Louisville Leopards 2021

Varsity: Perry 34, Louisville 14

Video Highlights and Stats. Full Story to Come...

It’s broke bad…they tried to plug different guys into a broken system and your going to keep getting the same results. The one drive we scored on is the offense that we should have installed in the off season, probably last year. But they kept going to 3-4 wide shotgun hellbent gonna do our thing. Lake threw the ball 13 times last night…we still threw the ball over 20 with “wildcat” QB’s in the entire game. Their in scramble mode now. Tried a few times to change up the defensive front, again…when your base defense is basically a nickel package, your front 3 have to consume double teams and your linebackers have to make a ton of tackles. You also need backups to be able to step in and fill those positions. Not the roster to run a 3-3-5 defense. A good coach puts his players in the best position to win. If it were me I’d come out next week with 2 backs, one tight, Ramsey at the H and Seaman and Mueller at wr. On defense I go 4-3 walking Ramsey up and letting him play the line in the “up” position, bring in another backer ( as good as Jobes has been on offense, he’s an equally good LB). Then giveherhell.
Just saw this for the first time. Saying the linebackers need to make tons of tackles that Davide kid against perry had about 10 or so tackles. The Ramsey and Morley were down at end tackling on guards against perry. Also Adleman was coming down making plays. This is what we need but what ab the rest of the defense? It seems like if Davide or Adleman didn’t make the play it was for 10 yds.

Just saw this for the first time. Saying the linebackers need to make tons of tackles that Davide kid against perry had about 10 or so tackles. The Ramsey and Morley were down at end tackling on guards against perry. Also Adleman was coming down making plays. This is what we need but what ab the rest of the defense? It seems like if Davide or Adleman didn’t make the play it was for 10 yds.
The linebackers made a lot of the tackles against Perry. Coaches tweaked the defense a bit and played more of a 5-2, 5-3 look, compared to our base 3-3, but none the less those are the kids that should make the majority of the tackles in that defense. Just got gassed last week, hard to defend Perry with a healthy team and good numbers. Coaches showed last week they will make some adjustments on both sides of the ball, and it might not have shown it on the scoreboard, but we didn’t turn the ball over and got Adelman involved more on offense. Gave the QB a game he could manage instead of trying to put it all on QB’s that never started a varsity game and asking them to throw it 30 times.

There is talk on the St Thomas thread they might get some Louisville kids to play for them. I just wanted to throw out this because I guess Louisville is so bad they're going to lose players to St Thomas

Actually, the ADs do not make the decision of what league they can be in. They can only recommend. And from what I hear, they have offered but the Superintendent is taking their direction from one board member (JA). It’s up to the Superintendent.
Louisville was basically kicked out of the league. Some of the districts refuse to play them in football because when they were actually coached well they trounced those teams.
To form a league or get accepted into a league you need an AD that is an excellent salesman. Good at negotiations with other schools and with our own board AND community. Everyone knows that no league is a death sentence to sport programs. The board is not going to stop that process. The main fear is the community. They will not like driving far or not winning, so the league has to be perfect and the only one that fits us is the EBC.

Louisville applied to join the Fed League and then withdrew their application. It was on the radio. Then a few months later re-applied for the Federal League.
I do not know for sure, but I suspect the board member thotunew mentioned (JA) was the reason for Louisville's hesitancy to join the Fed.
I do know the JA was the main Board members that pushed out Demarco. Since then, not only has Louisville failed to get in a league, they have had three years of disappointing football and two different coaches.
Not every one liked Demarco or the idea of joining the Federal league, but the program would have been much better if they would have kept their head coach and joined the Fed.
Good luck getting it turned around Leopards, Stark County football is better when Louisville is good.

Louisville's problems are multiple. But the main problem is the schedule. Fixing that would be a great start. Then they can move on to evaluate coaches, AD, Board etc.. You can see that Louisville can not compete in the FED for more than a half. Green game was prime example. Played tough for a half, but majority of kids playing both ways 95% of the game wore down. One key injury and you get the same result every game. It's not conditioning, it is lack of depth. Pair that with minimal half time adjustments and they will continue to lose.

Louisville's problems are multiple. But the main problem is the schedule. Fixing that would be a great start. Then they can move on to evaluate coaches, AD, Board etc.. You can see that Louisville can not compete in the FED for more than a half. Green game was prime example. Played tough for a half, but majority of kids playing both ways 95% of the game wore down. One key injury and you get the same result every game. It's not conditioning, it is lack of depth. Pair that with minimal half time adjustments and they will continue to lose.
The main problem isn’t scheduling. The teams 5-6 years ago would be 5-2 or 6-1 right now. Lack of skill.

Neither one of the last 2 games can change the sour taste of this season and IMO save this coaches job. You could go 1-9 but your 1 victory has to be against a big rival like Hoover and played everyone else close. Beating Alliance this year (if they could) is not a game that anyone would say "there is hope". This program needs a change. Maybe an ex coach from the past can be brought back? Kids need to be excited to play for Louisville again. They need a schedule that is fair and balance. This program cannot survive another season with the same coaching, same schedule, same results. Sad to hear people say we should/ hope to be 5-5.

What are everyone’s thoughts on the week 9 and 10 (alliance and kindly) opponents? I hope the leopards can get at least 1 win I’m not a Louisville fan but I never imagined a leopard team staring down the barrel of 0-10. Hopefully this proud program gets it turned around soon.

