Miami Valley League 2021-22

Yellow_Jacket06

Not much talk on here yet. Everyone has played at least one game aside from Piqua, Tipp and Stebbins.

Troy (1-0) - W 54-37 over Greenville
Butler (0-1) - L 60-41 to Springfield Shawnee
Greenville (0-2) - L 46-32 to Arcanum

Sidney (1-0) - W 59-32 over Fairborn
West Carrollton (1-0) - W 76-64 over Xenia
Fairborn (0-2) - L 83-48 to Beavercreek
Xenia (0-2) - L 73-53 to Springboro

Hard to tell how good any team is with the limited number of out of conference games.

Nothing against Sidney, but they're undefeated by beating three teams with a combined 1-9 record.

I dislike this league. Why play 18 league games?

Stanley Clyne of Tipp might be the best player in the MVL. Just a Junior and he’s averaging 21.5 points a game In Tipp’s first two games. He’s shooting over 71% from the floor

Sidney's pretty decent but short on depth this year. Knew it was going to be a problem and apparently already has been. Suffered first loss last night, OT at Xenia, and didn't have Spradling. Without him and the younger Davis, they're basically down to 6 players.

Looking at the early results, who knows who's going to win this thing. I do think you can safely say with the exception of Tipp in D2, it's going to be tough for anybody to get as far as a sectional final.

Sidney beat Troy 64-55. Fun game. Both good teams. Trojans certainly capable of winning round 2 in Troy. But this Sidney group if a fun one to watch.

Took in the Piqua vs Stebbins game last night, now make no mistake I'm not as well versed in Basketball as I am football. But I have watched Piqua basketball teams for more then a handful of years, with that said this new Piqua coach has brought something I haven't seen before. They was attacking the basket and if they had a chance to take a shot from the floor they just pulled it up. For many years it seemed like the coaches didn't just want them taking the shot unless they was convinced they could make it. This team last night was going after it, now I don't know how much to take away from the fact that it was Stebbins because I don't know how good or not good they are.

Sidney wins with a shot before the buzzer on the road at Tecumseh 56-55 to go to 6-1. Big MVL measuring stick game with Tipp next week.

Is it time to.kick Fairborn out of the MVL? Both basketball teams are winless. All other sports are bad. What is going on there?
Who do you replace them with? Gotta have an even number of schools in the league. Fairborn does seem to be down real bad right now for a school of their size

Who do you replace them with? Gotta have an even number of schools in the league. Fairborn does seem to be down real bad right now for a school of their size
They also don't field JV teams, or competitive ones if they do have them in sports. Their Athletic Program is in horrible shape.

It is like the opposite of what happened to Trotwood. The Rams, however, were dominating in a couple sports and sucked in all the others.

Sidney takes the Tipp rematch 45-42.

Gets a little funky when deciding the MVL champion. Both WC games were cancelled for Sidney and Tipp still has 4 conference games left. What happens if they finish 16-2 and 14-2? Doesn't seem fair to either team.

Friday Night Final - Sidney 67 Greenville 50. Sidney finishes 18-4 and clinches a share of the Miami Valley League Championship! Congrats Jackets!

No sharing for Sidney anymore. Tipp somehow loses to Greenville by 9 in their last regular season game.

Loss gives Jackets sole possession of MVL title. Both Sidney boys and girls were sole champs. Congrats!

No sharing for Sidney anymore. Tipp somehow loses to Greenville by 9 in their last regular season game.

Loss gives Jackets sole possession of MVL title. Both Sidney boys and girls were sole champs. Congrats!
Really surprised Tipp lost to Greenville. More surprised today when I saw the Facebook post that said the boys were sole champions. Has to be a big blow to Tipp's ego.

Good season but it just ended on a buzzer beater by Lebanon in the first round. Not that it matters considering they would have ran into Centerville anyway.

Just an opinion and i am sure this will not be liked, but this has to be one of the worst big school leagues in the state. In both boys and girls basketball, the teams win a bunch of games and struggle in the tournament (outside of tipp). I guess maybe it is because they went from GWOC to this.

Just an opinion and i am sure this will not be liked, but this has to be one of the worst big school leagues in the state. In both boys and girls basketball, the teams win a bunch of games and struggle in the tournament (outside of tipp). I guess maybe it is because they went from GWOC to this.
This take is correct. 18 game league schedule in a league with a lot of smaller D1 and a couple D2 schools is not conducive to being successful in the tournament in D1. Several of these schools are also playing few if any GWOC (or equivalent or better) D1 opponents with those 4 non-league games, and several are often scheduling CBC and TRC opponents with those few non-league games. They are highly unprepared to play bigger D1 opponents in the tournament.

This take is correct. 18 game league schedule in a league with a lot of smaller D1 and a couple D2 schools is not conducive to being successful in the tournament in D1. Several of these schools are also playing few if any GWOC (or equivalent or better) D1 opponents with those 4 non-league games, and several are often scheduling CBC and TRC opponents with those few non-league games. They are highly unprepared to play bigger D1 opponents in the tournament.
Seriously bad take here. MVL is a bunch of D2 and D3 teams in football. They are half the size of the GWOC schools. They are not a DI league. GWOC would love to play them and beat up on school much smaller. Did that for years.