Mentor Football 2022

Figured it would be , but wanted to confirm

Looking like Solon will be locked into the GCC for one more year too ? If so , schedule is done

Hoping once they move on that Ignatius can be moved to the gap later on in schedule when Solon leaves. Then hopefully get at least one loca public with the gaps in weeks 1-3
Avon and Mentor have been trying and can never find the matching date. I have to believe it will happen at some point. It would be a good series. I have to believe Ignatius could be moved to later in the Mentor schedule so they can accommodate a Solon, Avon, Riverside, Hudson or some other school locked into league schedules after Week 3. Anyway, congrats on another great season! 2023 looks promising for the Cards.

Avon and Mentor have been trying and can never find the matching date. I have to believe it will happen at some point. It would be a good series. I have to believe Ignatius could be moved to later in the Mentor schedule so they can accommodate a Solon, Avon, Riverside, Hudson or some other school locked into league schedules after Week 3. Anyway, congrats on another great season! 2023 looks promising for the Cards.
Yeah ideally Ignatius would be plugged in later if the GCC stays at 7 teams. Makes the most sense to have weeks 1-3 open

I'm sure local publics are first priority but a school like Avon or other publics would be good after that. Jackson fits this category as well for the next 2 years

Pohto had one of the best, if not THE best, seasons in the secondary at Mentor since the loaded 2003 group. Throw in his value to the team in the return game, and he probably is the most deserving choice as the one true First Team All-Ohio player on the team. Good for him. I enjoyed watching him play this season. He will be sorely missed.

As far as irreplaceable players go from this senior class, I think the first two you start with are Pohto and Snow. Geduldig and Orosz are my next choices. Vernon and Stapleton are in the next tier.

All in all, I echo my praise for the senior class. They ended up showing more this season than I expected. This defense would’ve been good enough to win state titles with some of the potent offenses under Triv.

Jackson is a 2 year deal. At Mentor in 2024.
Also looks like Solon is locked into the GCC for one more year. All the GCC teams are on their schedule and we appeared week 6 on arbiter after not being there for awhile

Sadly they have Strongsville and Shaker in weeks 2 and 3 and could be positioning to keep them after leaving the GCC

Looks to me like Solon is going to stop playing Mentor and play down. Sad to see

Congratulations and thank you to Coach Funk for his years of support and service to the Mentor High School football program.

Who might fill his shoes next season?

Congratulations and thank you to Coach Funk for his years of support and service to the Mentor High School football program.

I wonder if Gray will go a different direction outside of Mentor? Or if he promoted from within, who are we looking at?

I'll echo the congratulations here!

My hope for the new DC would be someone from outside the program who has had success at a high level and could inject some new energy into the defense. I am pretty indifferent to scheme, but I would look for someone who emphasizes great (and safe) tackling and a disciplined run defense. Who/what should be on our coach wish list?