Mentor Football 2022

Wasn't signed but this is high school. Be a man of your word and honor the agreement. They backed out and scheduled Erie McDowell and I heard wouldnt even communicate with our school. Cowards and they should be called out for it
I 100% agree. McDowell wasn't even on their radar until a 1-2 months ago. Mentor was agreed upon last year. I really don't understand how a school could pull a stunt like that and be OK with it. That is classless.

Chardon is scrimmaging us. They refused to schedule us in the regular season since they got smoked the last regular season game decades ago .
36-24 was the last time. The last few scrimmages have gone in Chardon’s favor. If their open weeks lined up this would be a good game.

36-24 was the last time. The last few scrimmages have gone in Chardon’s favor. If their open weeks lined up this would be a good game.
Well then talk to them to schedule it. Mentor would in a second. And the 2003 game where mentor killed them in a final 4 year for Chardon convinced them ....2004 was a bad non playoff Mentor team who still beat them by 2 scores

Scrimmages aren't a real game. And only the last one went in their favor with many mentor starters not even playing. The 10 play rule isn't used in regular season games ....

Mentor beats Chardon 9 out of 10 times if they played each year. We've played you for many years with good teams so I'd welcome it if Chardon thinks they can beat us. Better than scheduling team canada or a bad team far away

Well then talk to them to schedule it. Mentor would in a second. And the 2003 game where mentor killed them in a final 4 year for Chardon convinced them ....2004 was a bad non playoff Mentor team who still beat them by 2 scores

Scrimmages aren't a real game. And only the last one went in their favor with many mentor starters not even playing. The 10 play rule isn't used in regular season games ....

Mentor beats Chardon 9 out of 10 times if they played each year. We've played you for many years with good teams so I'd welcome it if Chardon thinks they can beat us. Better than scheduling team canada or a bad team far away
The last 2 went Chardon’s way. Both were game situations for 1 half.

The last 2 went Chardon’s way. Both were game situations for 1 half.
Go troll somewhere else Blake.

If you are so confident , contact the Chardon AD. None of us schedule games. Our AD would schedule any WRC team in football who would do so in a second .

And win the vast majority of those games. Scrimmage isn't the same as a real game.

Also if the wrc team can win at times then all the better. We want good matchups and have scheduled up a heck of a lot higher than any WRC team would be. Don't want crap teams or blowouts. The wrc teams mostly aren't confident enough to do so. Props to Riverside for doing so but I don't think that will be a regular occurrence. They sense we are down and they have good classes coming in.

Last edited:
I’m not trolling. I’m a fan of the News Herald coverage area and think Chardon and Mentor would be a good game. For many years Mentor was out of Chardon’s league, I don’t think that’s the case anymore. If that offends you I apologize

I’m not trolling. I’m a fan of the News Herald coverage area and think Chardon and Mentor would be a good game. For many years Mentor was out of Chardon’s league, I don’t think that’s the case anymore. If that offends you I apologize
Yes you also said Mentor has been average the last couple of years including 2020 when they won region 1 and lost by 7 in the final 4 with a sophomore QB making his first start ....

Chardon would be the best bet to beat Mentor occasionally out of the wrc teams. Still think mentor wins the vast majority of games but like I said talk to their AD. Ours would schedule any WRC team in a second.

Yes you also said Mentor has been average the last couple of years including 2020 when they won region 1 and lost by 7 in the final 4 with a sophomore QB making his first start ....

Chardon would be the best bet to beat Mentor occasionally out of the wrc teams. Still think mentor wins the vast majority of games but like I said talk to their AD. Ours would schedule any WRC team in a second.
I don’t recall saying that but if I did I was wrong. Mentor was not average in 2020. Neither was Chardon. I don’t have an inside track to AD’s. But I suspect that if their open dates lined up they could get something done. Or I hope they would. It would be a great local matchup of top tier teams in the state.

