Massillon Perry 2013 and KW on the sideline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

perry1480

Ok... not to rehash the entire embittered battle of whether or not you like KW, I want to start talking about how everything is going to work next season.

I know that weightlifting has already started and the accountability is there. Great to hear.

I know that, according to stories in the media, that Wake has learned a couple things in his absence on the Perry sideline. Personally, reading those quotes from Wake has gotten me really pumped about the future... primarily because if he said it, he meant it. You have a guy like Wake who is known for breeding tough AKB's in his program, and who has also realized some of his own shortcomings re: his coaching strategies and seeks to improve them. Can't help but love the best of both worlds there.

What I don't know is, who is coming back? The line on both sides will be pretty young if I remember correctly, but Millin and Ehmer are back... missing anyone? Skill wise, Berry returns, and the Guscoff kid is back too. Other than that, looks like a young team.

Those who know... I clearly don't so pipe up! Let me hear what the team looks like next year.

All I know is with Coach Wakefield on the Perry sidelines, the opener at PBTS will be a doozy!!!!!!

1480, I know 4 of the starting offensive linemen were juniors. Nick Sanders is another RB Wake will like. Not big, but runs like he is and is very quick. QB will be a ? Since its been a while since the end of the season, I need to look at the roster again. It will be interesting to see the wing run out of the shotgun. Looks like the offense will have a feel of what Northern Illinois runs.

Thanks BE...

I seriously doubt we'll see Perry out of the shotgun unless we have a monster at QB... Bealor would probably have been the type of QB Wake would alter the Wing-T for.

I think that the extreme example of the athletic prototype found roaming the halls of SVSM is a stretch. We don't have kids like that every year... but when they come along, it's good to know that KW will adapt to get the ball in the hands of the playmakers. Because we don't have those kids year in, year out, I don't think we'll see too much variation.

I fully expect Perry to lull the opponent to sleep with run right, middle, and left and then time it perfectly with Rip 37 counter for the big gain.

Oil Filter, he's not going anywhere and is pissed someone started that rumor.

1480, Wake already has stated it won't be the same old wing t. I'm sure there will be some under center stuff, but from what one of his assistants told me there will be lots of shotgun wing t and more passing than in the past.

Oil Filter, he's not going anywhere and is pissed someone started that rumor.

1480, Wake already has stated it won't be the same old wing t. I'm sure there will be some under center stuff, but from what one of his assistants told me there will be lots of shotgun wing t and more passing than in the past.

I guess I interpreted his comments differently.

“I was chastised for running the ball,” Wakefield said. “When you play teams that have more athleticism, then you better find a way. I always protected my defense with my offense. If you’re playing Massillon, McKinley, Boardman, GlenOak, Hoover and they’re better than you, then you better find a way to keep their guys off the field, or you get beat.”

later...

"There’s only so many things you can do. We will throw it more, but we have to control the football. You can’t let Massillon and McKinley on the field more than you are.”

seems like unless we have the athletes, I assume it will be the same old wing-t.

Wake may be a hard,tough coach but he is a fair man and a Christian. He was and will be again one of the best coaches in the county. He has ties to Mount Union , Ohio State ++ so i'm not worried about any transferring .
In regards to scheduling, i just want what is best for OUR boys. It doesn't matter what we adults want. We played Coffman and lost so what does that prove? We need the program built back up and Wake can do that. Just give the man some time.

1480, again, I think there will be some new wrinkles. Just going by what I've been told. I guess we will find out at the first scrimmage.

I am just joking with you, congrat on the hire, he will do a good job.Are you running the wing t again?.

If anyone has questions about Perry's potential offense I'd go back to look at what Boardman ran during the 07, 08, and to a lesser extent, 09 seasons. Power football can work both under center and out of the gun. It works with a high IQ team, good fundamentals, tough but not always big on the line, a quick back, and a power back or two, traits that should fit well with Perry under Wake.

Here are some highlights from 07:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1WiAvduNVY (Jackson)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3sZrSHKTuE (Perry 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzKNuzqPCHc (Perry 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9HKRqNAi98 (Lake 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxZQ2aqdDZM(Lake 2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9_y_zzTyqg (Corey Linsley (now the OSU center) highlights-includes offensive sets from more games, including playoff matchups vs Euclid and Glenville)

Anyone know who the assistant coaches are or are going to be?

As far as I know he has interviewed all the assistants from last season. The ones that I know for sure that will be back are Slates, Campbell, Hall and Dial. There was a rumor that a couple of former Mount assistants were coming to help, but I can not confirm that as of today.
I also heard that Detwiler was coming back to be his DC, but I don't know if that is definite or not.

Oh yeah, he's keeping the videographer...:)

Returning starters for Perry in 2013

ehmer ol / dl 6'3 270
humphries ol / dl 6'1 260
millin ol / de 6'5 245
caughy ol 6 190
berry rb 5'11 190
attar db 5'10 170
walker ol 6 275
guschoff 5'10 170
liebler 6'2 195 db

plenty of solid letterman who saw plenty of varsity action also return and several athletes who chose not to play are returning. 2013 panthers will be a force in the FED, I can you assure they will be prepared! GET IT DONE!!!

Returning starters for Perry in 2013

ehmer ol / dl 6'3 270
humphries ol / dl 6'1 260
millin ol / de 6'5 245
caughy ol 6 190
berry rb 5'11 190
attar db 5'10 170
walker ol 6 275
guschoff 5'10 170
liebler 6'2 195 db

plenty of solid letterman who saw plenty of varsity action also return and several athletes who chose not to play are returning. 2013 panthers will be a force in the FED, I can you assure they will be prepared! GET IT DONE!!!

As Big Ed stated before... a good batch of linemen return. Excellent. Anytime you can return linemen who assisted in some great stats for the skill players like Berry and Bealor will set you up for success.

Status
Not open for further replies.