Mentor Football 2022

Just saw this posting on West Virginia's state page...
Hard to believe NDCL would look at West Virginia if Mentor is available.

• Notre Dame Cathedral Latin (Division III-OH) is currently looking for a Week 5 (September 16) opponent. Would need to be a home game. Please contact Jason Baxter at 440-279-7076 or email jason.baxter@ndcl.org (3/15/22)

• Notre Dame Cathedral Latin (Division III-OH) is currently looking for a Week 5 (September 16) opponent. Would need to be a home game. Please contact Jason Baxter at 440-279-7076 or email jason.baxter@ndcl.org (3/15/22)
Is that really hard to believe? They are a d3 school that usually isn't very good

I have been to their area before. It's near Toronto where I go often. Mentor schedules up as much as anyone. Scheduling the Erie schools ain't scheduling up

Also scheduled late in place of north Allegheny punking out
I hesitate to ask this, but I’m genuinely curious. Maybe another Mentor poster would give me an answer. I only ask this question because apparently I think more highly of Mentor’s program than you do- what exactly is “scheduling up” for one of largest schools in Ohio? Ed’s and Ignatius? I can see the argument because of their obvious advantage, but there’s no running and hiding from them in region 1. It would be like Ohio State claiming that Alabama is “scheduling up”…. It’s just where Mentor is and who they need to beat.

Scheduling up would be one of these USA Today top 25 schools for Mentor.

I hesitate to ask this, but I’m genuinely curious. Maybe another Mentor poster would give me an answer. I only ask this question because apparently I think more highly of Mentor’s program than you do- what exactly is “scheduling up” for one of largest schools in Ohio? Ed’s and Ignatius? I can see the argument because of their obvious advantage, but there’s no running and hiding from them in region 1. It would be like Ohio State claiming that Alabama is “scheduling up”…. It’s just where Mentor is and who they need to beat.

Scheduling up would be one of these USA Today top 25 schools for Mentor.
Mentor scheduled tougher starting around the late 90s to early 2000s. They took some lumps to get where they are now.

There are many publics who can get good once and awhile playing local public's only, not traveling much at all , and playing pretty darn easy regular season schedules. Can still win a state title that way too

We've traveled to Cincy to play St Xavier and Moeller. Played Ignatius for many years in a row. Played Massillon for awhile and now McKinley. Will travel to Youngstown , pa etc too.

Also plenty of region 1 teams won't play Iggy and eds at all. Solon and Medina types avoid them

We try to play good competition so we will take some lumps in off years. But at this point it's becoming so hard to find out of conference opponents , that our AD will take most chances now .

“There are many publics who can get good once and awhile playing local public's only, not traveling much at all , and playing pretty darn easy regular season schedules. Can still win a state title that way too”

Who?

“There are many publics who can get good once and awhile playing local public's only, not traveling much at all , and playing pretty darn easy regular season schedules. Can still win a state title that way too”

Who?
Columbus publics have done it in region 3 . Have owned us while not having great regular season schedules some years

Mentor JV could compete / beat NDCL varsity. This is not sarcasm.

Arbiter has St Francis at home on Sept 16 now. One year deal or two ? And is it Toledo or out of state as there is no logo and multiple st Francis high schools ? I know one is in Baltimore too

I would assume so? Would be odd for them to announce the offers without some sort of backing..
Thats what I think too. Many offers can go out. But to vote after doing extensive background stuff on schools and then making the vote public ..would be weird if they declined it

Well this article makes it seem done.

Shaker and Cleveland HTS would replace Clarkson and st Francis for 2023 in football. We'd only have to hopefully renew McKinley or work on week 1. Good stuff !

Well this article makes it seem done.

Shaker and Cleveland HTS would replace Clarkson and st Francis for 2023 in football. We'd only have to hopefully renew McKinley or work on week 1. Good stuff !
FYI. According to Arbiter, McKinley has scheduled Warren Harding for week 1 in the 2023 football season.

Arbiter has St Francis at home on Sept 16 now. One year deal or two ? And is it Toledo or out of state as there is no logo and multiple st Francis high schools ? I know one is in Baltimore too
There is also one in Buffalo. They come to Erie a lot. It may or may not be them.

There is also one in Buffalo. They come to Erie a lot. It may or may not be them.
It is them.

Only one year deal as the GCC is going to be back up to 8 now to the dismay of those acting like it was breaking up and scheduling for us would get harder

I still wouldnt give a crap if we scheduled PA teams. There is no excitement about playing those Erie teams just like there is no excitement about playing team Canada.

The GCC isn't really on shaky ground at all. You might get to see moves that show the opposite soon.

If anything mentor would have to schedule more private schools. D3 and such schools wouldnt play us unless they are private schools with great classes
Yep..