I don’t recall saying that but if I did I was wrong. Mentor was not average in 2020. Neither was Chardon. I don’t have an inside track to AD’s. But I suspect that if their open dates lined up they could get something done. Or I hope they would. It would be a great local matchup of top tier teams in the state.
I won't take the time to go through your posts but yes you said Mentors been average the last couple years when talking to me in the last couple of times

Mentor has had one bad year where we had a ton of injuries. Down to a third string QB, lost 3 wr part of the year , top RB out for year, a couple of defenders etc.

I doubt Chardon would schedule us. Our AD calls all the local teams every year ..he doesn't schedule team Canada on purpose to say the least. But that would be up to wrc teams. Mentor would play any of them

It is disappointing to me that Erie Prep or Erie McDowell or both and Mentor can't get a home and home put together. It makes no sense.

It is disappointing to me that Erie Prep or Erie McDowell or both and Mentor can't get a home and home put together. It makes no sense.
We've played both before already. I have zero desire to go back to PA anytime soon. They get crazy home cooking and we got hosed in that game last year. Now the cowards at North Allegheny won't come back here to play us and Erie McDowell was complicit since they were the replacement...

So no thanks on PA

We've played both before already. I have zero desire to go back to PA anytime soon. They get crazy home cooking and we got hosed in that game last year. Now the cowards at North Allegheny won't come back here to play us and Erie McDowell was complicit since they were the replacement...

So no thanks on PA
The problem is that Prep and McDowell do not typically schedule teams that are considered better than them. But with that being said, Prep just got a new coach, and he is really good. He may have a philosophy of playing good/better teams. If that is the case, and you continue to have zero desire to play any PA schools, then don't complain that you have a hard time finding games. Just because NA boned you, doesn't mean that every PA team works that way. There are many ongoing PA vs Ohio games that happen yearly. And it works for them. And like I said, it's disappointing (and a shame) that those 3 teams can't pull it off. They all struggle to get games.

The problem is that Prep and McDowell do not typically schedule teams that are considered better than them. But with that being said, Prep just got a new coach, and he is really good. He may have a philosophy of playing good/better teams. If that is the case, and you continue to have zero desire to play any PA schools, then don't complain that you have a hard time finding games. Just because NA boned you, doesn't mean that every PA team works that way. There are many ongoing PA vs Ohio games that happen yearly. And it works for them. And like I said, it's disappointing (and a shame) that those 3 teams can't pull it off. They all struggle to get games.
First of all I don't schedule games.

Second of all I'm sure our AD would take a pa series if he has a vacancy still. I'd hope he makes them come here first next time

I would rather play Ohio teams. Don't give a crap about PA. The games are stale with them because there is zero history or relevance with those PA teams.

There's a reason you live in PA but come to Ohio for so many games . We don't do the reverse

First of all I don't schedule games.

Second of all I'm sure our AD would take a pa series if he has a vacancy still. I'd hope he makes them come here first next time

I would rather play Ohio teams. Don't give a crap about PA. The games are stale with them because there is zero history or relevance with those PA teams.

There's a reason you live in PA but come to Ohio for so many games . We don't do the reverse
I know you don't schedule games and I do believe your AD would love to schedule Prep and or McDowell. That was not my point. It was more about Prep and McDowell not wanting to play good competition. Then it lead to YOUR statement about playing any PA teams because of the NA situation. If Mentor struggles to get games, and Prep or McDowell would be a willing yearly home and home, it would be good for all parties. So for you to say you don't give a crap about PA schools, you would if: 1). your AD actually pulled off a home and home with Prep or McDowell. 2). You strugglle to get games and have to resort to DIII and below to help fill your schedule. Your league seems to be on shaky ground as it is and keeping all of the teams. Who knows where the GCC is headed. You may change your opinion. Again, you are clearly still steamed over what NA did. That is an NA issue, not a PA issue. And yes, I DO realize where the good football is. I am a very smart guy.

I'd much rather play them than Clarkson Football North
I 100% agree. It really is a natural fit for Mentor, Prep, and McDowell (IMHO). That's why I'm disappointed with Prep and McDowell for not playing Mentor. Even McDowell is playing a Canadian team. That does not make sense to me for Mentor and McDowell and Prep to be playing Canadian teams when they are 1 hr 15 min - 1 1/2 hour straight shot on I-90. McDowell is located on the extreme west side of Erie. Could develop into really nice yearly rivalry games.

