Let's start a good thread. List something positive today.

I prefer a lake at a park. Very relaxing, we ventured down to Prarie Oaks Park. We spent a good portion of our time collecting tennis balls. Owners throw the balls in the water for dogs to retrieve. Dogs don't get them all and the wind pushes the balls across the lake. We watched dogs play. Hold on for that wild excitement. Lol

Exactly. Something without an upsteam and a downstream. I'm all for downsteam when there's a vehicle to drive the canoe/kayak back upstream.

I worked with a guy a few years ago who went kayaking on one of the local rivers. The day after that he told me of his experience and said he almost kept going. I guess he enjoyed it that much - or didn't want to come back to work (where he spent half the day on his cell phone)! lol

Booked a New Years trip for Lisbon, Madeira Island and Marrakech. Will be awesome to be able to travel internationally again (hopefully).

Related to the discussion above: I like paddle boarding and kayaking on a lake. However, I’m more than happy to rent a canoe, bring the dogs, a few beers and float down a river for 4-6 hours on a nice Saturday morning/afternoon.

Essentially my first shake down boat trip Monday evening. Took it down the channel/nature preserve a couple times the first few weeks.

Positive about the new are the boat dock is located is a couple of bars/restaurants and boaters beach is real close and it is less than three miles from the house and the trip through the preserve to open water is peaceful, the bad is last year it was just 300 feet from the house and when it gets hot out that long ride to open water could get very hot.

I do take care of the neighbors yard and keep an eye out on their place and in turn they allow me to dock my boat at their place for short periods of times like for a few days at a time. That is sweet as it just is 100feet away and then open water about 300 feet.....

damn I love being a poor, welfare type!

Last edited:
My brother and I got our parents' lawn mowed just before the bottom dropped out. Nice, steady rain for about an hour.

The birds predicted it (chirp chirp chirp) and the lawn gave its many thanks.

Sad to report this but today is Wednesday and no one has had anything positive to say since Sunday. Weather was great Monday and Tuesday even though it was a holiday I spent time working in my garden, getting the mulch around the flowers and being able to pick the first good batch of strawberries from my small patch. Had some of them on my cereal this morning - so good.

Last edited:
Sad to report this but today is Wednesday and no one has had anything positive to say since Sunday. Weather was great Monday and Tuesday even though it was a holiday I spent time working in my garden, getting the mulch around the flowers and being able to pick the first good batch of strawberries from my small patch. Had some of them on my cereal this morning - so good.
Yeah, I've had plenty of positive experiences (just hadn't shared them)... thanks to those who served this country and the Giver of every good and perfect gift.

A neighbor shared some of his strawberries with us as well - SSOOO much better than most store-bought.

I had a fantastic Memorial Day Weekend with friends, some of which came in from St Louis and I hadn't seen in several months. We spent a lot of time outside, plenty of grilling, and enjoyed Sunday and Monday evening around the fire pit. (y)

AMC stock today. In at 41 out at 59.
5 billion in debt
500 million in extended rent payments due and I bought it. It makes no sense, but it does feel pretty damn good. Some wealthy funds are losing billions. I'm a small fish and it feels great.

Birds are singing and a hawk is eating a black bird. Squirrels are getting into wife's flower beds. What a good solid rain. Farmers dream

Squirrels are some of the most destructive rodents there are. Live in the limits of a small village and we seem to be a wild life sanctuary for rabbits squirrels and who knows what other wild life. Had to fence in my vegetable garden to keep the rabbits out and even put cages around some plants to protect them and the vegetables they produce from squirrels and birds. Some times I wonder if it is wise to have a garden with what it costs me in time and money. Great rain we have had for the last two days.

Put a fuzzy tail on a rat and people think it's cute. Old squirrel must have passed on, got some young looking critter. We need to come to an understanding that gnawing the wood on the porch swing is a non-starter. City is letting the bunnies and geese do what bunnies and geese do without control. Three-four litters a year with no predators. Did they not have the same lesson on Austrailia I had? On the plus side, I'm having a nice fur coat and some fluffy pillows made.

Put a fuzzy tail on a rat and people think it's cute. Old squirrel must have passed on, got some young looking critter. We need to come to an understanding that gnawing the wood on the porch swing is a non-starter. City is letting the bunnies and geese do what bunnies and geese do without control. Three-four litters a year with no predators. Did they not have the same lesson on Austrailia I had? On the plus side, I'm having a nice fur coat and some fluffy pillows made.
They are gnawing on the patio furniture here. Must be a year for unrest for squirrels. Wonder if the mild winter let many more youngsters make it.

A artist sold his 'Invisible Sculpture" for almost $20,000.00 and this got my brain in gear and I thought, I am not a artist that does sculptures, but I am a very good woodturner and so here is what I am offering for sale. 'Invisible Woodturnings' - Please PM me to discuss type of wood and cost. Please note not all hardwoods and exotic woods are available as invisible and with the price of wood going nuts please contact me for availability and price to commission the work of your choice. Note: I will need a fifty percent (non returnable) deposit to start. Do not wait!!! I am old and I do not know how long I have left and I sure would not want you to miss out on this offering of a lifetime. - 19AL63

A artist sold his 'Invisible Sculpture" for almost $20,000.00 and this got my brain in gear and I thought, I am not a artist that does sculptures, but I am a very good woodturner and so here is what I am offering for sale. 'Invisible Woodturnings' - Please PM me to discuss type of wood and cost. Please note not all hardwoods and exotic woods are available as invisible and with the price of wood going nuts please contact me for availability and price to commission the work of your choice. Note: I will need a fifty percent (non returnable) deposit to start. Do not wait!!! I am old and I do not know how long I have left and I sure would not want you to miss out on this offering of a lifetime. - 19AL63
Will you do a one of one? Need to have 1/1 mentioned