Mentor Football 2022

I think Eds is clearly better than both but yes I think Medina is a tier above Mentor. Their defense sucks but the offense is electric. I wouldn't call ours that even though Snow has improved it Medina won't win vs competent defensive teams but we aren't that.
Medina’s offense is good. Mentor made them look better than they were. Bottom line is in that game their defense scored a TD when the ball was dropped at the feet of a d-lineman and if not for that it was a one score game. If you look at the stats of that game you would have to say that Mentors offense is electric too because Fox threw for more yards, Mentor had more total yards on offense, they rushed for more yards and Fox threw less interceptions than that kid. As I said earlier, Mentors offense statistically was as good or better. They just didn’t have 5 plays that went for 50 yards plus because as bad as Medinas defense is it’s still not coached by Funk, so maybe they didn’t have that “electric” feel. If Scotty takes care of the ball they can sore with or out score Medina. Medina has no answer for Snow and when they double and triple him Stapleton will be wide open like he was often in the first match up and pretty much every week since Snow moved to offense. I’m at every game, they literally have 3 guys following snow while whatever receiver that’s on his side is running around unattended to.

Medina’s offense is good. Mentor made them look better than they were. Bottom line is in that game their defense scored a TD when the ball was dropped at the feet of a d-lineman and if not for that it was a one score game. If you look at the stats of that game you would have to say that Mentors offense is electric too because Fox threw for more yards, Mentor had more total yards on offense, they rushed for more yards and Fox threw less interceptions than that kid. As I said earlier, Mentors offense statistically was as good or better. They just didn’t have 5 plays that went for 50 yards plus because as bad as Medinas defense is it’s still not coached by Funk, so maybe they didn’t have that “electric” feel. If Scotty takes care of the ball they can sore with or out score Medina. Medina has no answer for Snow and when they double and triple him Stapleton will be wide open like he was often in the first match up and pretty much every week since Snow moved to offense. I’m at every game, they literally have 3 guys following snow while whatever receiver that’s on his side is running around unattended to.
I've seen multiple games of Medina and I've seen Mentor live all but one game. And saw that on YouTube after. I don't put them at medinas level for offense

I've been at most games for 30 years man. I don't agree with you but you seeing every game while your kid is on roster isn't going to convince me. I see them too

I've seen multiple games of Medina and I've seen Mentor live all but one game. And saw that on YouTube after. I don't put them at medinas level for offense

I've been at most games for 30 years man. I don't agree with you but you seeing every game while your kid is on roster isn't going to convince me. I see them too

The past 30 years are really not relevant to whether this years Mentor offense can compete with this years Medina offense. If we’re discussing the comparisons of past Mentor offenses verses this years then I guess that would matter, but we’re not. We’re talking about 2 offenses that are pretty good. Neither one being electric and neither one is much, if any better than the other.

The past 30 years are really not relevant to whether this years Mentor offense can compete with this years Medina offense. If we’re discussing the comparisons of past Mentor offenses verses this years then I guess that would matter, but we’re not. We’re talking about 2 offenses that are pretty good. Neither one being electric and neither one is much, if any better than the other.
You mentioned that you've seen every game which is why I brought that up. Doesn't mean much when you are talking to a guy that goes to every game and doesn't just check in for one or two years.

I don't think this Mentor offense is as good as Medina. You disagree probably because you've only seen Medina play vs Mentor this year . Their QB was leading the nation in passing yards too btw. I'd say Medina has been pretty darn good on offense all year. We've been very up and down.

You mentioned that you've seen every game which is why I brought that up. Doesn't mean much when you are talking to a guy that goes to every game and doesn't just check in for one or two years.

