McNick this year?

cinti12

What do you think of Mcnick this year?
Probably one of the strongest teams Mcnick will have in awhile.
Any thoughts

McNick should definitely be strong this year. They haven't lost anyone and they should be starting 4 seniors, and two juniors..while they will be rotating their 6'5''ish sophomore. They have plenty of depth, it'll be interesting to see how good they are.

i agree
i saw hamad play club this past season
not a very big guy, but for his position size doesnt matter
hes pretty good and should keep mcnick in a lot of the tougher games

im looking forward to the mcnick-purcell game. that should be a good one. mcnicks libero is a great player, its tough to mention mcnick without kane, and they do have great depth. purcell has height, blocking, and excellent middles

I would have to say hamad is the best libero for his age I have ever seen. He is quick and can get to just about any ball.

they are not starting anyone under 6 ft. I think. their libero is really short but that doesnt really count.

mark hamad

i have never seen anyone bump pass as well as mark hamad
this kid is a true thoroughbred but its up to his team to utilize this
they have experience with the entire starting lineup returning
look for mcnick to make a run in the gcl north but i dont think that it is realistic to put them ahead of any of the gcl south teams other than lasalle (who is garbage)

ibleedsports said:
Kyle Kane is the answer. But McNick is going to struggle at the setter position.

Kyle kane is the answer. As for the setter position, whoever sets, they wont have to do to much because mcnick has a very strong core of hitters. Just get it within a couple of feet and they are good to go.

i disagree. offense is as only as good as the sets the hitters get. case and point purcell in 05 with holt. if they had a better setter, they couldve done better. also bombervball, mcnick isnt in the gcl north

who ever said mcn doesnt have any setters is nuts. Oberschmidt has good hands, can pass and can jump outa the gym, with buaer in there, they should be good to go.
maybe im biased but the bombers are my pick to win state again. when this current sophmore class are seniors, they will dominate. last season, out of the 36 total playesr in the bombers program, 17 were freshman(now sophomores)

maybe im biased but the bombers are my pick to win state again. when this current sophmore class are seniors, they will dominate. last season, out of the 36 total playesr in the bombers program, 17 were freshman(now sophomores)

you wont even win GCL. I realize this is your first post, but you gotta do some research about your competition bomberfan. moeller will beat you. and this has nothing to do with mcnick

yeah moeller is way too stacked to lose this year unless they completely fall apart in a fluke loss as much as i hate to admit it.....

mcnick will be good for mcnick this year ill give you that but they still wont be able to compete on a state level or even be compared to St. X or Moe this year id give them a top five GCL [maybe but i see it 1-moe 2-x 3-elder 4&5-mcnick, purcell, or bacon

and x has a strong freshman program every year because they take so many freshman.... class of 08 freshman year had 17 players in the program as well but that was cut down in a hurry... (kues skove and jennings all '09 will be studs in years to come though)

a lot has been said about hark hamad in this thread
i do know he was 2nd team all gcl last year as a sophomore
any other players make gcl all league teams as underclassmen?

alrite its getting stupid. X kids - if you want to talk about your "studly" freshmen and sophomores then create your own thread where you can worship your program. this is about mcnick last time i checked. i think mcnick will battle this year and i believe if they play their game they could play with anybody, moeller being the exception