet the MVL kicked them out. Trotwood beat and dominated most MVL schools. It seems like it is not enrollment numbers but programs that consistently beat MVL schools. Just get together with your like minded buddies and convince the MVL to not enter into the state tourney, have your own league tourney and crown the winner the state champion and all the other teams gets a nice fancy participation trophy!!!!!
Oh my god you are insane. You get on here and tell an entire conference what to do and when we dont agree you say we cancel? Come on bro, you are just reaching so hard now. This is just now getting sad.

The size of the school matters period. Butler is in division 3 for a reason. They dont play X and Centerville in the football playoffs for a reason. The have divisions in all sports for a reason. Its because the size of the school matters. 41 of 44 my man, 41 of 44.

41 of 44 you didnt talk about that. Completely ignored that one.

41 of 44

Nothing else to say 41 of 44. Gave over!!!