Mentor Football 2022

Great to see Shaker Heights and Cleveland HTS joining in 2023-2024!

Will only need to fill 2 spots since Ignatius is every year.

As much as I'd love for the regular season series to continue, I do like the prospect of not having to potentially play both of the other region 1 powers twice in a season with the expanded playoffs (even though that outcome has only happened once from my recollection). The playoff games between the two schools have been the most memorable anyway, and both are probably hoping the expansion will lead to more local teams being willing to play them. It that doesn't bear fruit, then the AD's can always put the call in and re-kindle things.

You need fresh opponents. We have a 8 team GCC starting in 2023 so that makes 7 annual opponents. Ignatius out of conference makes that 8. I have zero interest in commiting to 9 of the 10 opponents being the same especially for Eds. No thanks

You need fresh opponents. We have a 8 team GCC starting in 2023 so that makes 7 annual opponents. Ignatius out of conference makes that 8. I have zero interest in commiting to 9 of the 10 opponents being the same especially for Eds. No thanks
Just play along (hypothetical): Ignatius out of no where drops you today. Would you prefer that Mentor: And below are your only choices!!
A. exchange Ed's for Ignatius.
B. exchange another team from Canada for Ignatius.
C. Exchange an Erie team for Ignatius.
D. take a bye every year in place of Ignatius.

Then your rational for your decision. All in fun, but curious. Thanks.

Just play along (hypothetical): Ignatius out of no where drops you today. Would you prefer that Mentor: And below are your only choices!!
A. exchange Ed's for Ignatius.
B. exchange another team from Canada for Ignatius.
C. Exchange an Erie team for Ignatius.
D. take a bye every year in place of Ignatius.

Then your rational for your decision. All in fun, but curious. Thanks.
If anything, we would drop Ignatius if we fell off and more teams would play us. So it isnt plausible.

My answer in this case though would be a local public school. The 8 team gcc makes it so we don't have to play Canada or PA teams anymore (I hope)

I think Grad is aware the future isn't very bright and why take a chance on losing twice to two playoffs teams. No question as Mentor slides more teams will be knocking to take their shot. They really don't need to play either school when they will see them in the playoffs. Only time will tell where ALL three programs end up in the next 5 years but Ed's is a title contender the next two and Ignatius with some new life, will be a power in the coming years. The Freshman class is loaded.

I think Grad is aware the future isn't very bright and why take a chance on losing twice to two playoffs teams. No question as Mentor slides more teams will be knocking to take their shot. They really don't need to play either school when they will see them in the playoffs. Only time will tell where ALL three programs end up in the next 5 years but Ed's is a title contender the next two and Ignatius with some new life, will be a power in the coming years. The Freshman class is loaded.
Not at all. I just want nothing to do with your dirty program which will always be the low of the low in how they do things whether you win or lose. If I had it my way , we'd never associate with you in any sport. Blunt enough for you ?

Your logic makes zero sense as the playoffs have expanded to double the teams where you have to be really bad to miss. Why would Mentor play privates like eds and Ignatius and Moeller and others before when therr were 8 but be scared to schedule them when there are 16 playoff spots ?

Now get out of our thread and keep your bs to the eds thread

Why the hate my little friend? This is why it's called a forum. Anyone can speak his or her mind. Grow up. Associate with me? You don't even know me. Jealousy is evil. Don't let it rule you. Which it does. For decades people have accused schools (including your own) of being dirty. If they were so dirty prove it. Bring the facts to OSHAA and let them hand down the proper ruling. Simple you/anyone can't. You can't stand when someone brings a point about Mentor that goes against your thoughts. Mentor has some great sports programs. You should be very proud. Instead of trying to insult other schools, getting mad at a poster making valid points, present your facts and let others comment. That's what a forum is for. Good luck to Mentor this year. I hope the program can keep a high level. It's good for ALL sports to have multiple local teams competing at the highest level.

