Massillon vs Moeller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why is that hilarious? Anyhoo, they were very good this year and I imagine they will be a stiff challenge next year too. Good get, should be fun.

Why is that hilarious? Anyhoo, they were very good this year and I imagine they will be a stiff challenge next year too. Good get, should be fun.
Because Massillon is supposed to play 10 away games. Didn’t you hear? Otherwise that means that they’re afraid of teams and want to ensure that they can get some home cookin with the refs.

1980 - only year with Faust then he left for Notre Dame
I was a 9 year old ball boy for Massillon in 1980. I remember standing on the sidelines before this game started and hearing one of the Massillon coaches say “Holy s**t, I didn’t know we were playing the Univ of Cincinnati today”. Another coach chimed in and said “ No, that team is better than UC” Those dudes from Moeller were huge.

Has anyone even announced if it’s a home and home? When is the last time Massillon backed out of the road game on a home and home?

Why do you even care where the game is being played?
Sad that the reaction to this game being announced isn’t something like: Oh cool, should be a good game. Kudos to these teams for scheduling each other and especially to Massillon for continuing to schedule D1 parochial teams with double their enrollment.
Nobody at Moe (coaches or AD) has mentioned home and home, only that we play at Massillon in 2022. I’m good with whatever; excited for the trip and to watch the teams play. Coach Elder made it clear in his podcast this past spring, Moe is always looking for opponents.

Nobody at Moe (coaches or AD) has mentioned home and home, only that we play at Massillon in 2022. I’m good with whatever; excited for the trip and to watch the teams play. Coach Elder made it clear in his podcast this past spring, Moe is always looking for opponents.

When Moeller completes their new athletic complex, including Football Stadium in the next couple of years, Massillon would be a great opponent to open the facility. Not sure it will happen, LOL.

I was a 9 year old ball boy for Massillon in 1980. I remember standing on the sidelines before this game started and hearing one of the Massillon coaches say “Holy s**t, I didn’t know we were playing the Univ of Cincinnati today”. Another coach chimed in and said “ No, that team is better than UC” Those dudes from Moeller were huge.
I was there. When I saw Moeller walk out on the field I said a few choice words and then did a lot of praying. Biggest damn team I've ever seen. And they shellacked us to death. Mark Brooks was a man among boys that day.

I was there. When I saw Moeller walk out on the field I said a few choice words and then did a lot of praying. Biggest damn team I've ever seen. And they shellacked us to death. Mark Brooks was a man among boys that day.
I was just a kid but I remember thinking the same thing about Moeller in ‘74 playoff (Warren Harding) in Columbus. I was on the field with my dad and they looked liked grown men, with the coolest uniforms I had ever seen. Thankfully we won but it was easy to see why they were about to begin an incredible run.

Last edited:

Yeah back then 230# fullbacks who could run like that were considered freakish. Bigger than most d-lineman including ours at the time. Then they followed that up with the Fransisco brothers. That was quite a dynasty. Along with Ignatius's stretch that they dominated.

I am totally amazed at the number of threads and non stop chatter regarding Massillon Washington football. Never a dull moment.

Attachments

• img.jpeg
    img.jpeg
    19.7 KB · Views: 38
EVEN Moeller isn't going to schedule Massillon when they're DOWN!!!

We thought we'd catch Ignatius but was a couple decades too early!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.