McKinley and the Federal League

After combining with another school to avoid D2.

You saying their population hasnt decreased?
Doesn't matter what their population has done, the point is, they have....for the most part owned your league....it's among the states elite that they used to belong but no longer do.

Glenoak and McKinley both play a strong of out of league schedule. I don’t blame Lake, Green Perry or Hoover for avoiding the large powerhouse schools. They just don’t have the numbers to compete.

Jackson on the other hand is one of the largest schools in the state and plays lower division schools out league every year like Boardman, Mayfield, Akron East ect ect. Maybe football just isn’t a priority, they’re clearly elite at Basketball and Baseball.

I’m not sure why it’s so hard to agree that 1.) canton is a dying area and will continue to slowly get worse at football if their population keeps going the way it is, has nothing to do with the fed. If they didn’t combine with timken I’m sure they’d be D2. Is that false? Lol. And 2.) the fed can’t compete with eds, mentor etc. God damn.

Doesn't matter what their population has done, the point is, they have....for the most part owned your league....it's among the states elite that they used to belong but no longer do.
Yes they have dominated for the most part...But now schools like perry are starting to catch up to them because their lack of numbers are decreasing. False? No. Give it up dude. McKinley ain’t where it used to be and won’t be regardless if they are part of the fed or not. I know your disdain for us, and you have some legit reasons to hate the fed. I get it. But it’s not the feds fault for McKinleys demise in football. They are lacking numbers now. It is what it is.

I’m not sure why it’s so hard to agree that 1.) canton is a dying area and will continue to slowly get worse at football if their population keeps going the way it is, has nothing to do with the fed. If they didn’t combine with timken I’m sure they’d be D2. Is that false? Lol. And 2.) the fed can’t compete with eds, mentor etc. God damn.
Yes that is false. Because the “football players” would have chosen mck like they did for many years.

Yes they have dominated for the most part...But now schools like perry are starting to catch up to them because their lack of numbers are decreasing. False? No. Give it up dude. McKinley ain’t where it used to be and won’t be regardless if they are part of the fed or not. I know your disdain for us, and you have some legit reasons to hate the fed. I get it. But it’s not the feds fault for McKinleys demise in football. They are lacking numbers now. It is what it is.
mckinley is a large D1 school , Perry is D2. Perry has owned mck the past few years because the mck coaching staff hasn’t learned how to figure out the wing-t not because of a talent disparity.

Of course not, don't be silly....but while I got ya here....tell us about the OTHER quality programs the teams in your league have scheduled out of conference. Btw....Red - Lep did say...."with LOCAL D1 & D2 football programs."...."LOCAL."
What tool thinks division has anything to do with ability. Are Mentor, Ed's, Iggy "local"?

It is amusing that after all the years of bashing divisions below D1 you are a peewee D2 team.

I just don't see it happening TBH. Maybe Hoban or ST V...I cant see Fed teams traveling to the Cleveland area to get crushed by the Mentors, Eds...etc.
Actually, the D1 schools Jackson, GO should be playing one of the D1 schools. Lake, NC, Perry, Green should be scheduling the D2 schools mentioned before they schedule smaller schools. What is wrong with the 4 D2 schools having Warren, Fitch, Boardman, Hoban and Massillon as one of their OOC?

Actually, the D1 schools Jackson, GO should be playing one of the D1 schools. Lake, NC, Perry, Green should be scheduling the D2 schools mentioned before they schedule smaller schools. What is wrong with the 4 D2 schools having Warren, Fitch, Boardman, Hoban and Massillon as one of their OOC?
I agree with this. I just can't see it happening. I started following Green when I moved out here. Football seems like it's an afterthought. I don't think they put too much effort into scheduling. It's kind of sad because they do have a nice youth program.

Yes that is false. Because the “football players” would have chosen mck like they did for many years.
There aren’t too many “football” players left in this area, especially the canton area. Stark county and Ohio are losing population. People are leaving because this state is somewhat a mess. It’s the truth. Less people= less success. As much as y’all hate on the fed, it used to be a damn good league for football. Nowadays fed football couldn’t hold the feds jockstrap of 15-20 years ago. You’re delusional if you think McKinley leaving the fed will magically help them. McKinley is screwed regardless unless the city of canton can figure it’s shizz out.