I don't think this Mentor offense is as good as Medina. You disagree probably because you've only seen Medina play vs Mentor this year . Their QB was leading the nation in passing yards too btw. I'd say Medina has been pretty darn good on offense all year. We've been very up and down.
Lol. Now you know how many Mentor games I’ve seen or been to?? You seem as tho you just like to argue. You have no clue how many games I e been to. I’ve been watching and following Mentor for many years. You think Medina is amazing and that’s great. I think they’re good and will get beat by mentor and obliterated by a great team. Great or “electric” offenses don’t get stomped out by good teams. There’s a kid playing at Penn St that played QB at Medina last year, look what Ed’s did to them last year. He’ll look what Mentor did to him his Junior year in the playoffs. That kid that’s throwing the ball 70 times a game against average to below average defenses is not gonna make anyone forget Allar. Medina will do exactly what Mentor is going to do which is beat everyone in the playoffs until they play a real defense.

Lol. Now you know how many Mentor games I’ve seen or been to?? You seem as tho you just like to argue. You have no clue how many games I e been to. I’ve been watching and following Mentor for many years. You think Medina is amazing and that’s great. I think they’re good and will get beat by mentor and obliterated by a great team. Great or “electric” offenses don’t get stomped out by good teams. There’s a kid playing at Penn St that played QB at Medina last year, look what Ed’s did to them last year. He’ll look what Mentor did to him his Junior year in the playoffs. That kid that’s throwing the ball 70 times a game against average to below average defenses is not gonna make anyone forget Allar. Medina will do exactly what Mentor is going to do which is beat everyone in the playoffs until they play a real defense.
Again....you were the one who brought up being to every game as if it makes your opinion matter more. You are talking on the Mentor thread. I'm sure most people have seen every game this season.

How many Medina games have you seen?

I dont think Medina is amazing. I think they are better than Mentor though. Which kid on offense is yours ?

I've said plenty of times region 1 is down this year. Mentor is down too compared to their best teams. One of Mentors best teams would roll through this year's region 1. Eds is very good but even they aren't up to their best teams. Very down year in the region

I don’t want to get in the middle of this, but as an unbiased, outside perspective, I’ve seen both Mentor (1 with Snow at WR) and Medina play twice in person this season, and in my opinion Mentor’s offense can’t hold a candle to Medina’s.

Medina has 4 dudes at WR that can hurt you on any play, and Mentor has 1.5. The skill level of the two WR corps really isn’t comparable. That said, both defensives are Swiss cheese.

Could Mentor beat Medina in a rematch, absolutely. But Medina would have to play below average and Mentor would have to play very well offensively. I tend to agree with @MentorGrad2002 on this one.

Again....you were the one who brought up being to every game as if it makes your opinion matter more. You are talking on the Mentor thread. I'm sure most people have seen every game this season.

I dont think Medina is amazing. I think they are better than Mentor though. Which kid on offense is yours ?

I've said plenty of times region 1 is down this year. Mentor is down too compared to their best teams. One of Mentors best teams would roll through this year's region 1. Eds is very good but even they aren't up to their best teams. Very down year in the region
I applied then. I got the impression you thought Medinas offense was amazing. If you’re simply saying they’re good then I agree. I personally think Mentors offense is equal, that’s all I’m saying.
Doesn’t matter who my kid is. I’m objective regardless.

I applied then. I got the impression you thought Medinas offense was amazing. If you’re simply saying they’re good then I agree. I personally think Mentors offense is equal, that’s all I’m saying.
Doesn’t matter who my kid is. I’m objective regardless.
*I apologize

I’ll also throw this out then I’m gonna tap out. Outside of Avon (who Medina beat by a couple points) the other 7 teams they have played not named mentor have a combine total of 15 wins and one of them had 5 so essentially they have beat up on a bunch of 1-3 win teams.

I’ll also throw this out then I’m gonna tap out. Outside of Avon (who Medina beat by a couple points) the other 7 teams they have played not named mentor have a combine total of 15 wins and one of them had 5 so essentially they have beat up on a bunch of 1-3 win teams.
They beat us head to head by 14

They didn't lose to team Canada by 3 tds

They have swept the league which we both play in

They lost to Avon by a point. We barely beat riverside and beat McKinley who has fattened up on the fed. It's not like we have beaten a juggernaut schedule this season. Just being honest.

I think Medina is better. But no they aren't a juggernaut

I don’t want to get in the middle of this, but as an unbiased, outside perspective, I’ve seen both Mentor (1 with Snow at WR) and Medina play twice in person this season, and in my opinion Mentor’s offense can’t hold a candle to Medina’s.

Medina has 4 dudes at WR that can hurt you on any play, and Mentor has 1.5. The skill level of the two WR corps really isn’t comparable. That said, both defensives are Swiss cheese.

Could Mentor beat Medina in a rematch, absolutely. But Medina would have to play below average and Mentor would have to play very well offensively. I tend to agree with @MentorGrad2002 on this one.
Medinas receivers are very good. I’ll give you that. I just tend to think they kinda got fat on crappy teams. I personally believe Mentors defense is a little better tho. Not much but a little.
At the end of the day I don’t think either team is noticeably better than the other. If they played again I would expect it to be another close game.

They beat us head to head by 14

They didn't lose to team Canada by 3 tds

They have swept the league which we both play in

They lost to Medina by a point. We barely beat riverside and beat McKinley who has fattened up on the fed. It's not like we have beaten a juggernaut schedule this season. Just being honest
I agree. I’m not saying we’re all that great. I’m just saying I think we’re very equal to Medina and if they played again I think it would be a very good game. I actually hope that happens but if things stay the same Medina would have to beat Ed’s to see mentor in the playoffs…. And I think we all agree that’s not happening.

I agree. I’m not saying we’re all that great. I’m just saying I think we’re very equal to Medina and if they played again I think it would be a very good game. I actually hope that happens but if things stay the same Medina would have to beat Ed’s to see mentor in the playoffs…. And I think we all agree that’s not happening.
If Medina beats Solon they'll jump us to 2

I don't get how you are acting like we played a stacked schedule while saying they beat up on chumps

We play in the same league. That's 4 common opponents plus each other right there. Avon is very good on their schedule. Wadsworth is same quality as both McKinley and Riverside types. We lost by 3 tds vs Canada.

Iggy is a name but they are down compared to their past just like us.

Looking out of conference, Avon is better than any team we played this year imo

If Medina beats Solon they'll jump us to 2

I don't get how you are acting like we played a stacked schedule while saying they beat up on chumps

We play in the same league. That's 4 common opponents plus each other right there. Avon is very good on their schedule. Wadsworth is same quality as both McKinley and Riverside types. We lost by 3 tds vs Canada.

Iggy is a name but they are down compared to their past just like us.

Looking out of conference, Avon is better than any team we played this year imo
Never said we played a stacked schedule. I’m not even sure where you got that. Because I simply pointed out that Medina has played garbage all year??? Take a breath dude. We have both played trash teams. My argument for the 15th time is simply that I don’t believe Medina is much if any better than Mentor. That’s it. And Medina has done nothing in my opinion to prove they’re much better including beating us at their place. You keep saying they won by 14 but if you were there or watched it on YouTube surely you could figure out that the game was a lot closer than the score indicated.

Never said we played a stacked schedule. I’m not even sure where you got that. Because I simply pointed out that Medina has played garbage all year??? Take a breath dude. We have both played trash teams. My argument for the 15th time is simply that I don’t believe Medina is much if any better than Mentor. That’s it. And Medina has done nothing in my opinion to prove they’re much better including beating us at their place. You keep saying they won by 14 but if you were there or watched it on YouTube surely you could figure out that the game was a lot closer than the score indicated.
I'm breathing just fine man. You have said you are done a couple times now. Best to just say I don't agree with you

I'm breathing just fine man. You have said you are done a couple times now. Best to just say I don't agree with you
Actually said I was done once but you continue to insinuate that I’m implying something that I’m not. I’ll make it as clear as I possibly can one more time then I am done.
1) Medina is good, not great
2) Mentor is good, relative to region 1
3) Medina is not scary and i guarantee you Mentor is not afraid to see them again.
4) Mentor “could” beat Medina and they could lose to them. There’s a lot of parity between the two.
5) Ed’s would destroy them both.
if you disagree with that then so be it but let’s be sure what you’re disagreeing with cause half of what you’re arguing I’ve already conceded.

