LHS07's Week 4 Top 10 and Outlook

LHS07

1. Moeller (8-0) - Only undefeated left I believe
2. Elder (6-2) - Dominating victory over St Xavier
3. La Salle (7-3) - Only losses to Moeller (twice) and Elder. Impressive at Kilbourne tourney.
4. Hilliard Darby (8-1) - Very impressive this weekend, came up just short against La Salle.
5. St Edward (6-1) - Convincing win over St Xavier solidifies their position.
6. Centerville (8-1) - Assuming they beat Fairmont and Hoban. Got a win over St Xavier on Wednesday.
7. St Xavier (4-4) - Drops after a 1-4 week. They'll go up once they get their best player, Drew Kurtz, back.
8. Worthington Kilbourne - Looked decent this weekend
9. McNicholas - Only losses to La Salle, St X, and Moeller I think.
10. Chaminade-Julienne - My pick for the #2 team in the West.

Tuesday
St Xavier at La Salle - La Salle is playing very well and St X, well, is not. However, La Salle hasnt even taken a game from X since 2003.

Hilliard Davidson at Westerville North - Finally got to see these teams play this weekend and this should be a good matchup.

Wednesday
Centerville at Elder - We know Elder is for real...is Centerville?

Thursday
Westerville North at Pickerington North - Another good OCC battle.

Friday
Fairborn at Centerville - Can the Elks continue their dominance over the West region?

Moeller at St Xavier - The first time in a while that there is a clear favorite in this matchup

i'd go with that, LHS07. one thing ... ofcourse its just my opinon ... id switch st.x and centerville. it sucks that X missed their player (i guess two outsides were taking the ACT at the wolf saturday too?). they should be down in rank because a loss is a loss but i think they could single handly take out centerville (with their starting lineup).

CJ is something like (8/9-3) -- those losses are right
WK is 9-4 i think -- they lost to gahanna and westerville north at the cardinal classic but then destroyed them both, westerville north in the occ 3-0, and gahanna 2-0 at the wolf open. 2 close losses to St.Ed, in sets their 0-5 but theyve all been something like 25 to 20something, so close.

i'd go with that, LHS07. one thing ... ofcourse its just my opinon ... id switch st.x and centerville. it sucks that X missed their player (i guess two outsides were taking the ACT at the wolf saturday too?). they should be down in rank because a loss is a loss but i think they could single handly take out centerville (with their starting lineup).

Centerville beat X in 3 games, so I dont think there is any way you can put X ahead of them until they prove they beat a good team.

st.X over LaSalle -- ill go for the upset, just to upset the south
westerville north over davidson -- just ... yeah
elder over centerville -- easy
westerville north and pick north -- im not going to guess, thats going to be close.
centerville over fairborn -- i dont know
moeller over x -- in 4, it wont be a sweep

st.X over LaSalle -- ill go for the upset, just to upset the south
westerville north over davidson -- just ... yeah
elder over centerville -- easy
westerville north and pick north -- im not going to guess, thats going to be close.
centerville over fairborn -- i dont know
moeller over x -- in 4, it wont be a sweep

I don't think there's any way x takes a game from moeller... even if kurtz is back

I don't think there is any way X SHOULD take a game from Moe BUT dispite Moeller's dominant capibilities, they are vulnerable this year.

They remind me of the 2004 Centerville team, massively overpowering physically, but they were beaten every time by Moeller's smaller but SMARTER players. That group refused to let anyone beat them. This group really doesn't seem to care that much sometimes. Maybe they have heard they are so much better than everyone else that they really don't care what others think.

Usually such a lack of pride won't matter because they are so much better than most of the competition but against a rivalry team (as was mentioned earlier) anything can happen. That is often true in rivaries but I think it is particularly significant this year since Moeller is so overwhelmingly above every other team physically.

You act like Moeller has underachieved this year. They have only dropped 2 games this season and they were to a very very good Elder team in the most hostile environment in the state (in fact, it's the only place where there is actually a significant home court advantage in my opinon). X got blown out by Elder at home and that is quite a rivalry too. What makes you think they can hang with Moeller?

haha. st x, this year, just isnt the strong program they've been for the past couple of years. drew kurtz is an awesome setter, but nowhere near what kehoe was. its unfortunate because i expected st x to be strong again this year with all the seniors they have. it still sort of is early in the season though, so i think st x could rebound by the end of the year to get a good seed for the tournament; but they'll finish behind the other South teams and maybe mcnick

You act like Moeller has underachieved this year. They have only dropped 2 games this season and they were to a very very good Elder team in the most hostile environment in the state (in fact, it's the only place where there is actually a significant home court advantage in my opinon). X got blown out by Elder at home and that is quite a rivalry too. What makes you think they can hang with Moeller?

Elder beat X in 3 at St. X.. Not at Elder

if strausser got a pole put in his leg (did someone say that) proballly not.

as for kurtz being better than kehoe . . . anyone who thinks that either hasn't seen kehoe . . . or knows close to nothing about volleyball.

Strasser did have a rod put in his leg and yea he probably isn't coming back for high school season but should be good to play in nationals this summer