There aren’t too many “football” players left in this area, especially the canton area. Stark county and Ohio are losing population. People are leaving because this state is somewhat a mess. It’s the truth. Less people= less success. As much as y’all hate on the fed, it used to be a damn good league for football. Nowadays fed football couldn’t hold the feds jockstrap of 15-20 years ago. You’re delusional if you think McKinley leaving the fed will magically help them. McKinley is screwed regardless unless the city of canton can figure it’s shizz out.
you're nutṣ Yeah playing a bunch of mediocre DIV 2 schools is going to help your prograṃ You roll with the pigs you start smelling like theṃ The Fed was never a power house league. They were considered a 3rd rate league since its founding

John Adams, Akron East, Bishop Hartley....
Bishop Hartley is a solid program. Had Avon Lake on the schedule last year wiped out by COVID, played them at their place in 13. State runner up Central Catholic in 14. State semifinalist Hudson and state runner up Central Catholic in 15. 10 win Dublin Jerome in 16 (and yes East who won a playoff game that year). 11 win regional finalist Hartley in 17. (Brush and East also made the playoffs) At Hartley in 18. Opened with Buchtel who has appeared on the Tigers schedule a number of times, also played St V in 19. As I said Avon Lake was scheduled for 2020.

I do know weve never played anyone as God awful as Sun Valley so there's that.

What tool thinks division has anything to do with ability. Are Mentor, Ed's, Iggy "local"?

It is amusing that after all the years of bashing divisions below D1 you are a peewee D2 team.
#1) I didn't ask the question.

#2) if you don't think division has anything to do with ability, feel free to list ANY power teams ANY team from your league has played in ANY division.

#3) Yeah, I would say that Mentor, Ed's and Ignatius are pretty much local. I mean....Obviously not as local as say....Canton Central Catholic, but yeah....local.

So....thats something that could have been forecast before their inclusion to the league?
They went to a state final and state semifinal in football as Fed members. Won consecutive boys basketball titles as a Fed member. Won a girls basketball title as a Fed member.

Then you look at fellow league members...Jackson has won 2 boys basketball titles with McKinley in the league. Perry went to consecutive title games in football with McKinley in the league. 3 Mr football awards handed out in the league while McKinley was a member.
The lack of competition narrative is garbage.

Yeah and you're saying that a city of 72,000 doesn't have more talent than a Farm Village like North Canton of 17000. Get rea. You have been smelling the methane from the cows too long
Farm village? You dont get out much.

The statement at hand is McKinley isnt a playoff power because of the Fed. That's nonsense. Declining population and poor coaching hires are the reason. Theyd be in the same boat with or without the Fed.

There are plenty of quality opponents in the state. For instance Hoover had Avon Lake on the schedule last year.

When ? ??‍♂️
90’s and early to mid 2000’s. Lake made multiple state finals appearances and final fours. Hoover made a final four to name a few. It was good. Not great. Today’s league isn’t the same. That’s my point. Now elaborate, how does a program like McKinley become better when the area is dying? Please I’ll wait. It’s simple math, oh wait you probably don’t know simple math. Less people= less success. It just happens. Dummy. McKinley is past it’s glory days. And to you Dopamine, have fun getting your kicked my massilllon for the next 20 years. You guys stand no chance up against that program.

I’m out. This is why I was off these threads for some time, can’t fix stupid. Your program doesn’t magically get better by getting your face stomped in by Ed’s,iggy, etc if you don’t have enough horses to even compete. McKinley doesn’t have those horses anymore because it’s a dying area. Is it really that hard to understand? No one wants to live in canton. It’s just the way it is.

Yeah and you're saying that a city of 72,000 doesn't have more talent than a Farm Village like North Canton of 17000. Get rea. You have been smelling the methane from the cows too long
At least we don’t live in the hole that is canton ?? people actually move here because they wanna live here and raise a family in a good area with thriving schools, not to just play a sport like McKinley which that doesn’t even happen anymore. Piss off idiot.

Farm village? You dont get out much.

The statement at hand is McKinley isnt a playoff power because of the Fed. That's nonsense. Declining population and poor coaching hires are the reason. Theyd be in the same boat with or without the Fed.
Why they weren’t before the fed, they only have 170 less boys then when they joined and they are in the top 20 of largest schools in the state by boys enrollment and the largest in the fed. More boys in the school equals more talent to choose from that’s what we are being told on this site constantly.

There are plenty of quality opponents in the state. For instance Hoover had Avon Lake on the schedule last year.
I agree, my point of view is for games that bring excitement for the kids and fans. As a fan, I would prefer to spend my Friday night watching NC play Harding, Massillon or Hoban other than playing a Columbus team or a team from Canada. As for making the playoffs, sure the Fed is competitive but when you play the same schools every year you adjust to what those opponent's throws at you but by mixing in better competition in your OOC the kids would be better prepared to compete. The many times I have seen Louisville play NC I was always amazed Louisville winning but always noticed the Louisville kids where more excited playing NC and played harder. I believe the same would happen for NC if they had games like Massillon on the schedule.