LSU Joe Burrow Billboard

Raider6309

Looks like LSU and Boosters put up this billboard in 54 locations across Ohio

82057882_10159171476592738_5160053535676563456_n.jpg

It does appear that he is in fact an Iowa native.And certainly to midwest to ever be Qb at Thee...

Eh.

Where I think of where some athlete is 'from' I look to where he played in HS.
Yeah me too. When I think about where your from I think about the formative years 10-21. Joe can say he’s from wherever he wants. I’ve spent most of my adult life in Ohio but when asked I say I’m from Pennsylvania.

Just saw one of Route 4 in Hamilton.

Being an OU guy the green and Athens first caught my eye from a distance then saw what it was when I got closer.

Exciting times I'm sure for him, his family, and all SE Ohio.

Just saw one of Route 4 in Hamilton.

Being an OU guy the green and Athens first caught my eye from a distance then saw what it was when I got closer.

Exciting times I'm sure for him, his family, and all SE Ohio.
Too bad those Athens kids didn’t all go to OU. OU hasn’t won the MAC since Todd Synder(Son of the great basketball coach) turned down Woody Hayes to stay home. Was the highest scoring offense in college football

Joe Burrow LSU
Trae Williams Northwestern
Ibi Watson Michigan basketball
Parker Stewart Pittsburgh basketball
Ryan Luehram Ohio U
Adam Luehram Ohio U
Zacciah Saltzman Georgetown

Too bad those Athens kids didn’t all go to OU. OU hasn’t won the MAC since Todd Synder(Son of the great basketball coach) turned down Woody Hayes to stay home. Was the highest scoring offense in college football

Joe Burrow LSU
Trae Williams Northwestern
Ibi Watson Michigan basketball
Parker Stewart Pittsburgh basketball
Ryan Luehram Ohio U
Adam Luehram Ohio U
Zacciah Saltzman Georgetown

Tell me about it. I think some Bobcat fans were a little delusional that Joe was going to stay in Athens to play. That never seemed likely to me. At one point I thought it might be possible if things went south at OSU. Trae Williams was actually solidly committed to play in green and white until Northwestern offered. Can't blame him for taking the chance to play in the Big 10 and even more to receive a Northwestern education.

Even with Joe, the Bobcats would probably still not win the MAC with their wet paper bag defense.

And yes, 1968 was a very long time ago. As well as Frank has done, it is frustrating that he has not been able to win a MAC title. Some schools have won titles with multiple coaches during his tenure.

Tell me about it. I think some Bobcat fans were a little delusional that Joe was going to stay in Athens to play. That never seemed likely to me. At one point I thought it might be possible if things went south at OSU. Trae Williams was actually solidly committed to play in green and white until Northwestern offered. Can't blame him for taking the chance to play in the Big 10 and even more to receive a Northwestern education.

Even with Joe, the Bobcats would probably still not win the MAC with their wet paper bag defense.

And yes, 1968 was a very long time ago. As well as Frank has done, it is frustrating that he has not been able to win a MAC title. Some schools have won titles with multiple coaches during his tenure.
I grew up watching OU suck, so Frank was the best thing to happen to OU. We just can’t get over the hump.

Raider6309 - Completely agree with you, Solich is the best thing to happen to OU football over the last 40+ years. In the 80's and 90's OU was always mention in College Football's "Bottom Ten" - ie one of the worse 10 teams in Division I football. Solich brought stability, respectability and then winning to the OU football program. Without Solich and Burrow's dad coaching for 14 years at OU...
* Joe Burrow never grows up in Athens, OH
* Athens HS never makes the State Championship game in 2014
* Athens foodbank never gets $450,000+ dollars in 2019/2020
* Many, many more good things that Athens and OU will benefit from by their association with Solich & the Burrow family.