MAC Basketball

No, if he had gotten any "shot" off it would have been a wild toss at best. That's why the ML player clearly fouling him was such a bad decision.
If you watch the video closely all the more reason to call a foul. The Crestview player got hooked and bumped and knocked to the opposite direction away from the basket. He had the defender beat and enough time for a shot. As I said, ML was up 12, scored 6 points last quarter and did not hit their foul shots. Losers blame the referee.

Agree..but my point is....ya have to know how to play with the height ya have.

Having 6'7 guys outside the arc throwing up threes....not good
You’re right. 6’7 guys should not exclusively shoot threes. But in ML’s case, Niekamp was one of their best 3 point shooters. Will you just not let him shoot 3s? Make him exclusively stand inside the 3 point line? The game has evolved.

Winning a state title in boys bball is very difficult to do and maybe now more than ever with recruited all-star teams like Richmond Heights. The MAC has won 10 boys bball titles in all, with ST. Henry winning 4 titles and Marion Local next with 3. 6 MAC teams have never won a single state title (Fort Recovery's title pre MAC) and several of them have never been to state. Coaches who have won numerous games never won a single state championship. I can remember SH fans complaining that they should have won more titles under Guilbault, comes with the job.
I think you could make a legit argument that basketball is the hardest sport to win a state title in of all the OHSAA sports. Almost every high school offers basketball, only 4 divisions and the variability in the outcomes of the games due to hot/cold shooting nights, foul trouble, etc is probably greater than the variability in any other sport other than baseball. Also, pretty much every school tries at basketball. There are a lot of schools that couldn't care less about several other sports but basketball is a money maker so almost every school puts some effort into it.

You’re right. 6’7 guys should not exclusively shoot threes. But in ML’s case, Niekamp was one of their best 3 point shooters. Will you just not let him shoot 3s? Make him exclusively stand inside the 3 point line? The game has evolved.
I’m not talking about Marion L. I’m talking about basketball in general. If ya have some guys much bigger then the other team, feed it inside!

And you’re acting like officials are thinking of all these different things in the moment. It looked like a foul. ML and others can complain all they want, but it was a foul.
Why contridict yourself. First ya give them cover by giving them an excuse “ it happens so fast.. they can’t think that fast “. .. and then in the next sentence claim it was a foul.

Why contridict yourself. First ya give them cover by giving them an excuse “ it happens so fast.. they can’t think that fast “. .. and then in the next sentence claim it was a foul.
it looked like a foul. And it was a foul. What’s contradicting about that. I think I am stating the truth. And maybe you need to get out and see some more basketball games. I’m saying it’s a foul regardless of situation. Rule book isn’t any different for the end of a game.

it looked like a foul. And it was a foul. What’s contradicting about that. I think I am stating the truth. And maybe you need to get out and see some more basketball games. I’m saying it’s a foul regardless of situation. Rule book isn’t any different for the end of a game.
Wasnt a foul… according to professionals and 95 percent of the people on the net.
Will you agree that if that was a foul… the pass interference on the next play should have been called? Or .. ya don’t call that at that point in a game

If you watch the video closely all the more reason to call a foul. The Crestview player got hooked and bumped and knocked to the opposite direction away from the basket. He had the defender beat and enough time for a shot. As I said, ML was up 12, scored 6 points last quarter and did not hit their foul shots. Losers blame the referee.
Hooked? Wth.. the cv player was pushing off with his left arm.. or trying to grab his shirt so he wouldn’t fall flat in his face as he went to the basket out of control

Wasnt a foul… according to professionals and 95 percent of the people on the net.
Will you agree that if that was a foul… the pass interference on the next play should have been called? Or .. ya don’t call that at that point in a game
Fouls are fouls regardless of time in the game

It’s gotten much more physical.. all the reason to put lineman under the basket
it's also why any big man in the NBA or college that has any skill is from a country you can't find on a map...because every American coach lived in the 1980s until like 2012.