McKinley High School football head coach Marcus Wattley, seven assistant coaches suspended

Sometimes the simplest answers are the best... How does the OC stand to gain by reporting this? On its face it seems like a really stupid way to go about getting the position by causing drama and division.
I think he was a finalist when wattley got the job originally

As I stated correctly when this all started - there's a lot of background to this story. Some say the parents have previously sought and received assistance for their son from some of the people they are now suing. Its more complex than "someone made him eat pork". The lawsuit is a money grab. The food thing was just stupid. The whole thing could have and should have been avoided.

"When "happily ever after" fails
And we've been poisoned by these fairy tales
The lawyers dwell on small details..."

I haven't read whole thread(yet), but I wanted to state during McKinley Week, there aren't banners in Massillon saying "Pork the Pups!"

It wouldn't be in good taste.

Hoban & LaSalle are clearly top 2 in D2 since each began their title runs 7-8 years ago or whatever it's been. Massillon is only school who has defeated both in the playoffs since, if I'm not mistaken. Can only keep trying. Ditto Avon and WW. Or any public including Perry jmo.

Hoban & LaSalle are clearly top 2 in D2 since each began their title runs 7-8 years ago or whatever it's been. Massillon is only school who has defeated both in the playoffs since, if I'm not mistaken. Can only keep trying. Ditto Avon and WW. Or any public including Perry jmo.
Benedictine was destroying Hoban in '14 and '15 and gave them their toughest game last year when healthy

As I stated correctly when this all started - there's a lot of background to this story. Some say the parents have previously sought and received assistance for their son from some of the people they are now suing. Its more complex than "someone made him eat pork". The lawsuit is a money grab. The food thing was just stupid. The whole thing could have and should have been avoided.

"When "happily ever after" fails
And we've been poisoned by these fairy tales
The lawyers dwell on small details..."
Then that's on the coach who has supreme reign over everything, if it "should have been avoided," he should have been the one to see to it that it was avoided.

Last edited:
Benedictine was destroying Hoban in '14 and '15 and gave them their toughest game last year when healthy

Great program. Historical rival I'd love to play every year. Louisville (who I also like) also had Hoban beat early in their run and let it slip away. Unfortunately close don't count.

Two years does not make a program elite. Sorry.
Those were elite teams. The original statement was about teams not programs. Lake in the 90's was elite. This is high school football teams change every couple years. Now elite programs? Obviously no one in the county can match Massillons history but there have been some teams in the fed throughout the years that would be considered elite by anyone who didn't have a boner for the fed.

Would you consider Massillon elite? Iwould.
Yes I would...As I clarified earlier....I was talking elite programs, not having a few good years. I think Perry is a good football program, not an elite one. Elite programs are in the hunt year after year with a chance to go all the way. I don't think Perry falls into that category. When I think of Perry, its more for wrestling then football. Just my opinion.

Just for clarification you said "teams".
I follow what you are saying now......Elite teams in any given year....I went down the path of programs. The original question was....Are there any elite teams in the Fed. I still say no, but there were years that some teams could be considered elite. And Perry would fall into that with 2015-2016 teams (I think those were the years)...If in fact that's what you are getting at.

Sometimes the simplest answers are the best... How does the OC stand to gain by reporting this? On its face it seems like a really stupid way to go about getting the position by causing drama and division.
Well it appears he'll be the only one with a coaching job, job in the district and isn't under a criminal investigation.

As a mandatory reporter, had he known and not said anything, he would be in the same boat as everyone else.

Do love the lawyer also confirming they were hazing the kid but only to teach an extraordinary lesson. I really hope he stands up in court and says my client did it because he saw someone else do it without getting in trouble...

If a police report was filed, how long do you think it would take before the alleged coaches are charged. If these are felony charges which idk, doesn't the grand jury have so much time. I'm just asking
Yes, two years. We still have about 23 months left

I follow what you are saying now......Elite teams in any given year....I went down the path of programs. The original question was....Are there any elite teams in the Fed. I still say no, but there were years that some teams could be considered elite. And Perry would fall into that with 2015-2016 teams (I think those were the years)...If in fact that's what you are getting at.
Exactly. We agree.

I don't think I would want a defiant kid on the team lol maybe that's what started all this

#wordsarehard
Agreed, I wouldn't either....the problem in THIS situation is NOT a "defiant" kid, but a coach who has no concept of how to lead young men. Maybe his frustration with his lack of success against his rival and in the playoffs (with no end in sight) has reached a boiling point.