Let's start a good thread. List something positive today.

I have moved the home office to the back deck. Enjoying the fall weather.

Took you long enough! I've been spending about 40-50% of my work day on the back porch of either my place or my in-laws lake house since this all started back in March. I'll say, the best have been the mornings with thunderstorms and a cup of coffee on the back porch, like this morning.

Yesterday I finished phase 2 of re-doing my backyard. Phase 1 was grading/pulling up the raw land in a section of the backyard and seeding it, tearing out some bushes/one tree, planting 4 green giants as privacy trees and building a 4x8 raised garden bed. Phase 2 included re-seeding the formerly raw land area, planting a magnolia, 4 blueberry bushes, 4 blackberry bushes, 4 butterfly bushes, 3 beautyberry bushes, 3 chokeberry bushes, 2 azaleas and then 4 other plants I forget the name of but are good for bees/butterflies. Phase 3 will adding a lower patio and a handful of beds along the house to make a few more bee/butterfly sanctuaries, although I'll likely have a landscaper do Phase 3 after doing Phases 1 and 2 mostly by myself. Between now and phase 3 I'll be messing around with adding bird feeders/houses, hummingbird feeders, etc. around the yard.

anyone have anything good today?

Time off here, and preparing for a work trip next week where I have to decide do I horde my per diem or go and have a blast?

I had my mind set at ease today when I learned that if I supported president Trump I was "uneducatable". Here all these 80 years I thought I was just slow to learn.

I found that it does not matter how bad your day goes if you come home and play with your wiener you will be happy almost instantly...
Watching a little dachshund run though tall grass with his ears flopping and his short legs almost unable to keep up will make anyone (no matter the mood) smile... Luckily my wife loves little wieners too.

Dinner done and we decided on a youtube music night. Bohemia Rhapsody to open, let the music roll. Hank,Kid Rock, Cher,Guns and Roses,Elton, lots of country and whatever pops up.

anyone have anything good today?

Time off here, and preparing for a work trip next week where I have to decide do I horde my per diem or go and have a blast?
Always make out good. Continental breakfast and reasonable lunch (unless client pays :)) and light dinner. Go have a blast!! :p

I found that it does not matter how bad your day goes if you come home and play with your wiener you will be happy almost instantly...
Watching a little dachshund run though tall grass with his ears flopping and his short legs almost unable to keep up will make anyone (no matter the mood) smile... Luckily my wife loves little wieners too.
?

Found out today that I'm going to be a grandpa!

That is wonderful, what a blessing I do not know how many children you have but let me tell you what happens when you have four and they grow up and have kids and then the kids grow up and have kids. You can end up like me blessed with 13 grandkids and 13 great grandkids and we have more to come. The dumbest statement I made was when our kids were teenagers and their Christmas wishes were getting more expensive. I said that i wished they would grow up become adults and we could spend less at the Holiday time. I can honestly say I wish I could go back to the passed. I spend less per person but there are so many more people to buy for. I have been blessed with the fact almost all live close enough so that our tradition of have a family gathering on Christmas eve is a wonderful blessing each year.

That is wonderful, what a blessing I do not know how many children you have but let me tell you what happens when you have four and they grow up and have kids and then the kids grow up and have kids. You can end up like me blessed with 13 grandkids and 13 great grandkids and we hae more to come. The dumbest statement I made was when our kids were teenagers and their Christmas wishes were getting more expensive. I said that i wished they would grow up become adults and we could spend less at the Holiday time. I can honestly say I wish I could go back to the passed. I spend less per person but there are so many more people to buy for. I have been blessed with the fact almost all live close enough so that our tradition of have a family gathering on Christmas eve is a wonderful blessing each year.
Each time our family gets together now we violate Dictator Dewine's gathering limits..........

My employer opted not to participate in Trump's payroll tax boondoggle. So no double withholding starting in January..
My part time job they take it out as normal, and then about a week later pay the $$ to the employees.....guess it makes it easy to know for certain how much it is!