McKinley and the Federal League

CantonKid

Federal League football records w/McKinley as a member 2004-2020

McKinley 84-23
Perry 55-52
Hoover 54-53

All the rest have a losing record.

Only three teams in the league above .500 and two of them are barely above...time to get out and play better competition
Mckinley isnt going anywhere, they made their choice years ago and I'm sure it wasn't easy but the local league saves them too much money. Joining the Fed has really hurt their programs but what choice did they have?

Mckinley isnt going anywhere, they made their choice years ago and I'm sure it wasn't easy but the local league saves them too much money. Joining the Fed has really hurt their programs but what choice did they have?
They aren't saving money they are losing money by being in the Feḍ. They had plenty of other choices besides joining the Farm league. They were too lazy and too apathetic to do differenṭ

Also...this may be a dumb question, but can you go independent in football, and stay in Fed for all other sports?

The Federal League for football, Outside of McKinley, the teams have no tradition for being a football powerhouse. The programs are average to weak football programs with occasional good seasons. They all play very soft OOC schedules that never challenge their programs. With local D1 & D2 football programs like Hoban, Mentor, St Ed's, Iggy, Harding, Fitch Boardman and Massillon available to be put on the schedule, the Fed schools find it okay skip playing them to put D3, D5, out of state or other non fan interest games on the schedule for easy wins.

The Federal League for football, Outside of McKinley, the teams have no tradition for being a football powerhouse. The programs are average to weak football programs with occasional good seasons. They all play very soft OOC schedules that never challenge their programs. With local D1 & D2 football programs like Hoban, Mentor, St Ed's, Iggy, Harding, Fitch Boardman and Massillon available to be put on the schedule, the Fed schools find it okay skip playing them to put D3, D5, out of state or other non fan interest games on the schedule for easy wins.
Unfortunately, I highly doubt the teams you mentioned above would schedule any of the Fed teams (outside of McKinley. Never happen

Unfortunately, I highly doubt the teams you mentioned above would schedule any of the Fed teams (outside of McKinley. Never happen
The teams mentioned are all local D1 and D2 schools that are looking for games to fill their schedule every year. Highly doubt they would be pass up the opportunity to face any of the teams in the Fed. Matter of fact, probably half those teams go undefeated against the Fed. The others would likely have a winning record.

Truth bomb.

They aren't saving money they are losing money by being in the Feḍ. They had plenty of other choices besides joining the Farm league. They were too lazy and too apathetic to do differenṭ
No they arent.

Fitch and Boardman ran from the league.

A typically weak take regarding scheduling. There are other quality programs than those you mentioned.

A typically weak take regarding scheduling. There are other quality programs than those you mentioned.
You addressed Fitch and Boardman "running from the league," .... ...."running from the league?" You make it sound like they were cowering in the corner....it had more to do with the distances traveled than anything....I can't believe they joined in the first place.

Now, like I said....you addressed Fitch and Boardman, but you conveniently glossed over the part where Red - Lep mentions you annual dodging of teams like St. Ed, Ignatius and Mentor....not to mention Massillon. Care to address THAT?

Yes....it has. The numbers don't lie. It's not a coincidence that they were a power in football AND basketball for years and years and years and years....then they join your league and the bottom falls out.
Of course there couldnt be any other reason...like hemorrhaging students or poor coaching hires...

You addressed Fitch and Boardman "running from the league," .... ...."running from the league?" You make it sound like they were cowering in the corner....it had more to do with the distances traveled than anything....I can't believe they joined in the first place.

Now, like I said....you addressed Fitch and Boardman, but you conveniently glossed over the part where Red - Lep mentions you annual dodging of teams like St. Ed, Ignatius and Mentor....not to mention Massillon. Care to address THAT?
Are those the only quality programs in the state?

They left the league due to the overall travel of all sports but they did ask to stay in the league in football only. I wonder why? Just look at the OOC for Green, Lake, NC, Perry and tell me why at least 2 of the schools I mentioned couldn't be on those schools schedules? Truth

The teams mentioned are all local D1 and D2 schools that are looking for games to fill their schedule every year. Highly doubt they would be pass up the opportunity to face any of the teams in the Fed. Matter of fact, probably half those teams go undefeated against the Fed. The others would likely have a winning record.
I just don't see it happening TBH. Maybe Hoban or ST V...I cant see Fed teams traveling to the Cleveland area to get crushed by the Mentors, Eds...etc.

Are those the only quality programs in the state?
Of course not, don't be silly....but while I got ya here....tell us about the OTHER quality programs the teams in your league have scheduled out of conference. Btw....Red - Lep did say...."with LOCAL D1 & D2 football programs."...."LOCAL."