Martin RPI

Question for those in the know, I am aware the basketball coaches association asked all coaches in Ohio about using Martin RPI for seeding. Has there been any feedback requested from coaches in basketball, or any other sport, for their thoughts on using MaxPreps to do seeding?

Feels like the OHSAA used a little bait (Martin) and switch (MP) to drive revenue for a partner (MP).

Question for those in the know, I am aware the basketball coaches association asked all coaches in Ohio about using Martin RPI for seeding. Has there been any feedback requested from coaches in basketball, or any other sport, for their thoughts on using MaxPreps to do seeding?

Feels like the OHSAA used a little bait (Martin) and switch (MP) to drive revenue for a partner (MP).
"Has there been any feedback requested"? You mean as in OHSAA asking coaches what they think of their going with MP instead of Martin?

"Has there been any feedback requested"? You mean as in OHSAA asking coaches what they think of their going with MP instead of Martin?
Yep, I know the coaches association asked coaches/administrators about Martin and feedback was positive. Seems OHSAA took that as endorsement for any formula based system and handed it to MaxPreps.

Yep, I know the coaches association asked coaches/administrators about Martin and feedback was positive. Seems OHSAA took that as endorsement for any formula based system and handed it to MaxPreps.
Yes, that is certainly what appears to have happened. As sloppy as MaxPreps has been, they likely would have gotten no where close to the same support for using them as they did Martin. Not very professional in approach.

Wait, hold on. MaxPreps has been the "official partner of scores and data" for many OHSAA sports for a while so that would be nothing new for basketball. However, for baseball, the seeding was still done via voting by coaches. Are you guys saying that the actual SEEDS would be determined by MaxPreps, too? Or just they're now the official partner, like in other sports?

If seeds are going to be determined by MaxPreps, that is just WRONG. My 5-year old daughter could rank teams better than MaxPreps.
One kernel of interest is this proposition of “all sports” seems to be going over the District Boards.

One kernel of interest is this proposition of “all sports” seems to be going over the District Boards.
Absolutely! At least for basketball, the tournament has always been a "state" tournament but it was managed by the districts through the district finals. Then the regional and state tournament is managed by OHSAA corporate. Of course they always had oversight of the whole thing.

In my opinion, the more OHSAA corporate is involved in things, the worse things get.