Louisville Leopards 2021

This banana gate is blown completely out of proportion. If you want more information please DM. It’s an angry parent trying to stir the pot.

as far as football, the EBC is currently:

West Branch (Dominant, best team in 20 years, I think they will make a run, they are that good)

2nd tier (all these teams can beat each other on any given night very even matchups)
salem
South
Carrollton
Alliance
Marlington

bottom tier Minerva ( they are just really bad, worst team in stark county)

I think after watching Louisville, they would fit with the rest of the mid tier, the alliance Louisville game was very entertaining.

This banana gate is blown completely out of proportion. If you want more information please DM. It’s an angry parent trying to stir the pot.

as far as football, the EBC is currently:

West Branch (Dominant, best team in 20 years, I think they will make a run, they are that good)

2nd tier (all these teams can beat each other on any given night very even matchups)
salem
South
Carrollton
Alliance
Marlington

bottom tier Minerva ( they are just really bad, worst team in stark county)

I think after watching Louisville, they would fit with the rest of the mid tier, the alliance Louisville game was very entertaining.
Thanks for the clarification! There are a lot of prodominitaly white schools in the EBC who I am sure have their racist moments but there ist a lot more good that bad at the schools, at least I hope so. South is gone but i think Louisville woud fit in. Right now WB is really good and Minvera is really bad but the Leopards would fit right in with the pack, just like they did in 2016 and 17 when Alliance was king..

Thanks for the clarification! There are a lot of prodominitaly white schools in the EBC who I am sure have their racist moments but there ist a lot more good that bad at the schools, at least I hope so. South is gone but i think Louisville woud fit in. Right now WB is really good and Minvera is really bad but the Leopards would fit right in with the pack, just like they did in 2016 and 17 when Alliance was king..
I don't think it is a matter of demographic "fit"
The leps "fit" when the other teams stepped away from the NBC.
EBC goes to 6, and I don't see members other than Alliance voting them back in any time in the future. Seems schedules in all sports are filling up so the need is not as great for the EBC to go back to 7.

I believe next year they will be okay. This year’s Junior class is decent and getting a lot of experience. Most of the OL is back, along with the running back and most of the defense will return including 3 of the 4 linebackers (Considering the spur as a linebacker). A lot of Juniors playing this year. Of course this depends on how much work is put in the off-season.

Was at the game last Friday and I thought it was a good game to watch and thought the kids on both sides played an hard fought game. It was nice to see the student bodies on both sides coming to the game to support their classmates. The students did a great job cheering on the teams. I hope the 2 schools keep playing and block out the noise.

Louisville Leopards at Linsly Cadets Live Video Stream:

Never too early
I’ll start by saying I’m extremely impressed that after the debacle against GO, that this team, these seniors, and the staff (yes I give credit where credit is due) found a way to win the last 2 games. Two weeks ago we were clearly not favored to win either of those games. Those 2 wins will hopefully give hope to the underclass that there’s something to build on.
With that said, changes need to be made in how things are done. Not saying coaching changes, but your not going to get different results by doing things the same way that produced back to back 2 win seasons. Out with the old and in with the new…starts with off season weight training and conditioning…get someone in there that these kids are going to respond to!

Any shot the Leps make a run in the playoffs? The way we are playing now I don’t see many teams in the state playing better football right now. Hitting our stride at the right time.

Any shot the Leps make a run in the playoffs? The way we are playing now I don’t see many teams in the state playing better football right now. Hitting our stride at the right time.
In order to make a run in the playoffs you first have to actually be IN the playoffs.

when you only have 225, 150 is a big # , especially in a sport that requires 22 starters
I just don’t think enrollment plays as much of a factor as many think. Yeah, occasionally it’ll bite ya in the butt. But Lake has been just fine in the fed. Some schools have nearly 400 more boys than Lake. I think some use it as a copout. Louisville didn’t run that conference due to numbers.

I just don’t think enrollment plays as much of a factor as many think. Yeah, occasionally it’ll bite ya in the butt. But Lake has been just fine in the fed. Some schools have nearly 400 more boys than Lake. I think some use it as a copout. Louisville didn’t run that conference due to numbers.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. We were easily able to compete with Louisville in basketball, only takes 7 quality guys, those are numbers you can find in 225. Finding 20-25 quality football players out of 225, not so much. Call it a cop out if you want, But in my opinion, it was the the biggest factor. It created the winning, which bred the continual winning....which is no longer there....and people wonder why

Last edited:
All the decisions are being made by JA as far as who he wants in those positions. AD, Principal and Sup are doing what they are told to do or lose their job.
Coach picks who he wants to play and it’s up to the ADs in each district to work the schedule out. After they work the logistics out, each school signs a contract, usually 2 to 4 years.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. We were easily able to compete with Louisville in basketball, only takes 7 quality guys, those are numbers you can find in 225. Finding 20-25 quality football players out of 225, not so much. Call it a cop out if you want, But in my opinion, it was the the biggest factor. It created the winning, which bred the continual winning....which is no longer there....and people wonder why
Enrollment has zero to do with the ability to win. Just look around at the league champions in this area. None of the them are the biggest in theit league and many of them are among the smallest. Look across the state. South Range is by far the smallest in their league, Kirtland is the smallest in theirs, Marion Local is 8th out of 10. Enrollment is a very small advantage.

Enrollment has zero to do with the ability to win. Just look around at the league champions in this area. None of the them are the biggest in theit league and many of them are among the smallest. Look across the state. South Range is by far the smallest in their league, Kirtland is the smallest in theirs, Marion Local is 8th out of 10. Enrollment is a very small advantage.
When Louisville was in the NBC they ran a superior program for a number of years so they were the top dog. However, enrollment does help to a certain extent but quality of the program is still the main factor. Especially when it is a 1 division difference. D4 teams West Branch, Carrolton, Salem and South all finished ahead of D3 teams Marlington and Allance the last 2 years. In a perfect world it would be nice to have all league teams the same size the that is not possilbe. I think demographics and local economy has a bigger impact than a 1 division difference in enrollment.

When you start making a 2 division jump then enrollment becomes an advantage.

LOUSIVILLE SHOULD STILL BE IN THE NBC!!