Why the hate my little friend? This is why it's called a forum. Anyone can speak his or her mind. Grow up. Associate with me? You don't even know me. Jealousy is evil. Don't let it rule you. Which it does. For decades people have accused schools (including your own) of being dirty. If they were so dirty prove it. Bring the facts to OSHAA and let them hand down the proper ruling. Simple you/anyone can't. You can't stand when someone brings a point about Mentor that goes against your thoughts. Mentor has some great sports programs. You should be very proud. Instead of trying to insult other schools, getting mad at a poster making valid points, present your facts and let others comment. That's what a forum is for. Good luck to Mentor this year. I hope the program can keep a high level. It's good for ALL sports to have multiple local teams competing at the highest level.
I'd like to see the people claiming Mentor football is dirty. Care to compare competitive balance numbers ? How about boosters recruiting at middle school games ?

I'm not jealous of st eds at all. Quite the opposite. You guys were crap stains on the sport long before you ever won any titles. You cheat like crazy and even when it's so obvious, you get off with little 500 dollar fines because you have lawyers ready to pounce.

You didn't make any valid points. You came in here trying to start stuff and when you didn't get a glowing answer on why mentor and eds don't play every year, you quickly pivoted to "well they are scared and well they are not going to have a bright future " type of garbage.

Which again makes zero sense as playoffs went from 8 to 16....

This is a Mentor team thread. We don't troll yours. We leave it alone. That's how team threads should be.

Ps:. "You "clearly was talking the school in regards to association. Maybe you are one of those athletes who got into eds for the sport rather than the mind.

That seems to pan out considering you said we don't want to risk losing twice to two playoff teams. Think through that idiotic comment. The playoffs are single elimination... Plus the gcc and Ignatius results in plenty of playoff teams even with region 1 at 8....You guys aren't independent by choice.

Last edited:
Troll? Hardly. Mine time isn't worth trolling my little friend.You always have an answer. $500 fines? Present one in the last decade. Lawyers? Show the firm that represents Ed's. I didn't come here to start anything. I posted a question. No valid reason was given. You come on attacking with the same dribble you have for decades making a fool of yourself. Which is fine. You keep saying go back to my own thread. My God relax. Jealousy is very evil. I will agree with one point you wrote. Do private schools recruit? 100% of them, they have to recruit kids to spend $20k+ to attend a private school. They don't receive tax payers money. Do they attend events/games where kids have ALREADY shown up on a private schools campus? 100%. Do they go after kids who attended camps for robotics, band, arts and sports? 100%. Because that's how they keep the door open. I know you are coming back with some crap about how private school pay tuitions for kids and crap like that. Then PROVE IT! Take it to the OSHAA. Instead of writing endless times how privates recruit and are dirty. Leave it alone already. It's old and tired. Nobody wants to hear it anymore. No worries last post. Just not worth my time to argue with a clueless tired poster. Once again good luck to Mentor. Great programs and good for local teams to do well.

Troll? Hardly. Mine time isn't worth trolling my little friend.You always have an answer. $500 fines? Present one in the last decade. Lawyers? Show the firm that represents Ed's. I didn't come here to start anything. I posted a question. No valid reason was given. You come on attacking with the same dribble you have for decades making a fool of yourself. Which is fine. You keep saying go back to my own thread. My God relax. Jealousy is very evil. I will agree with one point you wrote. Do private schools recruit? 100% of them, they have to recruit kids to spend $20k+ to attend a private school. They don't receive tax payers money. Do they attend events/games where kids have ALREADY shown up on a private schools campus? 100%. Do they go after kids who attended camps for robotics, band, arts and sports? 100%. Because that's how they keep the door open. I know you are coming back with some crap about how private school pay tuitions for kids and crap like that. Then PROVE IT! Take it to the OSHAA. Instead of writing endless times how privates recruit and are dirty. Leave it alone already. It's old and tired. Nobody wants to hear it anymore. No worries last post. Just not worth my time to argue with a clueless tired poster. Once again good luck to Mentor. Great programs and good for local teams to do well.
It's the ohsaa moron. You can't even get that right . "Mine time..". If you even went to eds, you had to be an athlete with your lack of even remedial English skills