Neither one of the last 2 games can change the sour taste of this season and IMO save this coaches job. You could go 1-9 but your 1 victory has to be against a big rival like Hoover and played everyone else close. Beating Alliance this year (if they could) is not a game that anyone would say "there is hope". This program needs a change. Maybe an ex coach from the past can be brought back? Kids need to be excited to play for Louisville again. They need a schedule that is fair and balance. This program cannot survive another season with the same coaching, same schedule, same results. Sad to hear people say we should/ hope to be 5-5.
Alliance should be a 2 to 3 touchdown favorite, they will put points on the board and happened to run into a buzzsaw last night. I hope Louisville finds a consistent schedule or league (EBC!!) because they are not going to turn it around with their current schedule.

Alliance should be a 2 to 3 touchdown favorite, they will put points on the board and happened to run into a buzzsaw last night. I hope Louisville finds a consistent schedule or league (EBC!!) because they are not going to turn it around with their current schedule.
You are spot on. It is either EBC which outside of Minerva have gotten better since Louisville was kicked out or you make a Indy schedule based on what skill level you have coming up. There is no way you should schedule 5 Fed schools plus 2 other D2 schools with the numbers the football team has right now.

You are spot on. It is either EBC which outside of Minerva have gotten better since Louisville was kicked out or you make a Indy schedule based on what skill level you have coming up. There is no way you should schedule 5 Fed schools plus 2 other D2 schools with the numbers the football team has right now.
Realistically what are the odds that the EBC takes them back?

Realistically what are the odds that the EBC takes them back?
Not good. Depends if there are grown ups in the room that see the past is the past and no need to keep hard feelings over something that happen from forming a new relationship that could make the EBC stronger and grow back to 8 teams. If the NE8 doesn't take Howland they would be a good fit for the EBC too.

I’m not sure the people of Louisville are ready/willing to step on the toes or make the changes that need to be done to save the program.
RedLep said something about bringing back an ex-coach…assuming Farrah is who he’s referring to…all be it he’s not interested in dealing with this from what I understand, that would be comical to see who scrambles and disappears from this program and TD club if that were to happen. That alone would set things on the right course. Oh the bitching and moaning would be worth the price of admission from the peanut gallery that got us to where we are now. Funny thing is you could throw stupid money his way and get paid back first home game next year. There’d be 6500 in the stands, instead of the 1400 last night and 400 of those left by halftime. Make him an offer financially he can’t refuse and I’d bet in 2 years the program would be turning around, the schedule would be fixed, and numbers would be up.

I’m not sure the people of Louisville are ready/willing to step on the toes or make the changes that need to be done to save the program.
RedLep said something about bringing back an ex-coach…assuming Farrah is who he’s referring to…all be it he’s not interested in dealing with this from what I understand, that would be comical to see who scrambles and disappears from this program and TD club if that were to happen. That alone would set things on the right course. Oh the bitching and moaning would be worth the price of admission from the peanut gallery that got us to where we are now. Funny thing is you could throw stupid money his way and get paid back first home game next year. There’d be 6500 in the stands, instead of the 1400 last night and 400 of those left by halftime. Make him an offer financially he can’t refuse and I’d bet in 2 years the program would be turning around, the schedule would be fixed, and numbers would be up.
Crislip was a great coach too, but he wasn’t a great coach until they got out of the fed and into the NBC. Lots of respect to both Crislip and Farrah but playing a Federal league D1/D2 schedule is the first issue that needed fixed. Those 2 were both great coaches.

Crislip was a great coach too, but he wasn’t a great coach until they got out of the fed and into the NBC. Lots of respect to both Crislip and Farrah but playing a Federal league D1/D2 schedule is the first issue that needed fixed. Those 2 were both great coaches.
That gives the impression that if this staff coached in the EBC they would look like a good staff and that’s not the case. We’d be 1-9 or maybe 2-8 if we could win the toss-up game against Marlington. This is the worst staff in the history of Louisville football, way worse than a 3-7 Crislip coached team that played in the federal league, and I know this because I was on that team. We beat this years team by 4 scores easily and there were 8 seniors on our team that year, a ton of sophomores playing. My class was undefeated as freshman and possibly the class behind me too against the federal league schedule. I was around during the shift from federal to NBC and it wasn’t the same federal league as it is today and it isn’t the same NBC either. Just fixing the schedule doesn’t fix the program.

That gives the impression that if this staff coached in the EBC they would look like a good staff and that’s not the case. We’d be 1-9 or maybe 2-8 if we could win the toss-up game against Marlington. This is the worst staff in the history of Louisville football, way worse than a 3-7 Crislip coached team that played in the federal league, and I know this because I was on that team. We beat this years team by 4 scores easily and there were 8 seniors on our team that year, a ton of sophomores playing. My class was undefeated as freshman and possibly the class behind me too against the federal league schedule. I was around during the shift from federal to NBC and it wasn’t the same federal league as it is today and it isn’t the same NBC either. Just fixing the schedule doesn’t fix the program.
Not exactly what I meant/ crislip and farrah were both great coaches in my opinion. I am not taking anything away from them, I just think that they need to start playing like size schools and it would be hard for any coach to win consistently with Louisville’s independent schedule. The indendent status and schedule is at least part of the problem in my opinion. Hey, I am a life long Minerva fan so you don’t know frustration and I hope you never have to go through what we are going through with really no end in sight, for us it’s just a severely broken program. And this year’s EBC is pretty good, a lot like those early NBC days.

Unfortunately this isn’t professional or college sports and as such he’d be offered his teaching salary (which he already gets) , HC stipend( I don’t know their contract) which is probably 6-8500k, and maybe a 1k weight room stipend or 2.