Massillon Washington at Warren Harding—-9-10-21

This is the first passing team we have played. I didn’t watch this game live but it sounded like they played school yard football and beat us at that game. Reminds me of Bowden. We just couldn’t stop him and we couldn’t stop this guy either.
Reynoldsburg had 45 pass attempts against us.

Officiating was horrible. They have played too big a part in this series. I chuckle when I think of Massillon worried that they were always homered here in Warren. Now it‘s WGH who need to worry when the game is in Warren.

i agree that nothing is more exciting tha high school football!

Before the opening kickoff, I shouted, “DON’T KICK IT TO BRAWLEY!” The next thing you know, he’s down the field for 6! I go to all of the big track meets in Austintown, so I was well aware of his speed. I even wrote about him in my preseason article on Harding’s (fan made) football site. He definitely didn’t disappoint.

Despite the loss, us Harding fans are very encouraged by what we saw from our offense. As Massillon fans, I’m sure that you don’t want to see your defense surrender those kind of passing yards, but on our end, we’ve been waiting on that kind of performance for a while now. Especially me, and if you know me personally, you know what/who I’m talking about. I wish that we would’ve been that aggressive offensively all season, especially in week 1 against Medina. Hartson destroyed us though.

Congrats to Massillon on a great win! Wishing your program all the best moving forward! ??
You show up with that offense for the rest of the season, and Harding will be hard for anyone to beat.

Gosh, I miss my Warren Harding PANTHERS in RED & WHITE!
Bob, this is Dave(tig62). Glad you made it to this game, I wasn't able to go. This game reminded me of some of the old Panthers - Tiger games that went down to the finish. Warren sure had the "never-give-up"attitude in the game tonight, impressive. Good luck to the Raiders(aka Panthers) during the rest of the season except if we meet again in the playoffs?. Best of luck to your grandson and ? he stays injury free.

You show up with that offense for the rest of the season, and Harding will be hard for anyone to beat.

Or put another way, if they shore up their interior defense. But indeed their passing game is potentially elite. Good luck the rest of the way Warren!

Last edited:
Before the opening kickoff, I shouted, “DON’T KICK IT TO BRAWLEY!” The next thing you know, he’s down the field for 6! I go to all of the big track meets in Austintown, so I was well aware of his speed. I even wrote about him in my preseason article on Harding’s (fan made) football site. He definitely didn’t disappoint.

LOL. Don't you just HATE those premonitions? That was me on several 3rd & 4th downs and 15+. I'm like "here we go." ?‍♂️ Your KO returners are frightening too btw.

Unbelievable performances - Jett and Hartson. My kids and brother's kids go to different hs's now but so glad we all went with my parents. Rare we all get together like that anymore but Buena Vista always helps, and so do games like that!!!

Bob, this is Dave(tig62). Glad you made it to this game, I wasn't able to go. This game reminded me of some of the old Panthers - Tiger games that went down to the finish. Warren sure had the "never-give-up"attitude in the game tonight, impressive. Good luck to the Raiders(aka Panthers) during the rest of the season except if we meet again in the playoffs?. Best of luck to your grandson and ? he stays injury free.
Dave, I didn’t go but did watch it on YouTube which was so fortunate. My knee has been giving me a little trouble so I wasn’t sure I could navigate the steps.

it was a great game and I hope the Tigers win all the rest of their games.

I really love these old meaningful rivalries and may fans return to see the greatness of high school football.

Thx You guys have one heckuva team ! It was so cool seeing those old red and black unis last night. And yes I was at the 8-7 game . Was young but boy what a game it was !
The old All American Conference days. Great battles back then, but 49-46 scores, were unheard of back then. Mostly hard hitting defensive battles. Good luck to the Tigers the rest of the year!

Last edited:
Tigers might want to put that pooch kickoff in their back pocket for later. Brawley blew past them before they knew what was going on.

We've been kinda dominating them at all levels for the last several years, Warren has a lot of pride however....I see this series continuing, unless....Warren hires Reno.

I do see the Buckeye defense has picked up where the Tiger D left off last night.

2021 Massillon-Warren Results

Varsity—-49-46
JV———-32-0
9th———28-0
8th———56-20
7th———20-8
Hey, Maxie, you don’t want to drop us do you? I graduated with Mr. Paul Dryden Warfield and those scores of the yearlings were common back then, too. Varsity game - not so much!

Warren away is one of the most fun games there is.

I’m 34 so my first memories of Warren are Super Mario Manningham and crew ripping my heart out.

Those were some of the best crowds I’ve ever seen in person.

For what it’s worth I’m a Mocha House guy when I’m in Warren. Best dessert anywhere.

Box score and Warren G. Harding football highlights from their clash with Massillon.

What I don't understand is, Harding has a lot of coaches, way more than any school in this area, yet all they seem to do is watch the game instead of coaching up the kids when they come off the field, making necessary adjustment etc.
Plus the play calling is predictable and not well thought out. I didn't see any actual smooth patterns being run, no crossing, no pick patterns, no bubble screens, nothing that is basic to a good passing game.
Arnold and his staff are not doing right to our kids! They are not teaching them the game of Football and what it takes to Win the tough games. Every Saturday all I read is new excuses that Arnold comes up with
He was a good basketball coach however he is a terrible football coach who has done nothing but left our program waddling in mediocre. It's time for a change and we need an entirely new Football Staff starting at the top

What I don't understand is, Harding has a lot of coaches, way more than any school in this area, yet all they seem to do is watch the game instead of coaching up the kids when they come off the field, making necessary adjustment etc.
Plus the play calling is predictable and not well thought out. I didn't see any actual smooth patterns being run, no crossing, no pick patterns, no bubble screens, nothing that is basic to a good passing game.
Arnold and his staff are not doing right to our kids! They are not teaching them the game of Football and what it takes to Win the tough games. Every Saturday all I read is new excuses that Arnold comes up with
He was a good basketball coach however he is a terrible football coach who has done nothing but left our program waddling in mediocre. It's time for a change and we need an entirely new Football Staff starting at the top
Amen. Nothing has changed over Arnold's tenure. Same miscues and lack of strategy. Time for a change.