Longview Defeats John Curtiss

WoodyHayes

homesick
Longview defeated 9th (I think) ranked La. John Curtiss 24 - 20 today. I did not see the game but heard it was exciting.

Longview defeated 9th (I think) ranked La. John Curtiss 24 - 20 today. I did not see the game but heard it was exciting.

Longview stopped Curtis on 4th down very late in the 4th deep in Longview territory. Longview then drove the length of the field to score the winning TD with less than a minute remaining.

Earlier in the game Curtis intercepted a Longview pass and returned it for a TD.

Longview stopped Curtis on 4th down very late in the 4th deep in Longview territory. Longview then drove the length of the field to score the winning TD with less than a minute remaining.

Earlier in the game Curtis intercepted a Longview pass and returned it for a TD.

longview scored in the third quarter in large part due to another bogus texas home cooking call on a pass that was clearly out of bounds, th eplay was like a 35 yard gain and the receiver clearly never had possession of the ball until he was out of bounds

similar to the home cooking slc got against mnw but home cooking cant overcome 5 choke turnovers

The following is the New Orlean Times-Picayune account of the game that does not include of any home cooking.

http://www.nola.com/prepfootball/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-3/1190529224310280.xml&coll=1&thispage=1

I find people that blame everything on the officials as "small people". Officiating is not easy. I officiate a high school sport and would grade myself as a B- grade official. I wish I were an A+ official, but the eyes and legs are not 18 anymore and I do not have the benefit of television replays to correct my errors. But I do the best I can and the game is better for me being out there. The alternative is the game can be played without officials.

I have not met an official in any sport who I feel is biased. Remarks by folks like Consumerman make me mad. I think in every game fans and coaches are not going to agree on a calls. But in the end it usually evens out and the coaches know it (not sure about the fans).

I have searched for Louisiana messageboards supporting Consumerman's accusations, but have not found any. In fact the comments have been about how athletic Longview was.

Sorry the game did not turn out how you wanted it Consumerman. Had to blame someone. If it makes you happy Evangel beat Texas High 26-13 in a game played in Texas. There coach stated the officiating was fair. This comes from a fan base that believes the all officials hate them. I remind you the rules in Texas are different than other states in high school. You would expect kids taught to play football under NFHS rules to have a difficult time adjusting for one game a year.

The following is the New Orlean Times-Picayune account of the game that does not include of any home cooking.

http://www.nola.com/prepfootball/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-3/1190529224310280.xml&coll=1&thispage=1

I find people that blame everything on the officials as "small people". Officiating is not easy. I officiate a high school sport and would grade myself as a B- grade official. I wish I were an A+ official, but the eyes and legs are not 18 anymore and I do not have the benefit of television replays to correct my errors. But I do the best I can and the game is better for me being out there. The alternative is the game can be played without officials.

I have not met an official in any sport who I feel is biased. Remarks by folks like Consumerman make me mad. I think in every game fans and coaches are not going to agree on a calls. But in the end it usually evens out and the coaches know it (not sure about the fans).

I have searched for Louisiana messageboards supporting Consumerman's accusations, but have not found any. In fact the comments have been about how athletic Longview was.

Sorry the game did not turn out how you wanted it Consumerman. Had to blame someone. If it makes you happy Evangel beat Texas High 26-13 in a game played in Texas. There coach stated the officiating was fair. This comes from a fan base that believes the all officials hate them. I remind you the rules in Texas are different than other states in high school. You would expect kids taught to play football under NFHS rules to have a difficult time adjusting for one game a year.

you went to that much trouble because of what I posted

here is some advice GET A LIFE

the pass was clearly juggled and not a completion
the texas ref didnt even blink an eye and ruled it a completion

similar to the home cooking calls slc got (pass caught clearly out of bounds and replayed on the television broadcast and the best the slc homer announcers could say was if the heel touched in bounds first and the toe touches out of bounds a half second later, it is a completion)

HOME COOKING

but cant overcome bogus completions and non-existant personal foul drive keeping penalties when you choke away 5 turnovers and your line gets manhandled

Last edited:
you went to that much trouble because of what I posted

here is some advice GET A LIFE

the pass was clearly juggled and not a completion
the texas ref didnt even blink an eye and ruled it a completion

similar to the home cooking calls slc got (pass caught clearly out of bounds and replayed on the television broadcast and the best the slc homer announcers could say was if the heel touched in bounds first and the toe touches out of bounds a half second later, it is a completion)

HOME COOKING

but cant overcome bogus completions and non-existant personal foul drive keeping penalties when you choke away 5 turnovers and your line gets manhandled

Here is MR.Clean's post, noted JC guy:

It was a good high school game between two hard-hitting teams yesterday.

Both JCC and Longview made lots of mistakes - and both made lots of big plays....

Longview always has a physical team with stud RBs....and that was the case yesterday.....

Jonathan Pippen (#44) really had a big day at LB for JCC.....Shout out to him and my main man P.J. Smith.....I talked to P.J. after the game and he was in good spirits.....which was good to see.....

Thanks to Longview for taking on our team....