Legacy christian

I think right now it's A two team race between Legacy and Barnesville... A lot can change though. Transfers, incoming freshman, etc. I would give the advantage to Legacy.

As far as Legacy goes, the more interesting question is...will they even have a team in two years? Last years super senior "recruits" have all moved on, and after next year- this current group of super juniors will also move on. They have a really good freshman I saw, but that is just about it.

As far as Legacy goes, the more interesting question is...will they even have a team in two years? Last years super senior "recruits" have all moved on, and after next year- this current group of super juniors will also move on. They have a really good freshman I saw, but that is just about it.

That would be my guess. I will be surprised if the program exists in a few years, but who knows. They could get a new crop of guys.

The team that I'd watch to grow substantially over the next few years is Kettering Alter.

The youth program seems to be pretty solid I didn’t know if anyone knew of anyone moving in to wrestle for legacy

That would be my guess. I will be surprised if the program exists in a few years, but who knows. They could get a new crop of guys.

The team that I'd watch to grow substantially over the next few years is Kettering Alter.
Interesting you say that the program to watch is Alter. They seemed to have a very young team, mostly freshman if I remember correctly. I wonder where one of their coaches came from? 🤔

Interesting you say that the program to watch is Alter. They seemed to have a very young team, mostly freshman if I remember correctly. I wonder where one of their coaches came from? 🤔

Right, that's why I said future. Their head coach was legacy's head coach last year. It's not a secret. He has an 8th grade son that wrestles club with several others. My guess is several of them go to alter. I'm an outsider looking in though. I have no affiliation with the program and I'm just making a guess.

Right, that's why I said future. Their head coach was legacy's head coach last year. It's not a secret. He has an 8th grade son that wrestles club with several others. My guess is several of them go to alter. I'm an outsider looking in though. I have no affiliation with the program and I'm just making a guess.
Thanks WGTJ. Wasn’t that easy new2this?

Tim Begley was the coach at LC and now the coach at Alter. Love that guy.
Did a little google searching and found his sons match against Lindsay from Watterson. I assume that was who they were. Match went OT with Lindsay getting the td. Begley boy is going to be a good one next year.

I’m sure LCA will be ok.

Tim Begley was the best ever at the power half in my opinion. He was a 3 time All-American at Wright State University in the mid 80's. I personal watched him make grown men cry with his power half. It was funny till you had to practice with him.

Best ever running legs... (in my opinion and who i have watched)
1. Tim Begley
2. Collin Palmer - great guy and you see the Palmer power half all over the place. It is deadly. B.Mead was the best at it. McClelland also.
3. Mitch Clark

Begley = top position killer!
I know one of his old college teammates and there was a huge event maybe Nationals in Begley was down 11 going into the 3rd, he picked top and teched the kid, very high level kid at that

Last edited:
Tim Begley was the best ever at the power half in my opinion. He was a 3 time All-American at Wright State University in the mid 80's. I personal watched him make grown men cry with his power half. It was funny till you had to practice with him.

Best ever running legs... (in my opinion and who i have watched)
1. Tim Begley
2. Collin Palmer - great guy and you see the Palmer power half all over the place. It is deadly. B.Mead was the best at it. McClelland also.
3. Mitch Clark

I heard a couple stories about Begley running legs. For one, against some very good guys, he would be down on double digit points going into the 3rd period, pick top, and end up with tech falls.

I heard it was pretty funny to watch him wrestle Greco as he would be making the motion to put a leg in while on top but not actually put the leg in.

I also heard that he ended up at Wright State because of a skin issue at the state tournament his senior year that kept him from competing - likely would have been recruited to a bigger school is my understanding.

Seems like the new legacy coach follows the Hoskins and lacures to wherever they go

Hmmm - I don't know about that. He didn't leave Greenview to go to Dayton Christian, did he? He coached at Beavercreek after coaching at Greenview and recently took the LCA job after Begley left. Mike Sizemore is a good man and I hope that he continues to have success at Legacy.

I heard a couple stories about Begley running legs. For one, against some very good guys, he would be down on double digit points going into the 3rd period, pick top, and end up with tech falls.

I heard it was pretty funny to watch him wrestle Greco as he would be making the motion to put a leg in while on top but not actually put the leg in.

I also heard that he ended up at Wright State because of a skin issue at the state tournament his senior year that kept him from competing - likely would have been recruited to a bigger school is my understanding.
#1 True. Ashland (against another AA i think) match he was down 4-1, takes top 2nd period and is up 16-4 after two.
#2 Not sure on the greco but sounds right. Natural instinct I am sure.
#3 Senior year high school (took 4th as a jr) Begey beat Scott Hinkle from Fairfield 12-4 in the district final. Gets to state and doctor says you hav something on your face, you can't wrestle. Hinkle wins state and goes to Purdue. Tim goes to Wright State and is great. He def would have gone to a D1 school.

Last edited: