Let's start a good thread. List something positive today.

Home Town Pride
A perverse pleasure for me, looking at the most negative yelp reviews of popular places to make mental fun of the obviously bitter reviewer. Somehow looking for bread, I landed on a local market. Of course they default to the high reviews so I hit the drop down and selected low to high. And the screen didn't change. Our local Stanley's Polish Market, with reviews on orders from Detroit, Cinci and NY giving 5 stars. Yeah it's northsiders but my cousin has worked there forever so it's good.

Was at a different local ethnic market (see baklava post previous page) and saw something that made the wee-wee waggle. Well, the woman at the check-out but besides that. Something I hadn't seen and loved since I was living in Africa. I always thought they were probably chemically induced being in small lebanese run african market where things can sit on the shelf a LONG time but those cookies got me through some stress and there they were..... Bought one package that I've been pounding for three days and like the loaves, they never seem to run out.

FBhSLalWEAQf1on

Athletics, academics, these are things people show with pride about their university. I'm kind of tickled mine is in the news because of student fans dressed in furry costumes, belly-flopping cheerleaders and football players drinking beers thrown at them mid-game. It kind of makes sense. Of all the highly rated Engineering schools, few of them are in as boring a place as West Lafayette, Indiana. I think maybe that breeds a slightly different approach to entertaining ones self?

Wonderful news on both fronts. One question on the new car thing did you have to order it? The new car dealerships still seem to be ghost towns as far as having cars on inventory. i still keep hearing the chips are still the hold up.

OMG - Buying a Car is easier than a DMV visit ..... I f'n left - will attempt another day !!

Went to the doctor today and got stitches out got some bad and then very good news. The skin growth that was removed from my neck was cancerous, but the good news is she got it all and I am good to go.

You earned the large lollypop for that. Congrats!

Eh curious, did she pull the old, "I got some good news and I got some bad news" schtick on you and if so, which did you choose?

S
Yearly or 6 months check up?
Since My blood pressure decided to take a turn up I have been going every 3 months. Blood pressure is down and looking good.
You earned the large lollypop for that. Congrats!

Eh curious, did she pull the old, "I got some good news and I got some bad news" schtick on you and if so, which did you choose?
I got the news before I went you know these modern days you can go online and find out lab reports before you go see the doctor. I was the one to bring up the good news-bad news schtick.

Been at my Hill Country, Texas ranch since last Saturday. Birthday celebration today included the best breakfast tacos ever, taking the boat out, killer slate of college football all day. Topping it off with drinks on the mountain for sunset, steaks and some of my favorite wines for the OSU-PSU game. Cheers to my favorite internet community, hope y’all had as half as good a weekend as me.

CCW - almost Done

trying to decide on another gun to Buy - just for this purpose !

anyone have a favorite !
Lot's of opinions. Imo. Don't go the .380 route. 9mm`s have 15 to 20 round capacity. I'm a big fan of Sig Saur Legion p229. Whatever you purchase learn everything about your choice. How to take it apart to clean it and so on. I use a belly waste band. I like to have an undershirt. You have a hard time detecting I carry such a larger gun. $700 to $1300 is the amount to spend for quality. I just ask my son and his answer was the one you're most comfortable with.

Lot's of opinions. Imo. Don't go the .380 route. 9mm`s have 15 to 20 round capacity. I'm a big fan of Sig Saur Legion p229. Whatever you purchase learn everything about your choice. How to take it apart to clean it and so on. I use a belly waste band. I like to have an undershirt. You have a hard time detecting I carry such a larger gun. $700 to $1300 is the amount to spend for quality. I just ask my son and his answer was the one you're most comfortable with.

I have a 9mm and a 45cal - 45 is a people dropper
I hunted early on for decades - so gun safety is a way of life !

I took a Look at the Sig - that's a nice option - now on option list - I like compact size !
I'm down 1 - oldest took the Glock 19 - so I do need another !