Massillon @ Avon scrimmage #1

And again bro im not trying to be a d!ck but I fully expected silly mistakes to happen i expected missed tackles too happen I think this is the 2nd day of contact so I fully expected things to be a little bit sloppy
Yeah I expected them too. My response was to the breakdown that was quoted from Easterling which could give some an incorrect idea of how the scrimmage went.

So let me make sure I have interpreted what occurred correctly. 2 teams that are regular participants in the final four squared off after a couple of days of contact. Both teams made some mistakes. One team missed tackles, threw a couple picks, had some penalties, but somehow managed to score more points. One person summarizes the score the other would prefer to discuss nothing but mistakes. Can anyone tell me what happened at the line of scrimmage?

So let me make sure I have interpreted what occurred correctly. 2 teams that are regular participants in the final four squared off after a couple of days of contact. Both teams made some mistakes. One team missed tackles, threw a couple picks, had some penalties, but somehow managed to score more points. One person summarizes the score the other would prefer to discuss nothing but mistakes. Can anyone tell me what happened at the line of scrimmage?
If you’re referring to me as wanting to only discuss the mistakes that is false. Was just trying to provide a different perspective than “we kicked their asses and they didn’t score” that was sure to be the interpretation of the vague breakdown

Massillon was massive up front. The weak spot on offense this year will be the quarterback play. I would start the freshmen and take your bumps early, but set yourself up for 3 years of QB dominance. They will have no issue winning region 7. Defensively the Beachwood kid, Canton Central Catholic, and Hoban linebacker (reported by Goul) really solidify an elite defense.
Lol this is cute. Hoban and other schools just like them get kids all over numerous school districts and counties but yet here we are pointing out a few transfers into Massillon. Get a life

I think it's safe to say that the fans and the coaches have a different perspective on scrimmages. What many don't realize is that parts of scrimmages are used to work on things the team struggles with, to improve on them.

Spot on about the comments regarding the impact a strong coordinated youth program can have on the high school team. That's how schools like Avon, Massillon, Aurora, etc...can sustain excellence over the long haul.

I think it's safe to say that the fans and the coaches have a different perspective on scrimmages. What many don't realize is that parts of scrimmages are used to work on things the team struggles with, to improve on them.

Spot on about the comments regarding the impact a strong coordinated youth program can have on the high school team. That's how schools like Avon, Massillon, Aurora, etc...can sustain excellence over the long haul.
Yep, there’s zero expectations to perform really well in a first scrimmage. Rotating kids all the time and working on things you need to improve

Massillon was massive up front. The weak spot on offense this year will be the quarterback play. I would start the freshmen and take your bumps early, but set yourself up for 3 years of QB dominance. They will have no issue winning region 7. Defensively the Beachwood kid, Canton Central Catholic, and Hoban linebacker (reported by Goul) really solidify an elite defense.
Are you going to comment on the kids that left Massillon in those threads ? ??‍♂️

I never put it in a negative point of view. It’s no secret that to win a state title in division 2 you have to get move ins to compete with Hoban and La Salle. I was stating that those 3 players are elite, so yes they are returning 1 starter, but those guys are all Ohio type players who have started elsewhere.
Slow the roll hyping these three players, I asked previously around when the lift a thon happened about Kirksey play time at Hoban and was told he barely got any play time. I do believe Moore will be a great addition to the D line along with possibly a big year for him and Campbell will add some depth to WR and on defense. Let’s not act like these are 3 ELITE D1 players.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Andrai Jones got any action on D or O line at the scrimmage or if he’s possibly hurt? I didn’t see his name mentioned in Easterling recent article.

Slow the roll hyping these three players, I asked previously around when the lift a thon happened about Kirksey play time at Hoban and was told he barely got any play time. I do believe Moore will be a great addition to the D line along with possibly a big year for him and Campbell will add some depth to WR and on defense. Let’s not act like these are 3 ELITE D1 players.

Yeah really. Define elite. The Hoban kid would be a pleasant surprise as he never played a down there. Short, but weight room strong.

Qb play as a problem??????? hmmmmmmm....

I wouldn't say problem. Weak spot? Maybe. We have decent talent, just inexperience. We were kind of in the same boat last year with Catrone and that went about as well as you can hope. I'm sure our staff will put our guys in the best position to succeed.

I wouldn't say problem. Weak spot? Maybe. We have decent talent, just inexperience. We were kind of in the same boat last year with Catrone and that went about as well as you can hope. I'm sure our staff will put our guys in the best position to succeed.
We’re gonna need more than an average of 1 TD per game out of the QB position

Please elaborate on the QB play and HOW it will be a problem. I mean....to make such a statement you must have seen something....right?