I know you don't schedule games and I do believe your AD would love to schedule Prep and or McDowell. That was not my point. It was more about Prep and McDowell not wanting to play good competition. Then it lead to YOUR statement about playing any PA teams because of the NA situation. If Mentor struggles to get games, and Prep or McDowell would be a willing yearly home and home, it would be good for all parties. So for you to say you don't give a crap about PA schools, you would if: 1). your AD actually pulled off a home and home with Prep or McDowell. 2). You strugglle to get games and have to resort to DIII and below to help fill your schedule. Your league seems to be on shaky ground as it is and keeping all of the teams. Who knows where the GCC is headed. You may change your opinion. Again, you are clearly still steamed over what NA did. That is an NA issue, not a PA issue. And yes, I DO realize where the good football is. I am a very smart guy.
I still wouldnt give a crap if we scheduled PA teams. There is no excitement about playing those Erie teams just like there is no excitement about playing team Canada.

The GCC isn't really on shaky ground at all. You might get to see moves that show the opposite soon.

If anything mentor would have to schedule more private schools. D3 and such schools wouldnt play us unless they are private schools with great classes

I still wouldnt give a crap if we scheduled PA teams. There is no excitement about playing those Erie teams just like there is no excitement about playing team Canada.

The GCC isn't really on shaky ground at all. You might get to see moves that show the opposite soon.

If anything mentor would have to schedule more private schools. D3 and such schools wouldnt play us unless they are private schools with great classes
So would you rather play the Canadian teams over Prep or McDowell? Maybe you should do a home and home with Clarkson North since you really don't want to do a home and home with Prep or McDowell.

So would you rather play the Canadian teams over Prep or McDowell? Maybe you should do a home and home with Clarkson North since you really don't want to do a home and home with Prep or McDowell.
I'd rather play none of them. It's like choosing which finger youd like to cut off. All options suck and aren't ideal.

Clarkson is a home game every year though. That's the difference

Mentor needs to move that St Ignatius game from week 2 to week 4 or 5. It's a non brainer as there are way more options in the first 3 weeks. But these coudl be stopgaps for now until something changes

Last edited:
I'd rather play none of them. It's like choosing which finger youd like to cut off. All options suck and aren't ideal.

Clarkson is a home game every year though. That's the difference

Mentor needs to move that St Ignatius game from week 2 to week 4 or 5. It's a non brainer as there are way more options in the first 3 weeks. But these coudl be stopgaps for now until something changes
Come on MentorGrad, put on your big boy pants and go play at Clarkson. You like them coming to you, but you won't go there. Hmm. Good to know. If there are way more options, then why complain. Have your AD go get your options. Clearly Erie is not one of them. And that is not a problem. Also if it was that easy to just get games, why is Mentor playing a team from Canada every year now. Because they are struggling to get games. Good luck next year, and it's been real. Have a great day.

Last edited:
We are getting closer to the point where you have to wonder if Week 5 could end up being a bye. I’m sure they’re trying, but options are shrinking. The OHSAA open dates list has absolutely nothing for Mentor. So it is out of state or a bye week.

Mentor needs to be proactive for the 2023 schedule or else they will be in the same spot again. Pay Glenville to come. Work out something with Massillon. Move Ignatius to later in the season. Open up some opportunities. If Mentor kills McKinley again, you can bet that will be a quick series.

Come on MentorGrad, put on your big boy pants and go play at Clarkson. You like them coming to you, but you won't go there. Hmm. Good to know. If there are way more options, then why complain. Have your AD go get your options. Clearly Erie is not one of them. And that is not a problem. Also if it was that easy to just get games, why is Mentor playing a team from Canada every year now. Because they are struggling to get games. Good luck next year, and it's been real. Have a great day.
I have been to their area before. It's near Toronto where I go often. Mentor schedules up as much as anyone. Scheduling the Erie schools ain't scheduling up

Also scheduled late in place of north Allegheny punking out

Last edited: