Mentor Football 2022

While it wasn’t an opponent that was especially competitive, interesting, or a big gate (although it was a 6th home game) - it still stinks to lose any game and have to likely settle for a bye. Unless another big school Ohio program gets into a similar situation, I don’t see any likelihood of filling this game just three months away from Week 5. I wonder what changed St Francis’ mind?

The last time Mentor had a bye was 2007.

While it wasn’t an opponent that was especially competitive, interesting, or a big gate (although it was a 6th home game) - it still stinks to lose any game and have to likely settle for a bye. Unless another big school Ohio program gets into a similar situation, I don’t see any likelihood of filling this game just three months away from Week 5. I wonder what changed St Francis’ mind?

Thank God Cleveland HTS and Shaker Hts will be back on the schedule next year. I'm tired of these out of state teams punking out. First North Allegheny and now St Francis. Have no use for these types anymore.

Hopefully we can find 2 Ohio public schools to fill the 2 rotating spots going forward starting in 2023

North Allegheny stuck it to Mentor, now St. Francis sticks it to Mentor. I have said it on here before: when a team schedules and there is an agreement, barring a catastrophe, and they pull out, there needs to be a serious consequence. Period! That is B.S. when teams do that and leaves the other team out to dry.

North Allegheny stuck it to Mentor, now St. Francis sticks it to Mentor. I have said it on here before: when a team schedules and there is an agreement, barring a catastrophe, and they pull out, there needs to be a serious consequence. Period! That is B.S. when teams do that and leaves the other team out to dry.
Try to go find another game and move on!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

If Mentor can't find a replacement and has to go with a bye, that really sucks for the players. Hopefully scheduling gets easier and Mentor doesn't have to opt to play out of state teams with the coming additions to the conference.

Wahhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhh!!! Suck it up buttercup! There are far greater tragedies in life. Try to go find another game and move on!!!
Pretty hard to do in June ...

But you are calling people whiners in a thread you routinely troll like a loser. You do it plenty on here for many so it's ironic that you call out someone else for not having more to do ...Move on.

Last edited:
If Mentor can't find a replacement and has to go with a bye, that really sucks for the players. Hopefully scheduling gets easier and Mentor doesn't have to opt to play out of state teams with the coming additions to the conference.
That's the hope. Find 2 publics in Ohio instead of these out of state teams with no ethics

T
Ian Kipp is transferring to Case Western. Will get a good education there
Thats a great move for Kipp. He’ll likely start after this next season and be a three year starter. More important though, he’ll get a world class education that will set him up for his future career. He chose very well!!!

Try to go find another game and move on!!!
Nope. I completely disagree with you. Here's why: HONOR your commitment. Be a MAN OF YOUR word. This is what we teach kids. Or are supposed to teach kids. It's about character and integrity. Many have no idea what those mean or how to live by them.

Nope. I completely disagree with you. Here's why: HONOR your commitment. Be a MAN OF YOUR word. This is what we teach kids. Or are supposed to teach kids. It's about character and integrity. Many have no idea what those mean or how to live by them.
Don't even bother with him. He isn't a Mentor fan. He went to Columbus desales but has trolled Mentor, lake catholic , vasj and countless others on here.

Hard to take a guy seriously telling you to worry about more important things when he's trolling teams made up of 15-18 year old kids that he has nothing to do with on an Internet message board . He's the real loser.

And he doesn't even know that you aren't even from the state and are just commenting in general

Don't even bother with him. He isn't a Mentor fan. He went to Columbus desales but has trolled Mentor, lake catholic , vasj and countless others on here.

Hard to take a guy seriously telling you to worry about more important things when he's trolling teams made up of 15-18 year old kids that he has nothing to do with on an Internet message board . He's the real loser.

And he doesn't even know that you aren't even from the state and are just commenting in general
Got it. Thanks.

Troll all they want, they pay attention becuase they know we're worth keeping an eye on. Just watch our boys come out and stomp on the the throats of the competition this year. That's the best way to shut them up.

5-6 and losses to Brunswick and Solon is not exactly what I’d call stomping!!!!
Yeah tons of injuries and a bad year. First time ever losing to Brunswick. What's the Mentor record vs them again ?

Meanwhile you troll teams you have nothing to do with made up of 15-18 year old kids anonymously on a message board. What a loser

Lorain has backed out of its week nine game with Medina. The addition of Hts. and Shaker to the GCC can't come quick enough.
Are we sure about this ? hd is pretty reliable on this. But yes it will be good to have weeks 4-10 as in conference play once again. Was risky for you guys not to schedule out of conference weeks 1-5 and leaving 9 open

Mentor is now 15th in enrollment in D1 at 884. I'm not counting Eds as they are ahead because of 500 something in CB added on. Mentor has 0 in CB like usual.

Wadsworth and John Marshall join region 1. Solon and Shaker from GCC are D2 now.

Will be blended conference over multiple divisions just like the WRC,SWC, suburban,LEL, fed etc all are as well

Does anyone know a projected Depth Chart for the Cardinals in 22'-23'? I know it's early to be asking.

QB - Snow/Fox
RB - Waite/Burkholder (FB)
WR - Stapleton
WR - Jares
WR - ???
WR - ??? (I don't know if Fox/Snow can play WR while the other is QB)
LT - McClure
LG - ??? (I saw another post that O'Neil, Hines, Jonke were backups last year).
C - ???
RG - ???
RT - ???

I'd like to see Burkholder play some RB/FB (he had a few carries last year) and maybe put Vernon in to block as a TE (Triv did that with Potter a few times when he was a Senior). Hopefully the o-line has been working hard in the weight room, and I hope there's some underclassmen talent at WR.

DE - Vernon
NT - Lawson
DE - ???
OLB - Geudling
ILB - Orosz
ILB - Burkholder
OLB - ???
SS - Pohto
FS - Shelly
CB - ???
CB - ???

I'd like to see Vernon play DT. Are there any underclassmen D-linemen coming up? And I haven't heard anything about who is playing CB. If anyone can fill in the blanks I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know a projected Depth Chart for the Cardinals in 22'-23'? I know it's early to be asking.

QB - Snow/Fox
WR - Stapleton
WR - Jares
WR - ???
LT - McClure
C - ???
RG - ???
RT - ???

I'd like to see Burkholder play some RB/FB (he had a few carries last year) and maybe put Vernon in to block as a TE (Triv did that with Potter a few times when he was a Senior). Hopefully the o-line has been working hard in the weight room, and I hope there's some underclassmen talent at WR.

DE - Vernon
NT - Lawson
DE - ???
OLB - Geudling
ILB - Orosz
ILB - Burkholder
OLB - ???
SS - Pohto
FS - Shelly
CB - ???
CB - ???

I'd like to see Vernon play DT. Are there any underclassmen D-linemen coming up? And I haven't heard anything about who is playing CB. If anyone can fill in the blanks I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
There are definitely some underclassmen who will fill those empty slots on offense and defense. Cerny may fill in one of those WR slots.

O-Line is certainly a big question.

Vernon should be moved inside with a four man D-Line...finally.

There are definitely some underclassmen who will fill those empty slots on offense and defense. Cerny may fill in one of those WR slots.

O-Line is certainly a big question.

Vernon should be moved inside with a four man D-Line...finally.
I think everyone but Funk and Gray can see that is how Vernon should be used to maximize him, the defense, and the team. Maybe they will surprise us and make the necessary defensive adjustment.

QB - Snow/Fox
WR - Stapleton
WR - Jares
WR - ???
LT - McClure
C - ???
RG - ???
RT - ???

DE - Vernon
NT - Lawson
DE - ???
OLB - Geudling
ILB - Orosz
ILB - Burkholder
OLB - ???
SS - Pohto
FS - Shelly
CB - ???
CB - ???

First week of camp is half way over....any new of the open spots above being filled?

The order in which Vernon’s effectiveness could be maximized at the HS level:

1) Defensive tackle in a 4-3 (or 4-2 on 3rd and long)
2) Defensive end in a 4-3 (or 4-2)
3) Defensive end in a 3-4
4) Nose tackle in a 3-4

QB - Snow/Fox
WR - Stapleton
WR - Jares
WR - ???
LT - McClure
C - ???
RG - ???
RT - ???

DE - Vernon
NT - Lawson
DE - ???
OLB - Geudling
ILB - Orosz
ILB - Burkholder
OLB - ???
SS - Pohto
FS - Shelly
CB - ???
CB - ???

Snow looks to be taking most of the reps. There look to be quite a few players taking reps at receiver and back. Looking like there is some talent to choose from in the receiving and carrying ranks.

Snow looks to be taking most of the reps. There look to be quite a few players taking reps at receiver and back. Looking like there is some talent to choose from in the receiving and carrying ranks.
McKinley will be a good test to start the year. Don't put much stock into scrimmages as Mentor holds guys out sometimes and also tries different things.

Then again they really have the whole regular season now to experiment with things since the idiotic ohsaa made it so almost everyone makes the playoffs. Regular season means a lot less now in D1