LeBron becomes first active NBA billionaire

Orin Swift

Pretty wild that all it took to pull it off was being arguably the best ever, arguably the greatest genetic athletic freak ever, arguably the greatest feats of availability/stamina given the number of games/minutes he’s played between regular reason, playoffs, FIBA/Olympic play and the small amount of time he’s missed.

He joins MJ as the only players to reach a billion but is the first to do so while being an active player. It has long been said by LeBron and those close to him that one of his personal dreams was to reach the billionaire status while being the NBA. It will be interesting to see if, now he’s reached this goal, he pulls a Tom Brady and starts taking less in salary, especially as he ages and slowly sees his play decline, to help his team win a title.

Given that the bulk of his wealth is outside his NBA salary, I would say he could take whatever pay cut he chooses to at this point.

For someone who didn't go to college, he's sure become a really good businessman.

Jim Carrey Whatever GIF

Given that the bulk of his wealth is outside his NBA salary, I would say he could take whatever pay cut he chooses to at this point.

For someone who didn't go to college, he's sure become a really good businessman.

Fairly subtle too. You don't really see his name plastered all over the place outside of basketball. His family has kept together. VERY few people of that wealth class have to interact with us regulars on the day-to-day as he has. No major public confrontations. He's not greedy. Hasn't slapped any comedians.

He's not my favorite personality by a long shot but his momma did a pretty good job.

Fairly subtle too. You don't really see his name plastered all over the place outside of basketball. His family has kept together. VERY few people of that wealth class have to interact with us regulars on the day-to-day as he has. No major public confrontations. He's not greedy. Hasn't slapped any comedians.

He's not my favorite personality by a long shot but his momma did a pretty good job.
You are correct, LeBron may be alot of things, but dumb is not one of them. He's very wise with his money and has, by all accounts been a great husband and father. I'm often amazed that in so many kids emulate their stars, but every person that aspires to excel at pro basketball should emulate LeBron, both on and off the floor. Not may favorite human being, but he's certainly done very well for himself.

So in LeBron fashion, he selectively picks stories and narratives and brings them up. This is the Jerry Jones photo from 1957, yes, 65 years ago. He wonders why the media doesn't ask him about that when they ask him about Kyrie's shananigans.

Is this guy, the best representation of why athletes should shut up and dribble? LeBron James is a great basketball player. That's it. We don't need to run national items of interest by him. HIS OPINION DOES NOT MATTER!!!!!
I really can't wait for LeBron to retire and go away.

So in LeBron fashion, he selectively picks stories and narratives and brings them up. This is the Jerry Jones photo from 1957, yes, 65 years ago. He wonders why the media doesn't ask him about that when they ask him about Kyrie's shananigans.

Is this guy, the best representation of why athletes should shut up and dribble? LeBron James is a great basketball player. That's it. We don't need to run national items of interest by him. HIS OPINION DOES NOT MATTER!!!!!
And yet here you are, digging up a 6 month old thread about him becoming a billionaire to talk about his opinion on something other than him becoming a billionaire. Sounds like his opinion matters enough for you to listen, pull up Yappi, dig up an old thread and post a 2+ paragraph about it lol

And yet here you are, digging up a 6 month old thread about him becoming a billionaire to talk about his opinion on something other than him becoming a billionaire. Sounds like his opinion matters enough for you to listen, pull up Yappi, dig up an old thread and post a 2+ paragraph about it lol
I didn't want to start a new thread on the bum, I just wanted to make sure this latest flap wasn't missed. Is there a statute on these threads? Didn't reallize that Threadmaster.... :rolleyes:

I didn't want to start a new thread on the bum, I just wanted to make sure this latest flap wasn't missed. Is there a statute on these threads? Didn't reallize that Threadmaster.... :rolleyes:
Of course not. Just pointing out how much LeBron’s opinion clearly matters to you, so much you took the time to dig up a 6 month old thread, despite you claiming his opinion doesn’t matter. Actions speak much louder than words.

Why does LeBron’s opinion mean so much to you?

Of course not. Just pointing out how much LeBron’s opinion clearly matters to you, so much you took the time to dig up a 6 month old thread, despite you claiming his opinion doesn’t matter. Actions speak much louder than words.

Why does LeBron’s opinion mean so much to you?
Hmmm....stop trolling.

LeBum is one of the biggest racist out there. Was once my favorite athlete but now I can’t stand his big mouth. Trying to take the spot light off Kyrie who was FORCED to apologize or not play basketball when if it was a white player he would of been cut- I wish people would fight back on LeBums dumb . Can’t wait for this dude to go away.

LeBum is one of the biggest racist out there. Was once my favorite athlete but now I can’t stand his big mouth. Trying to take the spot light off Kyrie who was FORCED to apologize or not play basketball when if it was a white player he would of been cut- I wish people would fight back on LeBums dumb . Can’t wait for this dude to go away.
He's just about gone now.