Remember your meet the coaches night which was obviously recruiting ? Got off with a 500 dollar fine

It isn't bs that you have boosters pay for athletes. How about this. Let's trace the money of all the football athletes and see how they paid tuition. Open it up if you have nothing to hide. Of course you guys wouldn't dare

Eds boosters have shown up trying to recruit middle school kids in mentor plenty. Sure it's happened elsewhere too. You guys have no shame.

I don't care about your opinion of me. You don't matter. You came into our thread and wanted to start stuff after you didn't get a glowing answer on us wanting to play eds. I already said this in my last post. Your school runs a scumbag football program. No honor in winning operating like they do.

I didn't come into the eds thread.

Last edited:
If anything, we would drop Ignatius if we fell off and more teams would play us. So it isnt plausible.

My answer in this case though would be a local public school. The 8 team gcc makes it so we don't have to play Canada or PA teams anymore (I hope)
I was hoping that you would just go with the flow and just play along. Playing a local public was NOT an option. Like I said, this was a hypothetical and was for fun only. I knew a local public would be the obvious choice for you, so I purposely didn't put it in there. I wanted to see which of the 4 options I gave you that you would pick if those were your only options. It wasn't intended to make it easy on you. So it's up to you to have fun and pick the lesser of the 4 evils (to you), or just write you have no interest in picking 1 of the 4. I'm ok with it either way. I genuinely wanted to have some fun with it.

I was hoping that you would just go with the flow and just play along. Playing a local public was NOT an option. Like I said, this was a hypothetical and was for fun only. I knew a local public would be the obvious choice for you, so I purposely didn't put it in there. I wanted to see which of the 4 options I gave you that you would pick if those were your only options. It wasn't intended to make it easy on you. So it's up to you to have fun and pick the lesser of the 4 evils (to you), or just write you have no interest in picking 1 of the 4. I'm ok with it either way. I genuinely wanted to have some fun with it.
I have zero interest in playing eds or out of state teams if given the choice. None are desirable.

But of those id pick Clarkson Canada first since it's always a home game. Then an Erie public who we get at home first so a PA team can't get out of coming here this time

I have zero interest in playing eds or out of state teams if given the choice. None are desirable.

But of those id pick Clarkson Canada first since it's always a home game. Then an Erie public who we get at home first so a PA team can't get out of coming here this time
Thanks for giving me your thoughts. I appreciate that. I'm looking forward to another really good year of Ohio HS football.

Kipp also announced he was entering the transfer portal, leaving Kent. I could see Potter joining Jacoby at Pitt. As for Kipp, I would be surprised if he stays D1.

The 2022 football season is going to be about two players - QB Jacob Snow and DE Brenan Vernon. Those two must make giant leaps for their senior seasons for this team to be in the conversation as a Region 1 contender. If Vernon plays like an elite national recruit, it moves the needle on your defense in a big way. With his primary targets graduated, Snow has even more on his shoulders. If he can put the offense on his back and be an All-District level QB, the offense should be solid.

I hope to see both of these young men have special seasons.

The 2022 football season is going to be about two players - QB Jacob Snow and DE Brenan Vernon. Those two must make giant leaps for their senior seasons for this team to be in the conversation as a Region 1 contender. If Vernon plays like an elite national recruit, it moves the needle on your defense in a big way. With his primary targets graduated, Snow has even more on his shoulders. If he can put the offense on his back and be an All-District level QB, the offense should be solid.

I hope to see both of these young men have special seasons.
Vernon seemed to have a less than expected season, reading from the posts last year. Do you attribute that to the 3-4 formation or lack of skill improvement?