LHS07's Top 10 and Week 2 Outlook

my point is that of everyone on here i think there r 2 moeller players tops and i know pretty much for sure who one of them is and he is a very good starter for moeller the other one i have no idea who he is... So u cant say "Go back to cincinnati and hide behind moeller" Cause none of us do. They are the best team in the state. Period... please try to tell me otherwise

agreed, i play for a team in cincinnati but if the best team in the state was centerville, i would give them as much props and say as many good things about them as i do with moeller
moeller is maddddd good this year -- no one can disagree with that. it seems like some of the people on here are putting others down for talking about an amazing team in our region. if darby or centerville or any other team from other regions were really good, people from those teams' respective regions would be talking them up too. it isnt a bad thing (i dont think)

Last edited:
Ok. That's nice. I was busy laughing at how terrible the competition was.

Okay, pause, right there! This is incredible! By "competition", you must mean the other teams in the tournament, so could this be OhioVBall99 calling Darby, Kilbourne, and all of the other teams who "deserve respect" from the other regions, "terrible"? Don't believe I've ever heard anything of the sort before.

Or maybe the level of skill in Ohio guys volleyball just doesn't satisfy your high standards for the sport like it was when you used to play 10 years ago (sidenote: is there any one else who posts on here consistently that doesn't currently play?). In that case, why do you bother to spend your adult life posting on this website for no other reason than to demean all of us players (especially us "Cincinnati boys") about how bad we are at volleyball. Do you have an overwhelming urge to keep us in our place or something? I really just don't understand your reason for being on here except to get in childish, petty arguments (once again, especially with us Cincinnatians).

Holla back young'n :thumb:

Okay, pause, right there! This is incredible! By "competition", you must mean the other teams in the tournament, so could this be OhioVBall99 calling Darby, Kilbourne, and all of the other teams who "deserve respect" from the other regions, "terrible"? Don't believe I've ever heard anything of the sort before.

Or maybe the level of skill in Ohio guys volleyball just doesn't satisfy your high standards for the sport like it was when you used to play 10 years ago (sidenote: is there any one else who posts on here consistently that doesn't currently play?). In that case, why do you bother to spend your adult life posting on this website for no other reason than to demean all of us players (especially us "Cincinnati boys") about how bad we are at volleyball. Do you have an overwhelming urge to keep us in our place or something? I really just don't understand your reason for being on here except to get in childish, petty arguments (once again, especially with us Cincinnatians).

Since u were on here first u got to say it, but you took the words right from my mouth

I don't really have any problem with people who don't play anymore posting... It's just ohiovball has to put down every team and person who isn't the very best even though he was probably in the same spot... ten... forty... years ago when he played... The reality is volleyball needs a lot more teams before it can get officially sanctioned as a sport in Ohio and obviously not all of them are going to be the best so maybe people should quit laughing at them and start giving them credit for trying and getting volleyball that much closer to becoming a sanctioned sport...

I am much younger than you think I am. 10 years? Not even close.

There was a serious lack of competition. Many of the schools present were garbage. Only teams that I would call "good" would be La Salle, Eds, Kilbourne, Darby. X looked terrible, granted Kurtz didn't play.

I love Cincinnati, I was born in Cincinnati. However some of you continue to belittle the other regions and other players in the state, hence the reason for picking my arguments with the guys out of Cincy, because you are the only ones who run your mouth about how great you all are. In reality, if there was no Moeller and X, Cincinnati wouldn't be all that great at the sport.

I am much younger than you think I am. 10 years? Not even close.

There was a serious lack of competition. Many of the schools present were garbage. Only teams that I would call "good" would be La Salle, Eds, Kilbourne, Darby. X looked terrible, granted Kurtz didn't play.

I love Cincinnati, I was born in Cincinnati. However some of you continue to belittle the other regions and other players in the state, hence the reason for picking my arguments with the guys out of Cincy, because you are the only ones who run your mouth about how great you all are. In reality, if there was no Moeller and X, Cincinnati wouldn't be all that great at the sport.

I'm pretty sure Cincinnati's 3rd best team just went and beat the best team from Columbus and the best team from Cleveland. Nearly every year, this would be true. Last year, Elder was the 3rd best team in the state. The year before it was Max Holt and Purcell Marian. I'm not saying that the rest of the state is bad (Darby is very close to Elder in my opinion), in fact there are often very good teams including Centerville who is always good. It's just that nobody has the depth Cincinnati has. Cleveland never has more than St Ed's, and Columbus, especially this year, is usually pretty weak after their top couple of teams.

What sets Cincinnati teams apart (especially GCL schools) is the level of competition match after match. Moeller, X, Elder and La Salle know that if they are playing each other, or somebody else for that matter, they are going to get their best shot because everybody wants to say that they beat a GCL school. So once they go play out of region teams, they are already tested compared to a team who has been playing mediocre competition. This allows the GCL schools to win even if they aren't as skilled...they just know how to win.