I don’t think Mentor will beat Medina, but I think they can if a couple things go their way.

But let’s see what path they get. Mentor could get stuck playing Ignatius first. That will be a challenge, though I would believe it’s close to a 50/50 matchup.

The first round is exhibition for top region 1 schools. We are talking overall path

Teams 9-16 shouldn't count as playoff games. Ohsaa butchered that

Granted. I was referring to the post which said that there was a possibility of the two teams meeting in the first round, although it might not have been serious.

Granted. I was referring to the post which said that there was a possibility of the two teams meeting in the first round, although it might not have been serious.
cardz did say could play Ignatius first but he wasn't talking first round. He was talking potential path before getting to Medina talking about round 2

Based on the #'s and games going as they should below will be the seeding.....

1. Ed's 2. Medina 3. Mentor 4. Heights 5. Ignatius 6.McKinley 7. Wadsworth 8. Jackson 9. Berea 10. Elyria 11. John Marshall 12. Glen Oak
13. Lorain 14. Brunswick 15. Strongsville 16. Stowe

Brunswick/Strongsville winner will be 14, loser will be 15
If Ignatius loses to Canada, they will be 6 and McK will be 5
I’m not sure how the points work….. would beating a D-2 6 win Solon team be enough to jump them back to 2? Does it matter what the score is or would they just need to beat them?

Based on the #'s and games going as they should below will be the seeding.....

1. Ed's 2. Medina 3. Mentor 4. Heights 5. Ignatius 6.McKinley 7. Wadsworth 8. Jackson 9. Berea 10. Elyria 11. John Marshall 12. Glen Oak
13. Lorain 14. Brunswick 15. Strongsville 16. Stowe

Brunswick/Strongsville winner will be 14, loser will be 15
If Ignatius loses to Canada, they will be 6 and McK will be 5
Based on this projection, Mentor would play:
1st round: Brunswick/Strongsville winner from this week
2nd round: Canton McKinley most likely (Iggy if they lose to Clarkson)
3rd round: Medina if they advance from their quarter bracket
4th round: Eds if they advance to the R1D1 championship

Looks like an ideal draw if Iggy can beat Clarkson.

Based on this projection, Mentor would play:
1st round: Brunswick/Strongsville winner from this week
2nd round: Canton McKinley most likely (Iggy if they lose to Clarkson)
3rd round: Medina if they advance from their quarter bracket
4th round: Eds if they advance to the R1D1 championship

Looks like an ideal draw if Iggy can beat Clarkson.
With this draw, I can see the Cards going to round 3, maybe 4. I know the playoffs are not what they used to be, but if they can end the season with an 8-4 or 9-4 record, I think that could give them some good momentum going into the offseason. I know many previous Mentor teams would have loved to have this new format and it would be interesting to see how far some could have gone (the 2010 team comes to mind).

I’m not sure how the points work….. would beating a D-2 6 win Solon team be enough to jump them back to 2? Does it matter what the score is or would they just need to beat them?
The score doesn't matter for Harbin points. It's just if you win or lose. Win and it matters what the opponents record is and there are secondary points too.

Medina is guaranteed the 2 seed if they beat solon

Heck McKinley would be the 3 if they beat Massillon

McKinley would actually be the 2 if they beat Massillon
Joe eitel is showing Medina as a 26 max and McKinley as a 25 max if they win. Both would pass Mentor

Sure things can go completely one teams way when a point or so apart , but I'd like to see your math that has McKinley at 2 for sure. The max calculations say otherwise